PDA

View Full Version : How do I set up a Duration til End of Next Round

arksorn
May 23rd, 2015, 14:33
A monk stunning attack lasts "until the end of" the monks next turn. What is the best way to set this up. I am applying a duration to the effect but it seems to end at the start of the monks next turn.

Trenloe
May 23rd, 2015, 15:20
Change the initiative number for the effect - this is when the effect duration will decrease by one. So set the initiative number for the effect to be one less than the current initiative of the monk. You may need to set the duration for 2 rounds as it would immediately decrement after the monks first turn.

arksorn
May 23rd, 2015, 15:31
How do I change the initiative number for the effect?

Griogre
May 23rd, 2015, 19:58
The GM can do so by typing a different number in the combat tracker. Currently the 5E ruleset doesn't have a duration of end after next (though the 4E ruleset does).

Andraax
May 23rd, 2015, 20:06
Try changing the initiative number to 0 - I believe that means "end of turn". Then duration of 2 would work for this case.

arksorn
May 23rd, 2015, 21:06
How do I separate the affect from the caster?
The GM can do so by typing a different number in the combat tracker. Currently the 5E ruleset doesn't have a duration of end after next (though the 4E ruleset does).

Larac
May 24th, 2015, 01:29
Not being in 5e seems an over sight.

arksorn
May 24th, 2015, 02:43
Not being in 5e seems an over sight.
Yes, there are quite a few effects that end at the end of the caster's next turn. Where do we make feature requests?

Griogre
May 24th, 2015, 19:36
Try changing the initiative number to 0 - I believe that means "end of turn". Then duration of 2 would work for this case.

That would do it for end of *round*. For end of next *turn* it would be better done - assuming no shared initiatives - by changing the initiative to Monk's initiative + .5, ie if the monk goes on 13 then change the duration on the stun to end 13.5. If you do have shared initiatives then just move the one before the monk to 12 and the ones after the monk to 14.

Andraax
May 24th, 2015, 19:57
That would do it for end of *round*.

/me squints eye at title of thread..

Griogre
May 25th, 2015, 10:17
:) True, but the question was about a monks ability that ends after his next turn. Either way, we got it covered.