PDA

View Full Version : New player to 5E.

MattL
May 26th, 2015, 02:11
Hello, I'm looking for a group to play with, and I have a flexible schedule. I would like a long running campaign but i'm welling to get my feet wet with any 5E game.
Have played:
D&D 2e for years, 3e and 3.5 for years, stopped at 4th and just now wanting to get back into it.

NDDracula
May 31st, 2015, 01:49
MattL,

Know you feel im a long term D&D players myself but new to FG, Im also looking for a Group to be part of for 5E. If I hear of anything I will drop you a line.

damned
May 31st, 2015, 03:10
:)
Ive just followed about 5 threads with your post NDDracula - this is definitely the best way to get into a game - actively post on new game threads.
There are always more players than GMs so stay active and you will grab a game.
If you want to join in that session tonight - assuming that Willem and or tehl33tg33k make it also it could be an opportunity to form a new group.

NDDracula
May 31st, 2015, 03:38
Hey im open to just about anything, As i stated, i own all of the 5E products even the ones released by https://www.gf9.com/ while a D&D fanboy....dont judge its in my blood, im open to pathfinder or any rpg for that matter....I just live in bfe and well groups are spotty at best lol.

Goltron
June 1st, 2015, 06:02
Another noob to both FG and DnD looking to join up with some players who are willing to show me the ropes and guide me through my first few games.

Willem
June 1st, 2015, 12:04
Hi we got a D&D 5E Mine of Phandelver (starter) campaign going now we are not far at all and no problem to start over (were only like 2-3 hours in)
If you have steam add me there.
Got room for 3 more people anyone is welcome to join.

We are west EU timezone though

damned
June 1st, 2015, 13:06
Welcome Willem :)

Willem
June 1st, 2015, 13:22
Welcome Willem :)

Hi Damned ;)

Btw guys Damned is the best mentor !
He got us up and running from complete (d&d and FG) noobs to starters in just few hours now we run 3 people (meaby 4th is joining)
Only tehl33tg33k does have litlle experience from watching people play pen/paper but also completly new to FG.

Greets

X-baby longshot
June 1st, 2015, 18:26
Hello all, Dammed posted on my thread so i thought i would post here as well..
I’m a 20+year’s experienced role-player looking for a group to call home with. I recently moved to Europe so I’m out of the standard US time zone play times, and having a hard time. I have found a few games here and there that haven’t really ended up lasting more than a few sessions. So I’m hoping to find a long lasting group that’s looking to pick up one more Player and jump in. I’m pretty flexible as far as game types are and I will put a lot of effort in to character development and background story, if given time to do it. I try to make original or unique builds that works well to fill a specific need with in a group, and am normally the last person to decide on a build. For example as a Summoner in a Pathfinder group, I become the party’s main tank. Additionally I played a drunken barbarian/alchemist in pathfinder to make a Witcher style DPS class. I played a Melee Warlock in 3.5 D&D, not because it was particularly great, but because it was super fun! I know most the major game types, and have played every version of D&D; plus Pathfinder, D20 modern/future, Rifts, Earth Dawn, Vampire, and many others most have forgotten even existed. Any rate if you guys have room for me, please let me know, and let me know what role the group needs so i can start drafting a character concept and background.

Willem
June 1st, 2015, 20:20
Hello all, Dammed posted on my thread so i thought i would post here as well..
I’m a 20+year’s experienced role-player looking for a group to call home with. I recently moved to Europe so I’m out of the standard US time zone play times, and having a hard time. I have found a few games here and there that haven’t really ended up lasting more than a few sessions. So I’m hoping to find a long lasting group that’s looking to pick up one more Player and jump in. I’m pretty flexible as far as game types are and I will put a lot of effort in to character development and background story, if given time to do it. I try to make original or unique builds that works well to fill a specific need with in a group, and am normally the last person to decide on a build. For example as a Summoner in a Pathfinder group, I become the party’s main tank. Additionally I played a drunken barbarian/alchemist in pathfinder to make a Witcher style DPS class. I played a Melee Warlock in 3.5 D&D, not because it was particularly great, but because it was super fun! I know most the major game types, and have played every version of D&D; plus Pathfinder, D20 modern/future, Rifts, Earth Dawn, Vampire, and many others most have forgotten even existed. Any rate if you guys have room for me, please let me know, and let me know what role the group needs so i can start drafting a character concept and background.

