PDA

View Full Version : PFQ: The Silverhex Chronicles

Farnaby
May 15th, 2015, 00:45
This is my first time as a GM with Fantasy Grounds.
Looking for experienced players to help me if I get stuck with tips and tricks. :-)

A series of six Quests designed for 1st-level characters.

When the daring half-orc scholar Ulisha enrages a noble family in the River Kingdoms, she contacts the PCs with a special deal: she will sell them a unique and ancient druidic relic at a steep discount to secure the gold she needs to pay off her bounty. By the time the PCs arrive to meet her, she has gone into hiding. However, she has left behind a journal full of profitable leads as a sign of good faith. Can the PCs recover this hidden wealth and claim the powerful Silverhex before an assassin finds their friend?

The Silverhex Chronicles includes six, 1-hour adventures that take the PCs to a graveyard in Gralton, a mist-choked forest in Ustalav, a brainwashed village in Razmiran, an ancient crash site in Numeria, and the perilous city of Daggermark. Experience the adventures in any order to create a unique story.

This is played using one of the PFS lvl 1 pre-gens.
I have set up all the pre-gens for use in Fantasy Grounds.
Please write in the calendar which pre-gen you wish to use
and I will send you the xml file to look at and adapt if needed.

RECEIVING CREDIT

A player who plays through one or more of the Quests receives
a Chronicle sheet for The Silverhex Chronicles, noting which
ones he played. He can later play the rest of the Quests in the
series, earning greater rewards (See the Variable Rewards boon
on the Chronicle sheet at the end of this series). At any time, he
can apply the Chronicle sheet to a 1st-level Pathfinder Society
character, but if that character gains XP from another Chronicle
sheet, he can no longer earn additional rewards for playing the
other Silverhex Chronicles Quests. The Silverhex Chronicles can be
replayed for credit, but the credit must be applied to a different
1st-level character each time.

Calendar (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=1426)

There might even be meerkats :-)

kwarner1986
May 15th, 2015, 00:53
Another mission for my great and noble paladin/bloodrager.

Farnaby
May 15th, 2015, 00:57
Another mission for my great and noble paladin/bloodrager.

Don't forget, you need to use a pre-gen!
And tell me which one in the calendar please.

xazil
May 15th, 2015, 00:58
Kyle, note that you can only do Silverhex on pre-gens. Although the chronicles are of course awarded to credit a normal character.

Victor
May 15th, 2015, 01:32
I'll give it a go :) Look forward to you as GM, gonna bring my book of puns and drive you sane.
You may want to put a calendar link on this thread too.

Farnaby
May 15th, 2015, 01:37
I'll give it a go :) Look forward to you as GM, gonna bring my book of puns and drive you sane.
You may want to put a calendar link on this thread too.

Link added. Sanity is expected to ensue.

Syaoran0503
May 15th, 2015, 03:01
I wouldn't mind doing some of these to put some sheets toward my characters. But you asked for experienced FG players which I am not. However, if there is space at the table I wouldn't mind filling a spot.

I will add my sign up to the calendar but understand if I'm not given priority.

Victor
May 15th, 2015, 03:17
But you asked for experienced FG players which I am not. However, if there is space at the table I wouldn't mind filling a spot.

I will add my sign up to the calendar but understand if I'm not given priority.

I would (and did) sign up on the calendar anyway. I probably won't be helping Farnaby with FG either as I never GM. I figure with Blackfoot and KWarner1986 there, it should be a breeze. They are minor FG deities. :)

cmdisc
May 15th, 2015, 05:54
Ok, this is going to be fun. I read through the series of quests, but never played them. And being in Tom's first game. :)

Claiming a spot right now. Will edit this and my calendar request with a Pregen selection once I have a chance to look them over.

Edit: Looking at either Zadim the Slayer or Oloch the Warpriest. If anyone has a preference for either of those two, then I'll take the other. Otherwise will wait and see what the party starts looking like before deciding.

Blackfoot
May 15th, 2015, 06:57
I'm up for this one. I need to verify that I do not have a conflict but I should be good to play.

Malkavian_Andi
May 15th, 2015, 08:55
I signed up for this as well. I'd like to play Amiri.

Farnaby
May 15th, 2015, 08:56
Thanks guys,

please don't forget to choose your character wisely and put it on the calendar for me.

@Syaoran0503: You're in. Please accept one or both of the times on the calendar.
@ cmdisc: You can make the 8 pm game, but not the 9 pm one?

Blackfoot
May 15th, 2015, 08:58
The characters are the standard PFS level 1 pregens? .. and you 'must play a pregen'?

