PDA

View Full Version : PFS #6-06 Hall of the Flesh Eaters, session time TBD (22nd-25th or 29th May)

cmdisc
May 15th, 2015, 07:29
A Pathfinder Society Scenario designed for levels 1-5.

Shrouded in thick fog, the shifting Gloomspires north of the Shackles have long frustrated explorers. However, a recent discovery by the Pathfinder Society has revealed a brief opportunity to navigate the columns safely and search for the lost treasure of the legendary pirate Sevenfingers. The only problem is that the Pathfinders are not the only visitors to the Gloomspires.

Written by Tom Phillips.

As mentioned, I'm looking at the weekend of the 22nd-25th or the 29th. Start times can range from 12pm to 8pm GMT depending on the day.

First sign ups here take priority over the calendar: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1427

Blackfoot
May 15th, 2015, 07:33
I'm definitely interested... I'll have to get back to you regarding date and times that are good for me (after I check with the girlfriend).

kwarner1986
May 15th, 2015, 07:33
"Good Luck."

Victor
May 15th, 2015, 08:56
I'm there.
Saturday the 23rd is the only day that I can not make it.

GM BK
May 15th, 2015, 11:08
I would be interested as well, but as with Victor, the 23rd is out for me.

Edit: I know I signed up with Dregga, Druid/5... but I also have a Tengu Hunter/1 and a Human Cleric of Saranrae/2 that I could play as well.

HoloGnome
May 15th, 2015, 18:23
I will play.

cmdisc
May 15th, 2015, 22:22
Ok, so the 23rd is out for a lot of folks and I didn't suggest the 30th due to Farnaby's game running around then.

4 potentials and I'm holding a slot in reserve for d1wright since I know he's missed out on this one once already.

Either sub-tier works, although I'm of the mind that lower is harder.

HoloGnome
May 15th, 2015, 23:42
Either subtier is OK, but would prefer the upper, I think.

Blackfoot
May 16th, 2015, 04:24
OK.. so I spoke with the 'powers that be' about this one...
I'm good on:
Friday the 22nd (Good Option) from 12-9pm GMT .. but need to be done by 9pm GMT
Monday the 25th (Option Most Likely to get me into Trouble) from 7pm-1am GMT
Friday the 29th (Good Option) anytime really... as long as I'm done by 9pm Eastern Time (which is really late for you)

cmdisc
May 16th, 2015, 05:09
The 29th appears to be shaping up for a few people.

Blackfoot, you didn't mention the 24th. I'm assuming that's just plain out for you then?

I've entered a few days on the calendar. The current time suggestions mornings for those on the Pacific side of things and will give us plenty of time for Blackfoot to be done and gone. I can go a few hours earlier or a little later if required. We can adjust as needed.

Blackfoot
May 16th, 2015, 05:10
The 23rd and 24th are just plain out for me.

Blackfoot
May 16th, 2015, 06:35
It doesn't seem like there's any particular Faction stuff involved in this one ... (something of a relief because then we can play whoever we want) ...
My only option in the 4-5 Tier is Stick the Level 5.2 Inquisitor of Andoletta.
(The Shackles is renowned for Piracy and Slavery... I'm sure Stick wouldn't mind being involved)
I COULD play either Daydrocandri the Level 3.0 Gnome Oracle of Life or Spirit Walker the Level 3 Gnome Spirit-Totem Barbarian..
They would both be out-of-tier either way...
For the 1-2 Tier I have lots of options.

KevenSimmons
May 16th, 2015, 13:23
Now that you seem to have narrowed down to the 29th, please add me to the roster. Paladin 3
None of the other days worked for me and I didn't want my availability to limit the options for other folks.

Blackfoot
May 16th, 2015, 16:11
Oof. All those dates and times listed and none that work for everyone.

cmdisc
May 16th, 2015, 16:17
Now that you seem to have narrowed down to the 29th, please add me to the roster. Paladin 3
None of the other days worked for me and I didn't want my availability to limit the options for other folks.

I have you accepted.

Only the first 3 dates offered were my suggestions. Not sure who added the others but I deleted one or two of them that didn't work for me at all.

GM BK
May 16th, 2015, 16:31
My apologies for my limited availability on this. Unfortunately, the earliest I can start on a Friday is 6:00pm EST due to work. I also had to switch to "No" for Monday as well. I didn't realize it was set for 2:00am.