Hi X-baby you are more then welcome to join our group if you dont mind playing with people new to the game we have tehl33tg33k he has some xp with d&d from watching people play.
Me and Martin are new to d&d and FG but we are getting the hang of things.
Also we are from EU me and martin from The Netherlands and l33tg33k from UK.
We are playing the starter Mine of phendelver 5e adventure with pre-gen characters to learn the game, but we plan to develop characters to.

And youre 20+ years xp is very welcome it would be a honor to adventure with you ;)

Greets

edit: btw we are mature grp 37 39 and not sure about l33tg33k but hes also in that range ;)

X-baby longshot
June 1st, 2015, 21:16
Nice, I am 37 myself and looking foward to it. Few questions i have are, do i need a steam account, do we have a calendar set up, and do i need a license or is the GM running ultimate?

Willem
June 1st, 2015, 21:50
No steam needed you can run the "standalone" version from the FG site you can connect via ip.
We do need a way to stay in touch though (i can send you a TS server adress its our private server)
There is no calendar setup as we were just trying out but we can start over we are not far at all only 2 hours or so and we can set it up more serious this time.
The GM has normal version we all do, i believe you can connect 1 demo with that (if i'm wrong someone pls correct me)
If you want to GM you need to buy the normal version at least.

Let me contact the GM as soon as he is online and we can do more planning.

Awesome if you join us ;)

Trenloe
June 1st, 2015, 22:53
The GM has normal version we all do, i believe you can connect 1 demo with that (if i'm wrong someone pls correct me)
You can connect *only* one demo to a full licence - nothing else, if any other full licence connected it would take the game out of demo mode and the free licence would be disconnected. For more than just one player, you need at least full licences to play with a full licenced GM.

Quinn
June 2nd, 2015, 01:19
I've been looking to find a steady group too. Depending on when the games are played, I'd be interested in joining in.

quinn

Willem
June 2nd, 2015, 06:55
You can connect *only* one demo to a full licence - nothing else, if any other full licence connected it would take the game out of demo mode and the free licence would be disconnected. For more than just one player, you need at least full licences to play with a full licenced GM.

Ah so thats how that works, thanks for clearing that up

Willem
June 2nd, 2015, 06:58
I've been looking to find a steady group too. Depending on when the games are played, I'd be interested in joining in.

quinn

Were going to plan day's and time pretty soon were all EU though so not sure if it could work out for you but if it does you are welcome to join us
I'll post some info here when i know more then you can decide.

MattL
June 3rd, 2015, 01:28
Thanks for letting us now about the game. Sorry, it took me so long to get back.

Willem
June 4th, 2015, 18:54
Oke guy's i spoke to the GM he is coming from work in 2 hours from this post.
Please be there so we can setup a group and make agenda and stuff.
Meet in the FG TS at 22:00

MattL
June 4th, 2015, 19:01
Hey Willem, I'm downloading TS now can you send me the info?

Willem
June 4th, 2015, 19:05
Hey Willem, I'm downloading TS now can you send me the info?

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?17071-Voicechat!-Community-TeamSpeak3-Server

There you go mate speak to you soon ;)

Quinn
June 4th, 2015, 21:56
Was on a game. Just finished. let me know on particulars and i'll let you know if that will work for me.

T.Rust Monster
June 5th, 2015, 05:21
Hi,
Dont mean to sound like the broken record, but, .. new to FG, old time D&D nut. Would love to share some of the learning curve with others interested. Nothing but time to spend and this. Have the Ultimate hook up & the D&D5e PHB, MM & TLMoP. this looks good. Now if i can figure it out.

Do have intents on learning this system good enough to DM for you peeps that might be interested in some long term homebrew stuff D&D5e Oh yeah, I'm in Central time zone in the US. But it might work out as, i have a crazy life, with lots of free time. Hope to hear from you and hope to TS with you soon. Cant wait to play! \oo/

T.Rust Monster

Willem
June 5th, 2015, 06:57
Hi,
Dont mean to sound like the broken record, but, .. new to FG, old time D&D nut. Would love to share some of the learning curve with others interested. Nothing but time to spend and this. Have the Ultimate hook up & the D&D5e PHB, MM & TLMoP. this looks good. Now if i can figure it out.

Do have intents on learning this system good enough to DM for you peeps that might be interested in some long term homebrew stuff D&D5e Oh yeah, I'm in Central time zone in the US. But it might work out as, i have a crazy life, with lots of free time. Hope to hear from you and hope to TS with you soon. Cant wait to play! \oo/

T.Rust Monster

Hi T.Rust we had meeting yesterday to setup things we decided that next week we will all learn FG as most of us are new to it and some of us even new to D&D so we are starting slowly ;)
You are more then welcome to join us next week Thu, Jun 11th 09:30 PM BST we will be in FG TS you can find the info in this thread somewhere.

