PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 rule sets

DarkRook
May 18th, 2015, 02:45
where can i find rule sets for the more advanced classes in 3.5. I know everyone wants to switch over to 5 but i still think 3.5 rules :P

Trenloe
May 18th, 2015, 04:08
The 3.5E ruleset allows you to play 3.5E, there are no restrictions. You manually enter the reference data you need to play any class from 3.5E into your 3.5E ruleset character sheet.

Fantasy Grounds isn't a character generator (you'll see this mentioned many times on these forums). So, enter your 3.5E character into the FG 3.5E ruleset character sheet as you've designed/generated them outside of Fantasy Grounds.

The commercial 5E data modules are a change to this philosophy where drag/drop population of data from commercial libraries (or manually created libraries) allow *most* of character data population to be done using the library data. But, even in the 5E ruleset, there is no check/validation of a generated character.

So, create your 3.5E character outside of FG however you want - then manually enter the character into the 3.5E FG character sheet and GAME ON! Note: if you use PCGen or HeroLab to generate your character you can use the FG character converter to import your PC into Fantasy Grounds.