PDA

View Full Version : Help with menacing attack

giveup
May 21st, 2015, 01:26
Ok, so making the switch from roll20 to FG and I think we will happier for it in the end. Just have to get through the whole learning phase again.

I've dragged it from the PHB and got the save and such correct. My problem is with the removal of the frightened condition. How do I get it drop off on the fighters next turn? All I can make it do is drop on the baddies next turn, which could happen as the next actor.

Also, trying to figure out hunters mark and hex. Thanks to xorn's video bless and sneak attack were easy. I see there is a condition extension that adds a IF/IFT check, but I'm unsure how to use those.

Thank

Moon Wizard
May 21st, 2015, 02:40
If the PC applies it from their character sheet from the Actions tab. Then, the effect will use the PC initiative. (assuming they are in the combat tracker too)

Set up a new ability group on the Actions tab called Maneuvers, with a new power called Menacing Attack. You can add then add rolls via right click menu for pushing saves and setting Frightened effect for 1 turn.

When in doubt, try clicking on the magnifying glasses and edit buttons (brown slash). If you have trouble setting up, I'll create a step-by-step.

Cheers,
JPG

giveup
May 21st, 2015, 16:07
Thank you. Had everything right except initiative. Hadn't rolled for the PCs. Once a score was in it started working.

Any advise on precise attack? (Which, btw, is merged with parry in the PHB deluxe) I've got it setup similar to bless at the moment. I'm thinking that is about the only way to automate it.

Zeus
May 21st, 2015, 19:39
Any advise on precise attack? (Which, btw, is merged with parry in the PHB deluxe) I've got it setup similar to bless at the moment. I'm thinking that is about the only way to automate it.

I've updated the PHB Deluxe and Fighter Pack modules correcting the merged maneuvers, its queued up for the next update. For superiority dice, you can have your player roll the superiority die ahead of the attack and add the result to the modifier panel (lower left), then when the player makes his attack roll the modifier (superiority dice result) will be applied to the attack result.

giveup
May 21st, 2015, 20:03
AHHHH.

Good trick. Thanks for that. Also didn't realize you can drag and drop results out of the chat.

Still sort of hits the same issue, it's tough to automate those roll/decide before you know the results type of actions. If the fighter attacks, with targeting or dropping on the CT/Token, he knows if it is a hit/miss and then by RAW it's to late to use the 1d8. Right now I have it set as an effect he can apply on himself that expends on his next roll and we just agree to only count it if the d20 is in the 3-13 range.

I'm loving FG so far, just tough to get use to all the features. The tutorials help, but there really needs to be a huge tips/tricks master list. (there probably is and I just haven't found it yeah)

Thanks again!