PDA

View Full Version : PFS update from PaizoCon.

Trenloe
May 26th, 2015, 02:13
I attended the PFS Venture Officer's meal prior to PaizoCon, where various information regarding PFS was discussed. The following is a highlight of what I can share with you:

Season 7 is "Season of Serpents" which is "mostly" based on the Aspis Consortium, but may involve serpentfolk too. The Aspis NPCs will be made to have a "bit more bite" rather than being the poorly designed/handicapped enemies they have been before.
Season 7 will start at GenCon with the 7-00 special, which is what happens when the Sky Key is "switched on".
No plans to change the current factions.
Seasons will no longer be heavily linked to Adventure Paths. There are plans to have small story arcs - similar to the Destiny of the Sands trilogy which was vaguely linked to Mummy's Mask.
There will be some scenario specials that will be 4/5 star GMs only - even VOs won't be able to run them. The feeling is that there are enough 4/5 star GMs around that this won't be an issue in most regions. This is aimed at rewarding 4/5 star GMs with something unique.
The feeling is that players lose interest in a story arc after 7-8 months, so definitely no plans for story arcs longer than one year, but most major story lines will be kept to one year as the release schedule based around GenCon works well for marketing etc..
No plans for specials including Seeker levels (above level 11) in future. Combats take too long at high levels and so in multi table specials the very high tiers lose out (rarely complete combats).
The two specials ran at PaizoCon were: Siege of Serpents (the multi table special - 5 tables minimum, tiers 1-11) and the play Aspis NPCs "Serpent's Rise" (mostly ACG based pregens at level 7 - not multi-table) where the players play Apsis consortium members on the other side of the events at the Siege of Serpents special.

Farnaby
May 26th, 2015, 10:09
Thanks Trenloe, serpentfolk sound interesting.
Also I think the decision to do smaller story arcs quite good. I enjoy the trilogies.

cmdisc
May 26th, 2015, 11:58
Curious how they intend to handle the maps in their pdf's since Season 6's have been known to cause issues for those of us who simply liked to copy/paste 'em.

Trenloe
May 26th, 2015, 15:44
Curious how they intend to handle the maps in their pdf's since Season 6's have been known to cause issues for those of us who simply liked to copy/paste 'em.
This has been caused by an upgrade in the software that Paizo use to make their PDFs. It isn't a deliberate move. They've stated that if anyone can tell them how to fix the issue in the software they will (without changing software), but no one has managed to come up with a solution.

Now they provide player maps in the scenarios for custom maps - you can use a screen grabber for these.

cmdisc
May 26th, 2015, 19:04
That works.