PDA

View Full Version : 5E Effect - ADVINIT Bug?

Krogania
May 25th, 2015, 09:47
One of my characters just got his Barbarian up to 7th level, and he was super excited about getting advantage on his initiative roll and getting to go first a lot. So we added in the ADVINIT code, and sure enough when he rolled his initiative, a green dice showed that he critically succeeded on the first try. Enter the first few fights, however, and he was going last in the party, with one of the times a critical failure, with only a 0.2% chance of that happening, but hey, that's statistics. Except after the session, I went through for him and rolled initiative using the combat tracker 100 times, and got a very nice average of 9.5 (after I subtracted his bonus). Might the combat tracker initiative roller (I used the "Roll All Initiatives") fail to take into account the ADVINIT effect? When I went back into his profile, it was still rolling with advantage from there (and updating the combat tracker appropriately).

TL/DR: Rolling initiative with the combat tracker seems to ignore advantage from the ADVINIT effect.

Trenloe
May 25th, 2015, 17:57
Moved to house of healing forum.