PDA

View Full Version : Modifiers, effcts and tables 4.0 -> 4.1 bug?

Fysh
May 16th, 2015, 09:48
I created a new SW 4.0 campaign a couple of days ago and I had fully populated modifiers, effects and tables. However now when I go into the campaign these resources are empty. I did upgrade to the test 4.1 version and I wonder if this caused the problem? Creating a new 4.0 or 4.1 campaign still produces empty resources. Please tell me how I can get my modifiers, effects and tables repopulated!

Trenloe
May 16th, 2015, 23:15
If the upgrade was the problem, try rolling back to the "live" version and opening the original campaign.

Did you have any extensions enabled when you originally created the data in the 4.0 live campaign?

Fysh
May 17th, 2015, 09:06
I already went back to the live version, but it doesn't help. Nor does creating new campaigns in either the live or test versions. There is probably some file I can delete to force a reload from the update server, but I don't know which.

I also realise that I do still have the tables (but not the effects or modifiers), just that I have to actively click one of the module stamps before I can see them.

I had no extensions at the time, but I do now have 50 Fathoms. If I create a new campaign with or without this module it makes no difference; stil no effects or modifiers...

Trenloe
May 17th, 2015, 15:48
Effects and modifiers are stored in your campaign on your local PC. None of this is stored in the cloud (FG doesn't store any of your data anywhere other than on your computer). Also, creating a new campaign won't help as this data is stored on a per campaign basis. so, the effects and modifiers you created will only be available in the campaign where you created them.

Fysh
May 17th, 2015, 16:33
Ah, the strange thing is I never actually created any modifiers or effects. I just created a blank Savage Worlds 4.0 campaign with no extension, and my modifier and effects windows were already populated.

The effects window contained many spells and abilities like Wild Attack. There were probably around 30-40 effects. The modifiers window also had many 20-30 modifiers...

For about a year I have been playing in Ikaels Savaged Cyradon campaign - do you think the effects and modifiers might have come from there? How did they get into my brand-new empty campaign, and why would they suddenly disappear?

Trenloe
May 17th, 2015, 16:43
Sounds like you have a module containing all of this information.

Open the effects and modifiers windows, then have a look through the modules in the library (go to Library -> Modules) and activate likely looking modules - if there are any effects or modifiers in the module you'll see them "appear" when you activate the module in question.

Fysh
May 17th, 2015, 17:13
I only have 6 modules: SW Deluxe GM/Players, 50 Fathoms GM/Players, Calendar and FG Battle Maps. None seem to populate the effects/modifiers window, but now I know how it works, it doesn't really matter. It looked quite useful having them ready populated, but at least now I can just put in the ones I find useful.

Thanks for your help!

Ikael
May 17th, 2015, 18:15
I only have 6 modules: SW Deluxe GM/Players, 50 Fathoms GM/Players, Calendar and FG Battle Maps. None seem to populate the effects/modifiers window, but now I know how it works, it doesn't really matter. It looked quite useful having them ready populated, but at least now I can just put in the ones I find useful.

Thanks for your help!

SW Deluxe Player Guide module contains these pre-populated effects and modifiers. You will need to active/open that module to see them in effect/module lists. However note that these are displayed in own group-tab within the list (see the bottom of the list). I can check tomorrow if the module does not contain these information anymore, but it should.

kavaliro
October 6th, 2015, 09:41
For certain, ETU's tables are broken. I pointed my Data Directory to a fresh directory and let it download all the content fresh, created an ETU campaign with the ETU extensions and modules loaded. All the ETU tables are broken as published in the store.

Ikael
October 6th, 2015, 12:22
For certain, ETU's tables are broken. I pointed my Data Directory to a fresh directory and let it download all the content fresh, created an ETU campaign with the ETU extensions and modules loaded. All the ETU tables are broken as published in the store.

For reason or another I am also getting bad ETU modules where tables are not defined correctly. They are static html-tables and thus are not compatible with tables-feature. I found these tables within Dean's List module. This must be old content, because I recall talking to ETU devs about this back in the PRE SW 4.0 date. If this was not discussed back then: Dean List module's <tables> content should be moved somewhere else from the direct <root> context. In SW core modules we moved static html tables wihtin reference and fixed links manually. This said, the module does not contain rollable tables and they must be defined separately. Hope to see note from ETU devs.

Mask_of_winter
October 6th, 2015, 13:32
Rollable tables aren't supported. HTML tables should work. Make sure both extensions for it are enabled. Both the theme and library adapter. I'll work on an update with my partner in crime to get an update where the rollable tables are removed to avoid confusion.

ianmward
October 6th, 2015, 22:34
For reason or another I am also getting bad ETU modules where tables are not defined correctly. They are static html-tables and thus are not compatible with tables-feature. I found these tables within Dean's List module. This must be old content, because I recall talking to ETU devs about this back in the PRE SW 4.0 date. If this was not discussed back then: Dean List module's <tables> content should be moved somewhere else from the direct <root> context. In SW core modules we moved static html tables wihtin reference and fixed links manually. This said, the module does not contain rollable tables and they must be defined separately. Hope to see note from ETU devs.

I remember this being fixed at the time, too. I'll take a look what's going on and get a fix sorted out.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

ianmward
October 8th, 2015, 23:15
i checked and the tables are already in the reference section and not the root context, so I'm not sure if something has changed in CoreRPG.

I have changed the tables tag to htmltables and updated all references. That has fixed it, so I have pushed a new version to Doug for distribution.

kavaliro
October 9th, 2015, 04:05
i checked and the tables are already in the reference section and not the root context, so I'm not sure if something has changed in CoreRPG.

I have changed the tables tag to htmltables and updated all references. That has fixed it, so I have pushed a new version to Doug for distribution.

I loaded up FG today and got an update. It was to etudl.mod.

The consequence of this update for me was that all of the rollable tables that I had edited in my campaign that were tied to the Dean's list were borked.

To fix this, I loaded up the previous version of etudl.mod (always make backups before updating!) and copied each table by dragging and dropping. This makes a copy of the table in the campaign's db.xml (as opposed to [campaignfolder]/moduledb/ETU Dean's List.xml.) Then I put the new version of etudl.mod back in place and loaded up the campaign. Now all the tables are present again.

Hope that helps someone who otherwise might be freaking out.

Bonus: So you don't want to recreate all these tables every campaign, right? Not a problem. type /export in the chat window once you've got them dialed in. This gets you the Module Export wizard.

as an example:
File name: ETU Rollable Tables
Thumbnail: (the path to an ETU thumbnail.png)
Name: ETU Rollable Tables
Category: Setting
Author: (your name)
Merge ID (leave blank)

Under Exported Data, check the Tables item.

Then click export.

This creates a module in your modules folder that contains all your tables. You can load this new module the same way you load other modules in your library.

Edit: I should add that I'm using Ikael's SW Enhanced Library extension and the adapter for East Texas Unversity. The SW Enhanced Library, if I'm not mistaken, adds the above-mentioned wizard.

kavaliro
October 9th, 2015, 05:21
While I have your attention,

ETU Dean's List Quicklinks: The Where? table link is instead pointed at the Why? table.

The Where? table in the Adventure Generator section of the Dean's List is labeled "Where?" but has the "Why?" table's info.

High Strangeness - Clubs: Jack result missing first letter "E".