Farnaby
May 15th, 2015, 09:09
The characters are the standard PFS level 1 pregens? .. and you 'must play a pregen'?

That's right, please see the first post. The chronicle will be added to any 1st lvl character.
Don't forget we can have multiple Amiri's or Quinn's, etc. running around.
I have not read anywhere that forbids this. We could have, Gods forbid, a party of 6 Lini's.

If you already know which character sheet you're applying the chronicle to, let me know per pm or here
and I can pre-fill the chronicle making it that much faster afterwards.

If more people are interested, I will run it again the next weekend.

Malkavian_Andi
May 15th, 2015, 10:55
Don't forget we can have multiple Amiri's or Quinn's, etc. running around. I have not read anywhere that forbids this.That's correct. In that case, maybe one should get a slightly different name to avoid confusion (like "Amiri" and "Amira" :D )

Anyway, I'll apply credit to this character:

Name: Tanner Blakemore
PFS-#: 42939-34
Faction: The Exchange
This will be his 2nd chronicle, starting values are as follows:
XP: 1
Prestige: 0
Fame: 2
Gold:187

Also, I have a character sheet for Amiri ready, so here it is for you to load into the campaign (I prefer using the ones I made myself so I know how to navigate them).

Syaoran0503
May 15th, 2015, 11:11
I'm good with either time and I marked the calendar. I would like to play jirelle. Just to clarify we can only post these chronicles to a character until the level up correct? I just ask cause I would like to apply these to my zen archer but she will be at 2 xp so I might need to have another character to apply these too.

Farnaby
May 15th, 2015, 11:19
Well just so that you can see, my Amiri is the same as yours, I just added a couple of more effects.
Have a look.

Farnaby
May 15th, 2015, 11:43
Okay,

I should have put this in the original post.
Here are all the PFS-legal pregens.

I have put standard combat effects in them (charge, total defense, flanking, etc.)
I have set up alchemist's fire and acid flasks properly.
They also have all their feats and abilities (power attack, rage, hatred, etc.)

I also have optional conditions running. This means you have an alignment effect. Press this and your alignment is added.
E.g. The paladin has Smite Evil, the effect looks like this: Smite Evil;IFT Evil;ATK:2;DMG:1;AC:2 deflection
If the creature is evil, it will work. Try this on a neutral animal and it will have no effect.
E.g. Our ranger has Favored Enemy, this looks like this: Favored Enemy;IFT:giant;ATK:2;DMG:2
This means you turn on the effect and let it run the whole game. It will activate as soon as he attacks a giant creature.

This saves time turning effects on and off.

If you want your own xml, I only ask that you at least add the alignment effect.

Cheers - Farnaby

Farnaby
May 15th, 2015, 11:47
I'm good with either time and I marked the calendar. I would like to play jirelle. Just to clarify we can only post these chronicles to a character until the level up correct? I just ask cause I would like to apply these to my zen archer but she will be at 2 xp so I might need to have another character to apply these too.

Ah, I think I see the misunderstanding.
The maximum you can get by fulfilling all 6 quests are 1 xp and 2 pp. No more.
If we manage only 3 quests then only 1 pp.
So no problem adding the chronicle to your archer.

Victor
May 15th, 2015, 12:02
I should have put this in the original post.
Here are all the PFS-legal pregens.

Thanks mate!
That file would be VERY useful in the Pregen Sticky as post #1 or #2! Would have saved me a lot of time.

kwarner1986
May 15th, 2015, 12:47
Seoni or Kyra for me. Pending on group needs.

Syaoran0503
May 15th, 2015, 18:57
Ah, I think I see the misunderstanding.
The maximum you can get by fulfilling all 6 quests are 1 xp and 2 pp. No more.
If we manage only 3 quests then only 1 pp.
So no problem adding the chronicle to your archer.

Ahhh okay. Thanks for the clarification Farnaby. In that case I will be applying the chronicle to:

Name: Kyri Shinomori
PFS# 174291-3
Faction: Grand Lodge

I can get additional information out for her later. I plan to play her in a session tomorrow, so I will have all the information from that chronicle sheet.

cmdisc
May 15th, 2015, 22:12
@ cmdisc: You can make the 8 pm game, but not the 9 pm one?

I could make the 9pm one if that's what the group decides, but 8pm is easier for me as it is sooner and I have an early morning the next morning. So I was differentiating between the two that way.

Blackfoot
May 16th, 2015, 00:05
I'm going to apply this to:
Character Name: Redfang
PFS#39241-19
Faction: Grand Lodge
XP: 2
Fame/PP: 4/4
Starting Gold: 997 gp

As far as which pregen goes.. NOT a girl. Looks like someone who can heal would be useful. Maybe Lem or Hakon.

