PDA

View Full Version : Negative Value for Weight Carried

danielhalond
May 17th, 2015, 02:39
Hi!

I need to set a Negative Value for an entry in the inventory tab of the character sheet, cause that will be a Gravity effect (since we're playing in space). I tried to create the entry and set it with a minus sign before the number but it doesn't work. I couldn't find the answer so I'm asking for help here. If what I'm asking is not possible, I could try to add another numberfield in the inventory tab to specify a gravity value, but I don't know how I could tell FG to take this new value I created and subtract from char_label_totalweight value and print it. Anyways if anyone knows another way to work this problem around that would be awesome too! :)

sorry about the scrappy english again

Thanks for your help, guys (:

Trenloe
May 17th, 2015, 03:14
The template number_charinv used by the weight field has a minimum value set to 0. Comment out/remove the <min>0</min> property for <template name="number_charinv"> in campaign\template_char.xml in the CoreRPG ruleset.

The only other field to use this template is the number of a particular item in the inventory - so commenting out the min value will result in there being a possibility of carrying a negative number of a particular item. But I don't think that will be much of an issue to you?

danielhalond
May 17th, 2015, 03:31
Thanks for the quick answer, Trenloe!

Yup that solved! Thanks very much for you help! :D