PDA

View Full Version : New player with friend

afroats13
May 26th, 2015, 04:06
Hi all... brand new player to FG with VERY limited experience to D&D (played 4e for about a month before GM moved away). Friend at work has played Pathfinder but we are both looking for an online game as life has made IRL games difficult to attend, and I stumbled across FG. How do we get started and what is the most cost-efficient way to dip our toes in the water? We are located in Eastern time-zone US with Mondays and Wednesday nights available. Going to need a very patient GM to ease me into the game and the software. Any takers?

Mask_of_winter
May 26th, 2015, 04:37
Welcome!
Most cost efficient way is to find a GM with an Ultimate license which means you won't need to purchase a license. Then keep checking in the LFG forum for a GM to announce he's looking for players and reply to the thread or pm the GM directly.

Good luck!

afroats13
May 26th, 2015, 04:44
Welcome!
Most cost efficient way is to find a GM with an Ultimate license which means you won't need to purchase a license. Then keep checking in the LFG forum for a GM to announce he's looking for players and reply to the thread or pm the GM directly.

Good luck!

Thank you! I appreciate the quick response and will be on the lookout...

jhall6766
May 26th, 2015, 05:01
first off welcome aboard to the both of you... AS for the most cost efficient manner to play it basically comes down to what you both wish to do with FG.. The demo gets you in the door but it limits you in a couple of ways.. The full license is more of a players license but it allows you to gm if you wish.. but your restricted in how many nonlicensed players you can have at your table... Then there is the ultimate license which is more of a gms license.. They can have any number of nonlicensed players at their table...

afroats13
May 26th, 2015, 05:06
first off welcome aboard to the both of you... AS for the most cost efficient manner to play it basically comes down to what you both wish to do with FG.. The demo gets you in the door but it limits you in a couple of ways.. The full license is more of a players license but it allows you to gm if you wish.. but your restricted in how many nonlicensed players you can have at your table... Then there is the ultimate license which is more of a gms license.. They can have any number of nonlicensed players at their table...

Thanks! Speaking for myself only on this one... I can tell you I enjoyed playing before because it was a group of IRL friends. My apprehension comes from not knowing whether I can find a regular campaign to play.

jhall6766
May 26th, 2015, 05:20
Well you have already taken the first step on that road.. Stay active in the forums.. When you see a posting for a game sign up... Also dont limit yourself to one specific Ruleset.. There are a great many of them out there and Fg has a great library of them in their store.. But for the most part whatever game you sign up for the gm will have the ruleset available for you to use.. You could also join a gamer group... The most active group and the one I would suggest is https://extraordinarygamers.com/// That is the page for the Society of Extraordinary Gamers.. They have a very active community and play a wide variety of games..