Victor
May 16th, 2015, 04:27
Looking at whom selected what, I will probably try Kyra the Cleric. If I still have a level 1 character when we run this, I will apply it to him, if not I will make a new guy. I'll have to let you know as we close in on the date.

Blackfoot
May 16th, 2015, 04:29
... Nothing to see here ...

cmdisc
May 16th, 2015, 05:15
Farnaby, you can apply the credit to my Tengu zen archer.

cmdisc
May 16th, 2015, 09:21
Doh! Totally forgot that this character will be getting my GM chronicle for 'Hall of the Flesh Eaters' the day or week before your game. So I will have to whip that up and get it to you privately.

kwarner1986
May 16th, 2015, 11:46
Will Kyra will be ran either by Victor or myself. If Victor takes her, I'm more than happy to take Seoni.

cmdisc
May 16th, 2015, 18:10
I'm settling on Oloch the Warpriest. The Slayer looks nice, but I'd want to buy him a bigger weapon. None of his abilities demand that he use a kukri and with his strength, he's really wasting it on a light weapon. Better for him to have a scimitar, but alas, not enough coin to buy one.

Farnaby
May 17th, 2015, 02:01
Sorry about this, but looking through the xml files I noticed several mistakes (missing ammo, spells without effects, etc.)

I've gone through the lot (Kyra's spells were a pain) and here are the proper files.

Portraits are in the zip file.
And here are the links to some excellent pathfinder tokens:
https://immortalnights.com/tokensite/?product=pathfinder-compatible-tokens
https://immortalnights.com/tokensite/?product=patfinder-ii

cmdisc
May 18th, 2015, 18:31
Ok, looks like there is a possibility that the 30th is going to be a date night for me and the wife, as a local theater is having a specific performance on that night only. So looks like I'll have to jump ship over to the other group.

I'll take myself off the calendar here and jump aboard that one there. Still interested in Oloch.

Victor
May 20th, 2015, 04:06
Sorry, but I also can not make the 30th and am moving over to the other game on the 5th.

Malkavian_Andi
May 22nd, 2015, 00:32
And just out of curiosity: since there are 2 time slots listed in the calendar, are we already settled on a starting time?

Blackfoot
May 22nd, 2015, 05:26
It 'looks' like the earlier time is approved but ragnarok is only down for the later time. So it is a little confusing. I'm good with either.

Farnaby
May 22nd, 2015, 07:50
Hey guys,

I said this is my first time as a GM. Cut me a bit of slack here. :)
I've deleted the earlier time and confirmed the second as that is when all of you can make it.

@kwarner, ragnarok: please add your pregen choice to the calendar please.

Blackfoot
May 22nd, 2015, 07:52
I thought since it was your first time GMing we were obligated to hassle you as much as possible. Who knew.

cmdisc
May 22nd, 2015, 09:09
Ooh! Ooh! Pick me! Pick me! Do I get to harass him next? ;)

Farnaby
May 22nd, 2015, 09:41
Hassle away, hassle away, but beware of the revenge of the meerkat. :D

Seriously though, if it looks like I'm doing something wrong, it's because I am.
Don't hesitate to tell me.

cmdisc
May 22nd, 2015, 09:48
Nah, you'll do fine. There are some really great GMs on here that I've seen and they're always getting reminded of little things like locking the tokens or removing a condition that no longer applies or having to look up a rule. I don't expect anyone to run a game that's technically flawless. So no worries. Plus by the time I get to see you in action, you'll be practiced already. So less to harp on. :p

Malkavian_Andi
May 22nd, 2015, 11:04
Don't worry, we're all there to help if something is unclear ^^
And thanks for the clarification on starting time :)

Farnaby
May 30th, 2015, 18:56
Server's up

Farnaby
May 31st, 2015, 08:56
Thanks for putting up with the map loading.
Looking forward to continue the adventure.

cmdisc
May 31st, 2015, 09:40
So how'd it all go? :)

Blackfoot
May 31st, 2015, 13:14
Lots of people died... ok not lots.

Syaoran0503
May 31st, 2015, 15:29
Lots of people took a big hit from a giant bastard sword. After that they didn't feel like fighting that much.

BCal86
May 31st, 2015, 16:49
Hey, I'm kinda interested in getting into a game, and noticed that you guys just started. It's not possible to jump into it by chance? I'm very new to the whole thing and still trying to figure things out, so tell me if I'mm way out there even asking.