This leaves me with only one workable time slot. If this means I'm out, no worries :) I understand completely :)

cmdisc
May 16th, 2015, 16:32
I've got 5 of you on the discussion here with one possibly not being able to make the 29th and 2 on the calendar that I'm waiting to hear from. Worst case, you're a party of 4 for the upper sub-tier. Best case, we get another 1 or 2 to tag along.

Edit: BK posted while I was typing this. Yeah, sorry BK, that time is getting too late for me here. No need to apologize though. It is what it is. I could aim for 4pm, but that would be about as late as I could go. If there was any way to cut out of work an hour or two early we could try to squeeze you in. But I've done over-night sessions outside of CONs and they just wreck me the following day, so I can't start too late on my end.

Blackfoot
May 16th, 2015, 16:42
How would 2pm Eastern on Monday work for everyone? (I had added the 2am slot by mistake.. oops)

If the others would tick in on the calendar it would probably help resolve this.

GM BK
May 16th, 2015, 16:48
It's all good :) I went ahead and signed up for the Monday, 2:00pm slot... if it works out, cool... if not, no worries :)

cmdisc
May 16th, 2015, 18:05
Ok, I killed all the dates on the calendar but the 25th or 29th. Looks like it will boil down to one of those. If it ends up being a draw, I will pick between them.

Victor
May 16th, 2015, 23:35
How would 2pm Eastern on Monday work for everyone? (I had added the 2am slot by mistake.. oops)

You know, I thought that must have been a mistake by both you and BK, a 2am Monday morning start time seemed odd for you people with jobs. ;)
I voted on the 11a/2p/6p start time for the 25th.

cmdisc
May 17th, 2015, 18:26
Ok, based on the calendar, we're going to be out either BK or HoloGnome regardless of which day we pick. I'm still waiting to hear back from a few people. Going to give them a few more days to respond.

GM BK
May 17th, 2015, 21:49
Sounds good :)

HoloGnome
May 18th, 2015, 16:09
What about doing it the following weekend on Sunday 6/7?

cmdisc
May 18th, 2015, 16:21
Ok, I heard back from d1wright and pierce and it looks like the 29th is the day at 6pm GMT we're going to do this.

Sorry BK, this means you won't be able to make this one unless your schedule's able to change. I plan on running We Be Goblins Too! as my rerun some Saturday in June. It involves messing around with one of four 3rd level goblin pregens that you can apply to a 2nd-4th level character as credit. You're welcome to first dibs on a spot at that table if the day/time works for you.

Right now we have:

KevinSimmons
Blackfoot
Victor
HoloGnome
d1wright

There's room for 1 more.

cmdisc
May 18th, 2015, 16:22
What about doing it the following weekend on Sunday 6/7?

I'm not available that weekend. Sry.

GM BK
May 19th, 2015, 00:08
Thanks for trying! And ya, i may hit you up for that We Be Goblins Too! I've always wanted to play one of those, but never got the chance.

Good luck, everyone! :)

Blackfoot
May 19th, 2015, 00:47
I could actually bring Grum, my Rogue (Thug) (Level 4.1), for the higher tier game if we need someone more roguish.

KevenSimmons
May 20th, 2015, 00:16
As it turns out, I signed up for a game this coming Saturday that will level Chagrek to Paladin 4 prior to the game on the 29th (assuming he completes the scenario and survives)

cmdisc
May 20th, 2015, 06:10
An extra smite evil and more Hpts I'm sure can always come in handy.

d1wright
May 20th, 2015, 14:19
I'll bring in my 3rd level cleric and hope not to drag the APL down. She's primarily there for support.

cmdisc
May 20th, 2015, 23:33
Character ideas being floated so far:

Rogue 4 or Inquisitor 5
Paladin 4
Cleric 3
Ranger 3 or Sorcerer 5

We're looking at the 4-5 subtier. If HG brings a 4th or 5th, then the session runs as printed. If he brings anything 3rd or lower and we still run the 4-5 but with the "four-character adjustment" if I'm doing the math right at this late hour.

HoloGnome
May 21st, 2015, 00:59
Axxis - Wizard/3, Druid/2 & Blood (Companion)

cmdisc
May 21st, 2015, 07:11
Amended Group:

Cleric 3 (buff/heal)
Paladin 4 (tank)
Wizard 3 / Druid 2 (with pet dps)
Inquisitor 5 or Rogue 4
Sorcerer 5 or Ranger 3
Empty Slot

APL is 4.

