PDA

View Full Version : Problems with parse 5e

evilmouse
May 16th, 2015, 20:13
I parse spell according got ok but it wont create a xml file on spells
Info : engine build .................................................. ..................... [v0.0.9-b56]

Make : spells windowlists .................................................. ................ [Completed]
no luck get xml file of it. I check all codes this on spells im frustrated

Larac
May 16th, 2015, 22:24
EvilMouse,
Cool name by the way.

Double check your Dir setup, where the Input and output is set to go.
When I set up a 2nd module I messed mine up and caused an issue that looked a bit like this.
Though the first one got it correct.

Might be worth a look.

Xorn's Video on the setup is good, had to pause a few times but it helped me.
Sticky link Par5e Tutorials has the links.
Hard to do on phone.

Good Luck,
If that is not it look for special chars in the txt they cause issues sometimes.

Xorn
May 17th, 2015, 00:40
Search for ##; throughout the TXT file and check each one--I'll bet one of them has an issue. (Though for spells you should only have #@; at the beginning and ##; before the spell descriptions--not with each spell.

evilmouse
May 17th, 2015, 22:55
Search for ##; throughout the TXT file and check each one--I'll bet one of them has an issue. (Though for spells you should only have #@; at the beginning and ##; before the spell descriptions--not with each spell.

Parse - spell .................................................. ...................... [True Strike - OK]
Parse - spell .................................................. .......................... [Tsunami - OK]
Parse - spell .................................................. ................... [Unseen Servant - OK]
Parse - spell .................................................. ................... [Vampiric Touch - OK]
Parse - spell .................................................. .................. [Vicious Mockery - OK]
Parse - spell .................................................. ..................... [Wall of Fire - OK]
Parse - spell .................................................. .................... [Wall of Force - OK]
Parse - spell .................................................. ...................... [Wall of Ice - OK]
Parse - spell .................................................. .................... [Wall of Stone - OK]
Parse - spell .................................................. ................... [Wall of Thorns - OK]
Parse - spell .................................................. ..................... [Warding Bond - OK]
Parse - spell .................................................. .................. [Water Breathing - OK]
Parse - spell .................................................. ....................... [Water Walk - OK]
Parse - spell .................................................. .............................. [Web - OK]
Parse - spell .................................................. ............................ [Weird - OK]
Parse - spell .................................................. ........................ [Wind Walk - OK]
Parse - spell .................................................. ........................ [Wind Wall - OK]
Parse - spell .................................................. ............................. [Wish - OK]
Parse - spell .................................................. ....................... [Witch Bolt - OK]
Parse - spell .................................................. ................... [Word of Recall - OK]
Parse - spell .................................................. ................... [Wrathful Smite - OK]
Parse - spell .................................................. .................... [Zone of Truth - OK]
Parse : spells .................................................. ............................ [Completed]
Make : spells windowlists .................................................. ................ [Completed]
Parse : tables .................................................. ............................ [Completed]
Make : tables windowlists .................................................. ................ [Completed]
Make : tables (campaign) .................................................. ................. [Completed]
Make : tables (reference) .................................................. ................ [Completed]
Make : backgrounds (reference) .................................................. ........... [Completed]

evilmouse
May 17th, 2015, 22:57
every spell is ok

Trenloe
May 17th, 2015, 23:47
Start with just one spell and try parsing that. If it works, add another and parse. Keep going, adding one more spell at a time, until you find which spell is causing your XML to not be created.

Xorn
May 19th, 2015, 22:10
While that's a good tactic--might I recommend splitting it in half--then you know which half is the problem. then split that in half, and that in half, etc. :) Pretty soon you'll have it narrowed down to a handful of spells.

Griogre
May 19th, 2015, 22:29
I do it like Xorn, too. Split half and keep halfing. The problem with this is to remember you might have multiple errors. If you think there may be a lot of errors then Trenloes approach is better.

Zeus
May 19th, 2015, 23:03
If PAR5E is reporting:

Then it has completed the parsing of spells and is stumbling on the creation of the next data items list data i.e. for 5E after spells comes story, tables and then tokens. Are any of these enabled for the parse?

Larac
May 20th, 2015, 02:02
What is after backgrounds, looks good until that.

Zeus
May 20th, 2015, 13:42
What is after backgrounds, looks good until that.

Take a look at the order of the data items on the Config tab, PAR5E honors the order of the data items as listed. For the 5E ruleset, after Backgrounds comes Classes.