Blackfoot
May 31st, 2015, 16:52
We have only 2 of the quests remaining.. so you'd get partial credit at most from this run... you might be able to play the other 4 quests with a different run... I'm not sure how this one works... it's not quite 'normal' for PFS.

BCal86
May 31st, 2015, 16:54
Oh, ok. I've never actually played anything from Pathfinder to be honest. I've played some D&D and Rifts in the past, but that's the extent of it for me. So I'm not really sure what constitutes as 'normal' haha!

Blackfoot
May 31st, 2015, 16:59
Well.. most PFS games are single run 'one shots' ... 1 xp per session ... 3 xp per level.
So if you subscribe to the game announcement thread in this forum... you'll see announcements for new games... look for starter games at first or maybe play one of the higher tier ones with a Pregen... that might be the simplest starting out. You should definitely download the Pathfinder Society Guide to Organized Play and read through that... it'll give you lots of info.

BCal86
May 31st, 2015, 17:00
That's great! Thanks so much for the helpful info!

Blackfoot
May 31st, 2015, 17:14
Technically this game IS a starter game.. the only tweak to it is that we've already gotten 4/6ths of the way through it. It is designed to be modular... so that might not matter. I'm not sure how confusing it'll all be starting out. One thing is that this game MUST be played with a Pregen.. which is helpful for you.

Hopefully the GM will jump in here with some commentary and thoughts. :)

cmdisc
May 31st, 2015, 17:59
The other session of Silverhex is running June 5th at 7pm GMT.

Discussion here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?24327-PFQ-The-Silverhex-Chronicles-for-those-who-missed-my-first-game

The calendar looks like it's full, but several of the people haven't said what pregens they're bringing and only 4 of the 6 have actually voted on the time. So you might be able to talk to the GM (Farnaby) and see if he's taking any Alternates at this time in the event that someone doesn't show.

But as Blackfoot said, downloading the Season 6 Guide is the best place to start. Linked here: https://paizo.com/products/btpy84k4

Blackfoot
May 31st, 2015, 18:13
I put several date/time options on the calendar... if the last 2 chime in we might be able to have a working time to finish this up.
So far there are 3 slots that work.

Farnaby
June 1st, 2015, 07:49
Hey, I'm kinda interested in getting into a game, and noticed that you guys just started. It's not possible to jump into it by chance? I'm very new to the whole thing and still trying to figure things out, so tell me if I'mm way out there even asking.

Hi BCal86,

If someone doesn't turn up on the other game, I have no problem with you filling in as an alternate.
Just add yourself to the list on the calendar (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=1428)

Contact cmdisc and he'll help you through the process of setting up, choosing a character, etc.
If the game does end up to be full, i.e. 6 players, you can still connect and just tag along to get the feel of it.

- Farnaby

BCal86
June 1st, 2015, 13:54
That would be awesome! However, it looks like I've made a mistake... I read the time zone as EST, thinking you were in Eastern North America, then the times would have worked. I noticed that it's at 1:00 PM my time, meaning you're actually on Central European Time and I can't escape from work that early in the day, haha! I appreciate your willingness try to include me though. Thanks so much!

Blackfoot
June 1st, 2015, 16:55
Looks like we are all good for tomorrow at 5 Eastern (whatever time that is where you other guys are.. 11pm?)

Malkavian_Andi
June 1st, 2015, 19:58
yep, that's 11 pm here. So last 2 parts tomorrow?

Syaoran0503
June 1st, 2015, 20:29
I believe that is the plan

Farnaby
June 2nd, 2015, 17:14
Sorry guys, I have to cancel.
The unemployment office called me 1 hour ago and
gave me a day of work experience at a company and the shift starts 6 hours after we were
scheduled to play. I cannot in all honesty start a 12 hour shift with only 4 hours sleep.

I hope you all understand.

Please put some other dates in the calendar.
I don't have any other planned events coming up.

Again, sorry.

cmdisc
June 2nd, 2015, 17:30
I don't have any other planned events coming up.

Were we still on for this Friday with your 2nd run of Silverhex? Or do you want to push that off while you finish up the 1st run? I'm fine either way.

Edit: and congratulations on what is hopefully a foot in the door for you. :)

Farnaby
June 2nd, 2015, 17:46
Friday is on as planned.

