PDA

View Full Version : Auto hide npc tokens?

FSHSchmo
May 20th, 2015, 04:09
Does FG have some kind of option to auto hide tokens when they are dropped to the map? If I drag tokens from the encounter tab to the map the PCs can see them until I add them to the combat tracker then they go hidden. What I have been doing is adding them to the map after adding them to the combat tracker but then I find myself having to make sure I grab each one.

Trenloe
May 20th, 2015, 04:15
Dragging from the encounter to the map is to preset the position of the NPCs during your prep. You shouldn't drag tokens to the map from the encounter when you want to run the encounter as this won't give you the links to the combat tracker records. If you use pre-placement of tokens (the tokens have a check/tick on them in the encounter), when you press the arrow button to add the encounter to the combat tracker it will also add the tokens to the pre-placement locations on the map and create the correct links to the combat tracker. This video covers the process: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tx7CtPsdNbA

The tokens are initially placed so that the players can't see them. You can make them all visible at once by pressing the "eye" icon at the top of the combat tracker, or you can make individual tokens visible by pressing the "eye" icon at the left side of the individual entry on the combat tracker.

FSHSchmo
May 20th, 2015, 04:19
Dragging from the encounter to the map is to preset the position of the NPCs during your prep. You shouldn't drag tokens to the map from the encounter when you want to run the encounter as this won't give you the links to the combat tracker records. If you use pre-placement of tokens (the tokens have a check/tick on them in the encounter), when you press the arrow button to add the encounter to the combat tracker it will also add the tokens to the pre-placement locations on the map and create the correct links to the combat tracker. This video covers the process: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tx7CtPsdNbA

The tokens are initially placed so that the players can't see them. You can make them all visible at once by pressing the "eye" icon at the top of the combat tracker, or you can make individual tokens visible by pressing the "eye" icon at the left side of the individual entry on the combat tracker.

Thanks! Ill check that video out. Thats what I love about FG, always learning new stuff!

damned
May 20th, 2015, 14:26
Encounters and Map Pins - my favourite 2 features of FG.