Post XMLs and Chronicles as you have them. I know some of you have games between now and then, so no rush atm.

Blackfoot
May 21st, 2015, 07:20
Hmm. Seems like my Rogue will be a bigger help to this group than my Inquisitor.
I will bring:
Name: Grum
Level: 4
Class: Rogue (Thug)
PFS #39241-6
Faction: Grand Lodge
Chronicle #8
Starting XP: 10
Starting Fame/PP: 16/16
Starting Gold: 1646 gp
Inventory Tracking Sheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YAzYLnJ8oiq3SCy1Bz8UkOC1WpyXQa-R3cE9Cvhh98k/edit?usp=sharing)

I will upload his Character file a bit later.

Lord Kavos
May 21st, 2015, 12:23
If all of you are able to play the earlier time, and there is still a spot open, i would like to bring Ember, my Dawnflower Dervish Swashbuckler...

cmdisc
May 21st, 2015, 16:00
Would love to have you aboard, LK. Since everyone else is good for any of those times on the calendar, we can do 5pm GMT if that is best for you.

Blackfoot
May 21st, 2015, 16:52
Lord Kavos, you are going to want that portrait as a square or it's gonna get tweaked in FG.

HoloGnome
May 21st, 2015, 18:49
LK - Here are the higher res. portraits & tokens I have made for you in previous adventures. For best image quality with tokens on maps, do not use low res images and put the tokens in the tokens directory (rather than dragging them from the portrait (which causes fantasy grounds to create a poorly-scaled copy as the token).

HoloGnome
May 21st, 2015, 18:50
If you want the original full body portrait/token, here they are:

cmdisc
May 21st, 2015, 18:53
BF, HG, & Company

Offering customized high res, good quality portraits and tokens on demand. You find the picture you want; good quality, poor quality, sharp, blurred, or in between and they will clean it up, touch it up, and load it up for you all for a low, low price. Order yours today!

HoloGnome
May 21st, 2015, 18:55
cmdisc - alternately, I could bring Drakon if he is still Level 5 by the time the game starts (he is 1 away from 6th at the moment) - Bloodrager/2, Druid/3...but still leaning towards Axxis.

cmdisc
May 24th, 2015, 06:57
cmdisc - alternately, I could bring Drakon if he is still Level 5 by the time the game starts (he is 1 away from 6th at the moment) - Bloodrager/2, Druid/3...but still leaning towards Axxis.

Either of those can work. :)

Victor
May 26th, 2015, 07:56
Both my guys just leveled and I need to update them and pick which one to use.
I am having some issues with the Ranger and picking his Animal Companion.
I made the assumption there must be more to choose from than appear in the CRB, but I have not been able, using paizo's helpful page, https://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/monsters/animalCompanions.html to determine if any others are available. The page seems to say they are, and yet it does not list some of the ones in the CRB, such as wolf, pony. snake.

I'll probably figure this out by gametime, and I can always bring Daget the Sorcerer if I don't.

cmdisc
May 26th, 2015, 09:54
This list here, https://www.archivesofnethys.com/DruidCompanions.aspx, appears to be pretty extensive. It does a good job of noting which animals are PFS legal and which aren't. You might want to cross-reference any specific choices with the Additional Resources page (https://paizo.com/pathfinderSociety/about/additionalResources) though just to make sure.

Blackfoot
May 26th, 2015, 10:53
The Druid and Ranger lists aren't the same though.. right?

Victor
May 26th, 2015, 11:40
Nope, I posted on Paizo too and pretty much got the answer that it's just the small list in the CRB unless you take the Beastmaster archetype or do other things that focus on the Companion. I doubt I want to do that so it's no big deal, I'll just grab what's handy. Thanks for the help.

cmdisc
May 27th, 2015, 07:28
We are confirmed for May 29th at 5pm GMT. 6 players. No alternates that I'm tracking at this time.

I'm having continued problems of significant packet loss with ts.fg-con.com that makes incoming chatter harder to understand and impossible once crosstalk happens (yesterday I was at 35% loss and today I'm bouncing between 7-10% atm) so I would like to use the European server as it will still be up for a few more weeks according to the owner: voice.fg-con.com. I recommend folks testing it out beforehand to make sure that one works ok for you.

Off the top of my head I recall receiving 1 xml and 2 chronicles so far. I'll comb back through this thread to double-check. If you haven't gotten me your info yet, please do so asap.

