PDA

View Full Version : PFRPG Action Library

darrenan
May 25th, 2015, 08:00
This module contains a collection of action "spells" that you can drag into PC or NPC caster sections on the actions tab. All of these already have the appropriate cast, damage, heal and/or effect actions attached to them. This collection is far from complete, and I will be adding to it over time. It currently contains some of the most common feats, items, and combat actions which are typically placed onto the actions tab for quick application while in combat. Having these available to drag onto your sheets should help speed up PC and NPC creation time.

If you find any issues, disagree with how I coded anything up, or want to request specific items to 'fast-track' into the next drop of this module, please reply to this thread and I will try to be as responsive as possible.

I will always maintain the most up-to-date version of this module linked to the first post of this thread.

Enjoy!

Change History

5/24/2015First drop. Small selection of Combat Actions, Feats, Items and Universal Monster Abilities.
5/25/2015Barbarian Actions, including Unchained variants. Completed Universal Monster Abilities.
5/28/2015Domain and Inquisition special ability actions added.
9/23/2017See Post #11
5/16/2020Split Fighting Defensively and Total Defense each into four separate 'spells' instead of one spell with four actions.
10/5/2020Added some random stuff: Favored Enemy, Sneak Attack, Holy Water, Disarm Feats, Wind Stance, Bane. Added descriptions to some items that really needed them. Fixed a few effects that were incorrect.

darrenan
May 25th, 2015, 08:01
P.S. Could I get this stickied to the main Modules List thread when you have a chance? Thanks!

Nickademus
May 25th, 2015, 15:46
This is appreciated, but I hope you know that Smite Works plans to revamp the effects system (possibly including heal/damage/cast actions) so much of this might become obsolete after the Unity engine is done.

darrenan
May 25th, 2015, 17:36
I don't think the Unity port has anything directly to do with the structure of the rulesets, which is where the effects system comes from. The Unity port has to do with the underlying FG platform, and I specifically remember hearing that they weren't going to be changing the underlying structure (XML and LUA) of rulesets/extensions/modules for backward compatibility reasons.

Can someone from SW chime in here and shed some light please? Thanks.

Trenloe
May 25th, 2015, 17:52
Added to the modules list. Thanks for putting this together.

Note: Some effects have REMOVE: added and require the player effect removal extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?21546-Player-Effect-Removal-Extension) to operate fully (which is a good thing - thanks for using in the library).

darrenan
May 25th, 2015, 18:07
Made a note of dependent extensions in the first post, thanks for pointing that out Trenloe.

Nickademus
May 25th, 2015, 18:10
I don't think the Unity port has anything directly to do with the structure of the rulesets, which is where the effects system comes from

I didn't say it did. I said after they do the Unity thing, they said one of the things they were planning to do was revamp how effects were structured. The mention of Unity was just to note that it might be a while before they get to this since they are busy working on Unity at the moment.

I don't remember where I saw it, but it caused me to stop working on my actions module. I'm surprised Trenloe didn't post some info.

Also, you might be able to sweet talk Trenloe into adding a piece of code to the Remove extension that allows for the STACK tag (the code goes in the same place and thus wouldn't be any harder to update the extension). The stack tag would make things like mirror image easier since it increments an effect each time you stack it and decrements it when you Remove it. (Thus you could add the random number of images upon casting and click a Remove button to remove an image each time you were attacked.)

Trenloe
May 27th, 2015, 22:32
Can someone from SW chime in here and shed some light please? Thanks.
JPG mentions that a restructure of the effects system is "some point down the line" but "not currently scheduled" here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?24470-Effect-Targeting-5e-4e-CoreRPG-etc&p=214209&viewfull=1#post214209

darrenan
May 29th, 2015, 07:36
Domain and Inquisition special ability actions added.

damned
May 29th, 2015, 10:34
JPG mentions that a restructure of the effects system is "some point down the line" but "not currently scheduled" here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?24470-Effect-Targeting-5e-4e-CoreRPG-etc&p=214209&viewfull=1#post214209

I would think that you would get plenty of life out an extension between now and then...

darrenan
September 24th, 2017, 02:04
Added the following:

Feats:
Awesome Blow
Deadly Aim
Diehard
Lunge
Rapid Shot
Stunning Fist

Items:
Tanglefoot Bag
Thunderstone
Bane

Universal Monster Abilities:
Blood Drain
Swallow Whole

Melioch54
November 26th, 2017, 09:09
Thanks for your job ! Any chance you will add the Paladin Smite Evil ?

darrenan
November 26th, 2017, 23:19
I'd say it's unlikely. I'm not really doing much active development on this module right now. I only added the new things in post #11 because they were common things I was running across often while preparing stuff on the GM side.

Melioch54
November 27th, 2017, 10:26
Too bad... But anyway, thanks for what you have done !

Ripskreig
February 5th, 2018, 22:42
Hi Darrenan, your library sounds terribly useful, but am unsure of how to access the content.
I've dropped it into my module folder. Should I be able to load it in the Library section, or something like that?

Trenloe
February 5th, 2018, 22:53
I've dropped it into my module folder. Should I be able to load it in the Library section, or something like that?
Activate the module in Module Activation - then it should appear in the effects window - accessed from the right sidebar, not the library.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Effects

Ripskreig
February 6th, 2018, 00:09
Activate the module in Module Activation - then it should appear in the effects window - accessed from the right sidebar, not the library.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Effects

Thankyou Trenloe - very much appreciated.

darrenan
February 6th, 2018, 00:50
Mmm no. Nothing in this module shows up in the effects window.