See you soon ;)

dlinacre
June 6th, 2015, 22:12
Hi,

I'm in the UK and also finding it hard to find a 5E game advertised that's time-zone friendly. If there's any space left in your group I'm totally interested in joining! My experience with D&D has been limited the last few years, and apart from a pick-up game or two with FG some time ago I'm also pretty new. I have the PHB, TLMoP campaign, and funds for ultimate license if needed. Would love to be a player or DM depending on what's free!

Darren

Willem
June 6th, 2015, 23:13
Hi,

I'm in the UK and also finding it hard to find a 5E game advertised that's time-zone friendly. If there's any space left in your group I'm totally interested in joining! My experience with D&D has been limited the last few years, and apart from a pick-up game or two with FG some time ago I'm also pretty new. I have the PHB, TLMoP campaign, and funds for ultimate license if needed. Would love to be a player or DM depending on what's free!

Darren

Join us Thu, Jun 11th 09:30 PM BST on FG TS see what we can do ;)

Leshaun
June 8th, 2015, 18:36
Hello everyone!

Completely new P&P player here looking for a group with a little patience and helpful attitude. I've done the necessary reading and I have access to the players handbook and monster manual.
I've only got the trial version and I feel that I want to try it out before I commit to a purchase so DM needs to have ultimate edition.
Contact me through skype or pm if you've got room for a beginner.

Looking forward

Jakob

Willem
June 10th, 2015, 10:16
Hello everyone!

Completely new P&P player here looking for a group with a little patience and helpful attitude. I've done the necessary reading and I have access to the players handbook and monster manual.
I've only got the trial version and I feel that I want to try it out before I commit to a purchase so DM needs to have ultimate edition.
Contact me through skype or pm if you've got room for a beginner.

Looking forward

Jakob

Hi you are welcome to join us tomorrow but i dont know if there will be spots left however we are only doing some combat encounters to get the hang of that kind of stuff within FG.
So join up if you like we will be on FG TS

Greets

X-baby longshot
June 25th, 2015, 20:19
Are we playing tonight?

dlinacre
June 26th, 2015, 09:00
Hey,

I've created a new recruitment thread - so anyone interested in following the game from here on in - please check that out

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?24920-*Recruiting*-5E-Lost-Mines-of-Phandelver-GMT-0&p=219068#post219068

damned
June 26th, 2015, 09:13
Were running *FGDaze!* this Saturday 27th June. *15 free one shot games* for all comers but you gotta book! We have a fantastic range of rule systems and genres being run from the Savage Worlds - Eye of Kilquato to Star Wars, Shadowrun, Top Secret, Pathfinder, Fate, and lots of D&D 5e. All games are newbie friendly - new to the system and new to +Fantasy Grounds.

You need a demo license (or better) of Fantasy Grounds , TeamSpeak and a Headset and Mic. Games are filling fast - dont miss out.

A couple of new games posted - 18 spots all up available right now -

[FGDAZE] - Eye of Kilquato - Savage Worlds - Pulp (3 spots)
Buck savage and the crew have been contracted to retrieve the legendary Eye of Kilquato! The race is on as the Third Reich has deemed the eye a national treasure fit only for motherland. Brave river pirates, fight ancient cults and explore the darkest corners of the Amazon!
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=1474

[FGDAZE] -- Shattered Galaxy One Shot -- Savage Worlds -- Scirf (6 spots)
he freelance crew of the Gay Deciever is looking for work on the merchanter outpost on the edge of reclaimed space. What awaits them in the lost shards of the galaxy that is putting itself back together after FTL travel was broken for nearly a century. Will be using Teamspeak and if no expereience with either/or Savage Worlds/Fantasy Grounds, please tell me ahead of time so I am aware.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=1486

[FGDaze] D&D 5e - Bandit's Nest (6 spots available)
Newcomers welcome! Bandit's Nest is an adventure for 1st level characters. I will run as much as we can get through in two hours. Please have TeamSpeak installed and a mic. Pregens will be available but you can bring your own character built with the standard array. Also, please be aware that I don't own the official module and am not a regular D&D 5e GM although I'm confident in my ability to provide a fun experience for all.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=1480

[FGDAZE] DDEX2-5 Flames of Kythorn - New Players Welcome (1 spots)
During a summer drought, Mulmaster is threatened by a series of arson attacks. As the populace riots, accusations fly blaming Thayans, residents of the ghettos, rowdy sailors, the refugees from Phlan and dozens of others. Can you solve the mystery before the city burns? An adventure for 1st-4th level characters.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=1477