Also do we have anyone who;

A) needs the session to end by a certain time?

or

B) needs their Chronicle back right away?

Blackfoot
May 27th, 2015, 11:47
Added Character File to post #35 (along with all my other stuff)

... oh and I need neither of those things.

KevenSimmons
May 27th, 2015, 22:42
I'm still waiting for Chagrek's chronicle from the game this past weekend. I'll post as soon as I get it. FG xml included here.
I have no hard-stop time for the game, and no urgent need for the chronicle.

Victor
May 28th, 2015, 02:42
Here is Daget the Sorcerer
I am good on time and no rush on the Chronicle

cmdisc
May 28th, 2015, 06:10
@ Kevin I happened to be on the Emerald Spire thread when Xazil posted your Chronicle, so I just lifted it from there.

So far I have Ember, Grum, Daget, and Chagrek all set. Still waiting on Grace and whoever HG wants to bring along.

Victor
May 28th, 2015, 09:10
I updated Daget just a bit and made an xml for his familiar, which may start to take a larger role in things. Let me know if you have any questions. I will try to log on a bit early too so we can go over any ideas I have in mind. I didn't grab a picture for the bird yet, but we can use something generic for now

HoloGnome
May 28th, 2015, 19:48
Is that Mavis the Armpit Pigeon? :D

I sent you the files for Axxis/Blood - there are minimal changes from the last adventure with you (Icebound Outpost) -- some spells and a wand for Axxis and AoMF for Blood. Also, you have the portraits/tokens. I should be OK on time and don't need the chronicle in a hurry.

Victor
May 29th, 2015, 07:02
Is that Mavis the Armpit Pigeon? :D

Yea, that's the one, probably has more Int than Axxis. :) Is that Blood, your head-smashed dog, you got there trailing behind you?

Welcome back! How was the Con?

Mavis may play more of a role, we will see. See ya in the morning. :)

HoloGnome
May 29th, 2015, 07:47
Yeah. Let's fight them! Maybe you should cast light on her and call her Mavis Beacon, Lighting Tutor. Con was lots o' fun! Mavis usually only plays a roll when the temp is above freezing. Otherwise, Daget needs to bring some spare undershirts. :D It's hard to be a well-dressed gnome when there's bird crap all over your undergarments. Hehe.

cmdisc
May 29th, 2015, 08:43
That crap in the undergarments is from his bird? I thought he soiled his armor, he was so scared.

cmdisc
May 29th, 2015, 10:16
Just a reminder that we will be using voice.fg-con.com today. The Server Alias for FG is in my signature. I'll aim to have it up an hour or so before game time. Syrinscape will be playing a role during this scenario, so feel free to turn that channel up or down as you desire. I'll be experimenting with it, but if it gets too distracting at times, I'll adjust it on the fly.

Any issues, let me know.

damned
May 29th, 2015, 10:37
Just a reminder that we will be using voice.fg-con.com today. The Server Alias for FG is in my signature. I'll aim to have it up an hour or so before game time. Syrinscape will be playing a role during this scenario, so feel free to turn that channel up or down as you desire. I'll be experimenting with it, but if it gets too distracting at times, I'll adjust it on the fly.

Any issues, let me know.

Are you still having issues with ts.fg-con.com or you just get a better quality of service from voice.fg-con.com?

cmdisc
May 29th, 2015, 14:12
Still having issues unfortunately. It's been fine for months, went bad a few weeks back, and then cleared up for a couple of days. But as of Tuesday, it's gone bad again. At about 170ms Ping and bouncing around between 15-35% Packet Loss (all of it IN since OUT is sitting at 0%), the end result is garbled incoming audio. I can understand one person talking, but if a second jumps in (or if an open mic is echoing), then it's just all sound salad at that point.

No idea why. Since I've run into only one other person who mentioned having an issue like this, I can only assume it's on my end. All 3 computers here express the same results, even though the rest of my internet is fine.

If there's a way to resolve it, great. But fixed or not, on Monday I'm renting my own TS server. The 'voice' one won't be up much longer and spending 30 USD for a year isn't expensive at all. I figure it's something I can offer the FG community in case they ever run into issues with the state-side one. It'll only be 15 slots, but that's enough for 2 full tables to run on.

cmdisc
May 30th, 2015, 01:06
Thanks for playing guys. Here's a Pre-Chronicle for those that need it. I'll get Chronicles turned around as these come in.