After you load the module you should be able to access collections of action 'spells' from the Library. These are grouped into related collections such as Class Features, Combat Actions, Universal Monster Abilities, etc. You can also open up a window containing All of the actions at once. Each action in this library is meant to be dragged into a Caster Class on the actions tab of either a PC character sheet, or an NPC sheet. Each of these spell actions comes with the appropriate cast, damage, heal, and/or effect buttons ready to be triggered, although some of them (such as Poison and Disease) may need additional specifics entered or details tweaked.

Note that I didn't get very far on the class features portion of the library. I think Barbarian, Bard, and Cleric are the only ones I completed. Although, helpfully there is pretty complete collection of all the cleric domain abilities ready to go. However, it has not kept pace with Paizo releases so you may find some class features or domains missing.

Trenloe
February 6th, 2018, 01:39
Mmm no. Nothing in this module shows up in the effects window.
Oh, sorry. I was mistaken with this module: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?18006-Effects-library&p=201247&viewfull=1#post201247

madman
February 6th, 2018, 06:42

Ripskreig
February 6th, 2018, 10:59
thanks guys.

got the gist of what you said Trenloe and found it.

very useful indeed darrenan. guy selling a similar complete 5e package on DMGuild for 30 bucks a pop - id pay for it.

madman, there's no descriptive text for the effects in the mod for 3.3.3 either, but fortunately the effects are properly annotated in the character sheet action tab when u hit the hourglass - I just checked three of them and they worked correctly, uniquely and concurrently (flank, charge, defensive fighting).

Cheers Ripskreig

DelasGoodfelllow
March 3rd, 2018, 02:45
Awesome! I've been doing that for a while and wondered if others did it as well! It'd be nice if newer FG versions would increase support of spell "actions." I use it to track all kinds of consumables, daily "spells" on items, daily abilities, etc. I usually split it to several spell "classes" - abilities (to include class and racial) and another for "items".

1ArmKing
February 20th, 2020, 15:24
Fixed my issues

darrenan
May 17th, 2020, 01:18
I just uploaded a new version of this module that splits Fighting Defensively and Total Defense each into four separate spells for the various combinations of 3+ acrobatics y/n and Crane Style y/n. Previous each entry had four different actions for those different combinations.

Ckorik
May 20th, 2020, 14:10
Thanks a ton! I use this all the time for my games - and really appreciate it!

darrenan
October 6th, 2020, 00:01
A new version has been uploaded to Post #1. See release notes for changes.

darrenan
October 6th, 2020, 00:12
One other note, you may noticed that I have started using IFTAG: here and there in some effects. This functionality relies on Kelrugem's "Save Versus Tags" extension, or one of its many variants. If you're not using one of them then effects containing this syntax will be no-ops.

Delares
September 1st, 2021, 02:10
Good afternoon. Tell me what I can do wrong. In FG Classic, everything works. And in FG Unity does not add actions, such as a powerful blow, etc.

darrenan
September 1st, 2021, 02:29
No idea. I just tried exactly what you're doing and it seemed to work just fine. I opened up an existing PF campaign with no extensions loaded, and was able to drag Powerful Blow into both a PC and an NPC, with all six actions attached. I can't imagine why extensions would make a difference as it is just vanilla drag/drop functionality, but have you tried disabling all extensions? Anything else you can think of that might be different from your FGC setup? Are you getting any errors/warnings in the console log when you do this (type /console in the chat window to double check)?

Delares
September 1st, 2021, 10:27

Disconnected all the extensions. Doesn't pull in effects and modifiers. Maybe I didn't do something in the settings? There are no errors in the console.

Ckorik
September 1st, 2021, 15:31

Disconnected all the extensions. Doesn't pull in effects and modifiers. Maybe I didn't do something in the settings? There are no errors in the console.

I'm unsure what you expect the mod to do - it's not automatic - it just has a bunch of feats and powers pre-programmed as spells that you can drag and drop into a character sheet.

DCrumb
September 1st, 2021, 15:34

As mentioned in this post: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?24443-PFRPG-Action-Library&p=375071&viewfull=1#post375071 They don't go into the effects and modifiers windows. They are to be dragged straight to characters from the Library sections (open up the All Actions to see the entire list).

darrenan
September 1st, 2021, 16:38
Oh, now that I see your screenshot, yeah the two previous posters have it right. It doesn't load anything into the effects window. Just load the module as you would any other, and then from the library window you can drag abilities from there onto a PC or NPC sheet in the actions tab. You will need to have created a spell caster class to contain these abilities, they aren't really spells but that's how FG represents them.

P.S. I'm in the middle of moving this to The Forge along with screenshots that should hopefully make this more clear. It's still pending approval, but I will post the link once it is available.

darrenan
September 2nd, 2021, 15:42
This module is now on the forge here. (https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/207/view)

XenusUk
July 2nd, 2022, 16:48
An chance of linking the github source? I'd be interested in adding more actions to cover othe classes in ACG e.g. studied target, point pools, etc?

darrenan
July 2nd, 2022, 22:55
It's in my visualstudio.com account, not github (still git under the covers). If you have an account there, PM me your username and I'll send you an invite.

That goes for anyone really. I'm not actively adding stuff to this, or plan to in the future. If there are things you want to add, I'm happy to let others do the work and I can publish the updates.