PDA

View Full Version : Ruleset Bugs

Giomancer
May 25th, 2015, 05:53
As I have begun doing some design work updating an old ruleset, I have noted a couple of bugs related to rulesets and their display on the New Campaign screen. To be certain of this, I performed an update to live as well as cleaned out my temp file cache.

First: When selecting a ruleset then clicking on the "show license" button, I am only shown the license for the 4th Edition ruleset. This occurs with any selected ruleset, including community-designed ones. For reference, I am using Windows 7 and this occurs with both IE11 and Chrome as my default browsers. All individual license.html files display normally when extracted and viewed outside of FG. Moreover, the 4th Edition license.html displays *even if* the 4E module does not exist and the cached license.html has been deleted.

Second: Along with reading the wiki, I've been hacking the CoreRPG archive and cross-checking it against the others. It appears as if it is intended for an archive to specify a 32×32px icon next to the name in the list of available rulesets *in addition to* the 70×70px icon displayed when a ruleset is selected. Is this functionality currently disabled by design?

That's about it so far, at least problem-wise. Thanks for the time & effort.

damned
May 25th, 2015, 06:59
First: it is indeed a bug - it looks like the button is just linked to the one html file...
Second: not sure what you mean... you do get a small icon displayed in descrption and a smaller version of the same next to the ruleset list entry...

Giomancer
May 25th, 2015, 07:54
Well, it appears that you can actually specify a second, *different* icon in the base.xml. The CoreRPG archive only hints at it, but the PFRPG archive not only contains a second image in the root directory, but the base.xml also specifies the file as the definition for "icon":

<announcement text="PFRPG ruleset v3.0.12 for Fantasy Grounds\rCopyright 2015 Smiteworks USA, LLC" font="emotefont" icon="rulesetlogo_PFRPG" />

<...>

<icon name="rulesetlogo_PFRPG" file="rulesetlogo_PFRPG.png" />

I did just realize that the announcement declaration doesn't appear to get parsed at all; nothing entered there appears anywhere I have seen..

And indeed, that appears to be the issue:

<announcement text="turtles" font="turtles" icon="turtles" />

It occurs to me I should change my settings to "Dev", perhaps I can get a debug console that way.

Trenloe
May 25th, 2015, 08:10
Announcement gets displayed in the chat window once the ruleset loads.

damned
May 25th, 2015, 09:02
Im not 100% positive but....

<root version="3.0" release="12" logo="arion_ruleset_token.png">
<!-- Attributes -->
<description>
<text>Maelstrom Domesday</text>
<author>Arion Games</author>
<website>https://www.arion-games.com</website>
</description>

Supplies the info for the Description and the Icon in both the ruleset list and in the description.
The PAK file name, or the parent directory of an unpacked ruleset, supplies the Ruleset name for the ruleset list.

Giomancer
May 25th, 2015, 10:06

Ahh, that makes sense. I don't think PFRPG displays the icon though?

damned
May 25th, 2015, 10:35
Ahh, that makes sense. I don't think PFRPG displays the icon though?

thats right... i dont think it does work. its going to take a long time to update that ruleset if you want to discuss every line though... :)

damned
May 25th, 2015, 10:37
thats right... i dont think it does work. its going to take a long time to update that ruleset if you want to discuss every line though... :)

actually it does work. you dont include a filename you include a string name.

<announcement text="PFRPG ruleset v3.0.12 for Fantasy Grounds\rCopyright 2015 Smiteworks USA, LLC" font="emotefont" icon="arion_ruleset_token" />

Giomancer
May 25th, 2015, 14:26

Just confirmed it does indeed get displayed there along with the icon. So that's good to know. I feel a tad silly for not connecting the two previously.