PDA

View Full Version : Newbie looking for casual group.

tehl33tg33k
May 28th, 2015, 23:29
Been wanting to play D&D for years, but have always had something stand in the way. I know the general mechanics of the game, and have watched a fair amount being played, so I'm not a complete stranger to the game. Now that I've found FG, I have decided to jump in, since a lack of players and my odd working hours shouldn't be an issue with the vast expanses of the internet at my disposal.

I'd like to get a semi-regular game going with some players willing to help me learn more, as well as having a fun game.

I'm looking to play D&D 5th Ed, any weekday after 10pm (UTC) and I have Skype, Hangouts and Teamspeak installed, though I'm willing to use pretty much anything if I need to.

Nylanfs
May 29th, 2015, 00:02
You can also try the Society of Extraordinary Gamers (https://extraordinarygamers.com/) also

Taonna
May 29th, 2015, 01:22
Just a couple of quick questions:
Are you wanting to run a game or play in a game?
what level of Fg do you own free, full, or ultimate?
And welcome to FG

damned
May 29th, 2015, 01:46
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?24491-FSHSchmo-s-June-AL-Games-Announced

Inked_aasimar
May 29th, 2015, 12:07
I'm looking for a group as well, im pretty new too & have skype.

tehl33tg33k
May 29th, 2015, 13:35
Just a couple of quick questions:
Are you wanting to run a game or play in a game?
what level of Fg do you own free, full, or ultimate?
And welcome to FG

I have a full licence, but not the ultimate. I did purchase the D&D full class pack if that makes a difference.

Looking to just play at the moment as I'm new to both FG and D&D.

tehl33tg33k
May 29th, 2015, 13:40
@Inked_assimar

Cool. I've watched a lot played, so I think I know what I'm doing, but it'd be nice to get a few players together to learn more. What times, and how often, are you free to play?

damned
May 29th, 2015, 14:54
Hey tehl33tg33k and Inked_aasimar sometimes you will fall right into a game and sometimes it will take a week or two - but it will happen.

damned
May 29th, 2015, 14:56
Guys - check out this crazy looking game that Mask_Of_Winter is running - https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?24501-Oh-what-a-day!-What-a-lovely-day! he always runs a good game. It might not be the game you are looking for but you will meet new people and get a taste of how things work.

NDDracula
May 31st, 2015, 02:07
Hi, im also looking for a D&D Group, Been wanting to play D&D for a while but limited player base in my area, I'm not a complete stranger to the game and now that I've found FG, l'd like to get a semi-regular game going with some players willing to help me learn more, as well as having a fun game. I have the Full version of FG, and D&D content available atm, will purchase Ultimate if needed. Also have hard copys of books for reference while playing, I'm looking to play D&D 5th Ed, any weekday after 7pm (CST) Weekends are pretty much open, and I have Skype, Vent, Hangouts and Teamspeak installed, though I'm willing to use pretty much anything if I need to.