PDA

View Full Version : Vicious Mockery

Daxis32
May 26th, 2015, 05:07
I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty-headed animal food trough wiper! I fart in your general direction! Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!

But seriously.

I'm new to 5E but I would guess most people are. Vicious Mockery says to use a Wisdom saving throw but doesn't indicate a DC. I've been using the casters Spell Save DC (bard, 8+prof+char mod) but Fantasy Ground uses DC 10. I'm willing to concede my ignorance but can any one clarify?

WhtZombie
May 26th, 2015, 05:17
I am French can't you tell by my outrageous accent? This is how mine works after a minor tweak to the spell.

Daxis32
May 26th, 2015, 05:25
Thanks WhtZombie. I guess my question is should it be the casters DC or just DC 10? I guess you too believe it should be the caster's DC.

Daxis32
May 26th, 2015, 05:31
Also, maybe I'm not understanding the limits of Fantasy Ground. I guess the DC 10 is just a placeholder because the code can't interpret the class using the spell. So spells have to be tweaked after added?

WhtZombie
May 26th, 2015, 05:34
NP Daxis32, since the spell section in the PHB does not mention a flat DC 10 I am assuming it follows all the other spell DC calculations i.e. under the individual classes so in this case it would be 8 + Base Stat + Prof. I have found this flat CD 10 in more than one spell when dropping it on a Char sheet in FG, did not give it much thought as I have to apply a minor tweak to them anyway. Actually has helped me to understand FG better and I am now making modifications without hesitation.

Griogre
May 26th, 2015, 08:15
When you drop your spells you should get a gray divider that says something like Spells (Level X). Click on the magnifying glass at the right end of the bar. This will bring up the Power Group Spells pop up. Set the Ability to Char for a bard, etc. This will set all the DCs correctly so you don't have to modify each spell individually except in special cases.