PDA

View Full Version : Extension help

ransolot
May 16th, 2015, 01:28
Hey all. So I just bought Lost Mine of Phandelver and MM for 5e and the themes arent working for me when I select them at launch. I looked in my extension folder and I don't even see them in there. Any idea why this is?

Trenloe
May 16th, 2015, 02:51
Hey all. So I just bought Lost Mine of Phandelver and MM for 5e and the themes arent working for me when I select them at launch. I looked in my extension folder and I don't even see them in there. Any idea why this is?
The 5E content is not in the usual place - it's in an encrypted file called content.dat in your main FG data folder. You can't access the modules/extensions outside of FG like you can other ruleset modules/extensions. This is a requirement as part of the agreement with WotC.

Which theme are you activating at launch? If it is one of the "Desktop Decal" extensions, these add a decal to the campaign options - you select the desktop decal you want from the campaign options -> Game (GM) -> Desktop: Decal image cycler.

The only extension that is a full blown theme is the "5E Theme - Wizards" extension, that should work like a normal theme extension. And you can still cycle through your decal options with this theme.

ransolot
May 16th, 2015, 06:27
Ahh yep, that did it. Thanks again Trenloe!

ransolot
May 16th, 2015, 21:20
So let me ask this- What about the Savage Worlds Fantasy Companion extension? I have that one enabled and it's the same layout. I don't see it in the settings anywhere

Trenloe
May 16th, 2015, 21:24
So let me ask this- What about the Savage Worlds Fantasy Companion extension? I have that one enabled and it's the same layout. I don't see it in the settings anywhere
I don't believe that uses the decal functionality. Make sure you only have one full theme enabled at a time.

The decal functionality, if available, only changes the image in the centre of the screen. You can have multiple decal only extensions enabled (as the ruleset allows the use of only one decal through the settings), but only one theme extension.

ransolot
May 16th, 2015, 23:06
I only have the Fantasy Companion extension enabled when i open Savage Worlds and I see no difference. What's the point of that extension then?

Trenloe
May 16th, 2015, 23:09
I only have the Fantasy Companion extension enabled when i open Savage Worlds and I see no difference. What's the point of that extension then?
Not all extensions are themes (in fact, most aren't), so I'm guessing that this will be an extension to add rules/automation from the Fantasy Companion. I suggest you ask this specific question in the Savage Worlds forums.

dulux-oz
May 17th, 2015, 03:38
Following up what Trenloe has said: most Extensions add to or modify the underlying rules/automations, and most Extensions have a page on these forums which gives details on what an Extension does. Some Extensions also have a Wiki page providing the same information.

As an example, you could check out my Locations Database Extension or my Weather Extension: both available from the Wiki (here, to be exact: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Extensions), or some of Trenloe's excellent Extensions as well.

Hope that helps

Cheers

ransolot
May 17th, 2015, 03:44
Awesome! Thanks both of you!