Victor and Andrew, sorry about the technical issues with FG there. I'm not sure why they were hitting you guys so hard and no one else. It really sucked, but I can understand having to drop from things. It was quite frustrating, I'm sure.

HoloGnome
May 30th, 2015, 01:14
Thanks and good job on the GMing! :) There were some tough, tactical battles in there. I'll send you a pre-chronicle.

Victor/Andrew - thanks for trying to hang in there. Hope the connection issues clear up.

Victor
May 30th, 2015, 01:24
Thanks guys for enduring all the drops and queries, I am sure it was frustrating for everyone. I never got as far as getting a clear into and was out before any combat. so it would be a shame if this counted as a run for me. I don't know how far Andrew got. I don't think we share ISPs. ;)
My problem is surely local and it'll have to be fixed soon or i'll plotz. so see you all in the funny papers, and soon.

HoloGnome
May 30th, 2015, 03:35
I'd be happy to run it for both of you for credit - neither of you really got very far - assuming cmdisc does not supply a chronicle and there's no issue with replay rules. But, even if there were some issue, this situation should really be deemed as circumstances beyond anyone's control where the players intended to play but could not. We're in an online domain where serious connection and/or software issues fall outside the lines of the typical pen-and-paper PFS rules and players should not be penalized (IMO). Also, people replay all the time (especially GMs) with FULL knowledge of the scenario, so the small amount that the two of you covered should not be a limiting factor. Maybe cmdisc would be willing to forgo a no-credit chronicle if I set up the rerun - I just bought/downloaded it. Or, ask a Venture Officer, but that may not be necessary.

cmdisc
May 30th, 2015, 07:34
First off, thanks HG for offering an explanation. I'd just ask that in the future responding with your presumption of how I might or should respond be kept to a PM with the necessary party. Otherwise I'm publicly forced to either do as you suggest or come across as being a jerk. :)

That said, from a GM perspective, neither Victor nor Lord Kavos had a chance to get anywhere with the Scenario, so I'm not giving either of them a Chronicle. Even their little bit of time "at the table" was spent trying to fix the connection problems, so frankly neither of them had a chance to actually get anywhere. If they really feel that they "deserve" a Chronicle because of any bits they heard between drops, then I'll give them one with all 0's. But as far as I'm concerned, they didn't start.

HoloGnome
May 30th, 2015, 07:55
Hey - sorry. It never even crossed my mind that anyone would ever think that - especially about you. Just trying to be helpful. I just assumed that if the rules required that there be a chronicle (or not), then so be it, with no implication towards you one way or the other. As above, I think we're slightly outside the lines given the digital nature of our games and happy to run it for both of them. Anyway - apologies.

Lord Kavos
May 30th, 2015, 09:54
It's all good guys either way...as I said before I play PFS to play, not for the chronicle at the end. It was just painful with all the connection issues I had, missed most of the box text at the start, plus any rp opportunities. I tried to stick in there for as long as I could, but it's no fun playing by proxy , not contributing to the story or the table in general.

No one's fault - as you said cm I played in a few of your games before & never has tech issues like that. But when you get up early to play, it gets frustrating when u can't because of issues out of anyone's control. I stuck it out as long as I could stand it, but in the end it was disrupting the game for u guys almost as much as me, so I bowed out.

cmdisc
May 30th, 2015, 10:17
@ HG No worries. :)

@ LK We'll catch you in a game one way or the other next time around. We'll just need to do a dry run test before you commit to half a night's sleep. :)

KevenSimmons
May 30th, 2015, 12:56
Pre-Chronicle for Chagrek. There were some in-game purchases, made in the previous game session that didn't make it on to his chronicle for that game, so I've added them here.

damned
May 30th, 2015, 13:43
It's all good guys either way...as I said before I play PFS to play, not for the chronicle at the end. It was just painful with all the connection issues I had, missed most of the box text at the start, plus any rp opportunities. I tried to stick in there for as long as I could, but it's no fun playing by proxy , not contributing to the story or the table in general.

No one's fault - as you said cm I played in a few of your games before & never has tech issues like that. But when you get up early to play, it gets frustrating when u can't because of issues out of anyone's control. I stuck it out as long as I could stand it, but in the end it was disrupting the game for u guys almost as much as me, so I bowed out.

Bloody Queenslanders.

cmdisc
May 31st, 2015, 16:46
Signed Chronicles below. Let me know if there need to be any changes. I'll pull them down in a few days.