[FGDAZE] Savage Top Secret [SXG] (1 spot available)
Synopsis: Missile plans your organization wants are rumored to be in a relatively unguarded warehouse safe. Your team is tasked to get them ASAP. This is a one shot for FGDaze. It is a Savage Worlds conversion of an old school Top Secret adventure. Pregens will be provided.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=1472

[FGDaze] D&D 5E - Adventurers League- DDEX02-01 City of Danger -Noobs Welcome (full)
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=1476

[FGDaze] D&D 5e - White Plume Mountain (3 spots available)
When Riikan Dack, a wealthy collector of rare art objects, hired you to recover a weapon stolen from his vault, he offered your group 10,000 gp—a reward sizable enough to dissuade you from asking too many questions. He showed you the boastful note left by the thief—supposedly an ancient wizard named Keraptis—and told you that his sources had pinpointed your destination (the “feathered mound” named in the note) as a volcanic peak called White Plume Mountain.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=1481

[FGDaze] Lost Mines of Phandelver NPW (New Player Welcome) (4 spots available)
FGDaze one shot - Meant to introduce new players interested in D&D 5th Edition as well as Fantasy Grounds. Will be running thrue the first part of LMoP
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=1483

[FGDaze] Savage Worlds - The Last Parsec: Omariss Death Worm (full)
The heroes are asked to accompany Dr. Albert Mars to the distant desert world of Omariss 7. There he hopes to capture the mysterious and legendary "death worm." A local war complicates the matter, so the JumpCorp team will need all its wits to survive this dangerous expedition. This is a one shot session for FGDaze and will run for 4 hours. No Fantasy Grounds nor Savage Worlds experience is required. PreGens supplied. Headset and mic required.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=1458

[FGDaze] Shadowrun Missions - SRM02-01 Parliament of Thieves (full)
Shadowrun Missions - SRM02-01 Parliament of Thieves
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=1470

[FGDaze] Star Wars - Force & Destiny Beginner Game - Noobs Welcome (full)
A 4 hour one-off game of the new Beginner Game for Star Wars: Force and Destiny. PreGens provided and beginners welcome.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=1466

[FGDaze] War of the Dead (full)
This is a one-shot, three hours in length for FGDaze. Beginners welcome, no experience necessary. Where were you, the day the Earth died? An unexplained cataclysm is infecting the world. Millions are dying and rising as flesh-consuming ghouls. Entire cities are roaming graveyards, and even the countryside is overrun with creatures in search of living flesh. Those remaining are banding together for survival, some seeking safety in numbers and others seeking to use their numbers to overpower and dominate the weak. It's a war for survival. A . . . . . . War of the Dead!
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=1459

[FGDAZE] C-Sec Adventures: Murder at the 4th Star Hotel - New players welcome. (full)
FGDaze One Shot - A known Turian xenophobe has been murdered in his hotel room. A Spectre is in the area who is notorious for collateral damage and loss of life. It's up to C-Sec to solve the crime and bring the murder to justice before this Spectre decides to step in. This is a One Shot session for FGDaze and will run between 4-6 hours. Characters will be provided.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=1462

[FGDAZE] D&D 5e - DDEX2-8 Foulness Beneath Mulmaster - New Players Welcome (full)
The sewers beneath Mulmaster have always been dangerous, with countless stories of brigands, murderers, and worse that lurk beneath the streets of the City of Danger. But those stories pale in comparison to a new threat under Mulmaster, one brought to light by a strange and disturbing corpse recently found. It is up to you to learn the terrifying truth of what lurks below. An adventure for 1st-4th level characters.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=1460

[FGDAZE] Maelstrom - Fencing Masters - Noobs Welcome (full)
FGDaze One Shot - Fencing Masters. This is a one shot session for FG Daze and will run for 4 hours. No Fantasy Grounds or Ruleset experience is required. Pregens supplied. Headset and Mic required. Please have Fantasy Grounds and Teamspeak installed and updated prior to joining the session.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=1457

[FGDAZE] PFS-Thornkeep #1: The Accursed Halls (full)
Beneath Brokenhelm Hill and the weathered walls of Thornkeep lies an ancient maze of magic and madness. Once the workrooms and summoning chamber of a rebel Azlanti lord, these subterranean chambers were forgotten thousands of years ago after the eradication of the evil lord and his followers. Over the centuries, adventurers have found their way into these twisting passages and magnificent chambers, only to discover that the fading magic of the ancient Azlanti still lingers here.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=1453

Games for everyone!