PDA

View Full Version : Help with Par5e on Core rulesets

Thete
May 26th, 2015, 02:21
Hi folks, has anyone had success using the core setting in Par5e?

I've got the E5 setting to work on a core-derived ruleset with the help of an extension, but I get errors with the Core setting. Anyone got any experience they could share?

Thete
May 30th, 2015, 04:36
Hi folks, has anyone had success using the core setting in Par5e?

I've got the E5 setting to work on a core-derived ruleset with the help of an extension, but I get errors with the Core setting. Anyone got any experience they could share?

Really?...noones tried using the CoreRPG setting to create referencemanual modules for the CoreRPG ruleset?

Hmm maybe I'll try it with an official CoreRPG derived ruleset like Savage worlds..

damned
May 30th, 2015, 07:23
what are you parsing?

Thete
May 30th, 2015, 08:51
what are you parsing?

Just the example text from the help pdf

#@;Chapter 1
#!;SubChapter title
##;Introduction
#h;A Heading
#ls;
#li;1st line
#li;2nd line
#li;3rd line
#le;
#!;Basic Rules
##;Another Page Title
##;And Another Page Title

OneSidedDie
May 31st, 2015, 00:08
The instructions show two newlines between the end of a reference and the start of a new one.

[#@;{Chapter Name}\n
[#!;{Subchapter Name}\n]
[##;{Ref Page Name}\n
[{text line} \n] ]\ n]

So your example would be:
#@;Chapter 1
#!;SubChapter title
##;Introduction
#h;A Heading
#ls;
#li;1st line
#li;2nd line
#li;3rd line
#le;

#!;Basic Rules
##;Another Page Title
#h;Another heading
More text!

Thete
May 31st, 2015, 12:18
The instructions show two newlines between the end of a reference and the start of a new one.

[#@;{Chapter Name}\n
[#!;{Subchapter Name}\n]
[##;{Ref Page Name}\n
[{text line} \n] ]\ n]

So your example would be:
#@;Chapter 1
#!;SubChapter title
##;Introduction
#h;A Heading
#ls;
#li;1st line
#li;2nd line
#li;3rd line
#le;

#!;Basic Rules
##;Another Page Title
#h;Another heading
More text!

I tried adding the blank lines and still get the error. The error is:
"Runtime Error: desktop: Unable to create window with invalid class (reference_manual : reference.refmanualindex@modulename)
"
It seems that the CoreRPG setting in Par5e creates a module that looks for classes that are only available in DnDe5 rulesset?

Dakadin
May 31st, 2015, 20:03
You should be able to create an extension that has those window classes in them. Just copy the window classes you need to a new XML file out of the 5E ruleset. Not sure if it will get you past the errors but it might be worth a try.

damned
June 1st, 2015, 04:21
better off not using that reference_manual class - dont use the par5e codes that create this class entry.

Thete
June 2nd, 2015, 12:36
better off not using that reference_manual class - dont use the par5e codes that create this class entry.

I've pretty much got it working fine with an extension, but am curious why you suggest not using the reference_manual class Damned?

damned
June 2nd, 2015, 14:06
I've pretty much got it working fine with an extension, but am curious why you suggest not using the reference_manual class Damned?

if I was writing a CoreRPG library then I would stick to classes that were present in CoreRPG.
but what you are doing is obviously working so go for it.

btw - it looks bloody awesome
oh and you should have a quiet word with sferguson before you invest massive amounts of time in this... mind you I havent see Scott about for a little while...

Thete
June 2nd, 2015, 14:28
if I was writing a CoreRPG library then I would stick to classes that were present in CoreRPG.
but what you are doing is obviously working so go for it.

btw - it looks bloody awesome
oh and you should have a quiet word with sferguson before you invest massive amounts of time in this... mind you I havent see Scott about for a little while...

Cheers, the DnD5E reference book format is very nice, I couldn't resist borrowing it. And thanks for the heads up, I might give sferguson, see if he needs a volunteer

dulux-oz
June 2nd, 2015, 15:00
Thete=> Could I get a copy of the .mod file you've got there - even if its not "finished". You've given me an idea for something and I'd like to test it out.

You can email to me at [email protected]

Thanks

Dakadin
June 3rd, 2015, 04:32
Great job! I really like the way it looks.