Malkavian_Andi
June 2nd, 2015, 20:25
The unemployment office called me 1 hour agoyeah, they tend to choose bad times. This month, they gave me an appointment on the first day of the biggest local Con, so I'll be sitting there in the morning and go to the Con in the evening. At least they didn't hit a time when I would have wanted to be at the Con already ^^
(which reminds me, anyone who happens to be in Hamburg on the weekend June 12-14 might want to visit NordCon. We have quite a few tables of PFS there ;) )

Blackfoot
June 2nd, 2015, 20:43
I added a couple more dates and times to the list. Someone else could suggest some times as well. :)

Blackfoot
June 3rd, 2015, 23:16
Looks like a few date/times work for everyone.
Mon, Jun 8th - 07:30 PM
Tue, Jun 9th - 05:00 PM
Tue, Jun 9th - 04:00 PM
Personally, of those, Tuesday at 4 seems like the best for me.. (that's the last one)

4 would be 10pm for you folks in GMT +1

Rivver
June 3rd, 2015, 23:24
Sorry, I can't make it. Something has come up.

HoloGnome
June 3rd, 2015, 23:41
I couldn't join the original one, but this Friday is looking good so far. I have at least 5 hrs. I may have longer, depending on how my Friday evening obligation works out. If the time can shift back 1 hr. that would be great.

cmdisc
June 4th, 2015, 06:30
I can be fine with that. My plans for that day have shifted as well. So 6pm GMT now works for me.

Blackfoot
June 4th, 2015, 06:36
I can be fine with that. My plans for that day have shifted as well. So 6pm GMT now works for me.
I don't think we were talking about that time slot yet so I added it to the calendar.

cmdisc
June 4th, 2015, 06:38
I don't think we were talking about that time slot yet so I added it to the calendar.

Sorry. Talking about the Friday evening GMT game that Farnaby is offering as the 2nd run with new players. HG and I posted in the wrong thread. :o

Malkavian_Andi
June 5th, 2015, 15:04
Just wanted to say that I might have problems connecting to FG on Tuesday. My computer decided to just stop connecting to the internet before I coud update to 3.1
What's interesting, TS connects without problem, so I might still be able to be there if someone does Amiri's dice rolls for me. I have access to the pdf so I can look up the maps (I have already played Silverhex chronicles, and all Amiri does is deal damage, so looking at the pdf wouldn't spoil too much for me).

Blackfoot
June 5th, 2015, 17:36
Has it been decided if we are playing on Tuesday or Monday?

Farnaby
June 5th, 2015, 17:41
I've confirmed the date on the calendar for tuesday evening.

Blackfoot
June 5th, 2015, 17:43
OK. Cool.

Farnaby
June 9th, 2015, 19:59
Server is up as is the TS channel

Malkavian_Andi
June 9th, 2015, 20:09
I can't connect to FG because my computet isn't able to connect. But I am able to get on TS. I can play with only voice if someone takes over my character sheet om FG.

Farnaby
June 10th, 2015, 21:57
Filling out the chronicles now and I need your player names.
Please PM them to me. Also someone owes me a pre-chronicle.

Blackfoot
June 10th, 2015, 23:28
My Player Name is Blackfoot on all my Chronicles.

Malkavian_Andi
June 10th, 2015, 23:54
Didn't I put my player name in Amiri's Notes tab? Well, just write "Andreas" on the chronicle.

Farnaby
June 11th, 2015, 08:13
Here are the first chronicle sheets.

As this is the first time filling them out, please check them carefully.
Still missing info from the other 2 players.

Blackfoot
June 11th, 2015, 08:22
Looks good. The only thing I wonder about is 'Checking' the boxes on the Boons... Most of the time those have been blank on chronicles I've received and the whole boon gets crossed out if the boon is not received. That leaves the box for checking when the boon gets used.
Honestly, I'm not sure what the 'right' way to do it is. It doesn't seem really clear either way. I mean.. crossed out IS crossed out of course... so that one is pretty clear... but blank or checked.. who knows what that means.

Malkavian_Andi
June 11th, 2015, 11:59
Usually, when I use a one-use boon, I write "used" across the boon in big letters so it's clear it's crossed off as a result of having been applied (instead of not having gained the boon at all).
I usually don't pay too much attention to whether or not put a checkmark in the box unless the boon explicitly says when to check a box.

Farnaby
June 11th, 2015, 12:07
And here are the other 2:

Farnaby
June 14th, 2015, 07:22
Kyle,

still waiting for your pre-chronicle that you promised.

- Farnaby

kwarner1986
June 25th, 2015, 05:11
I'm late, but I made it!

Farnaby
June 25th, 2015, 10:56
Here you go Kyle.

kwarner1986
October 22nd, 2015, 20:41
Looks like I'm digging up old bones. Sorry for my extended disappearance. Hope all is well. Sadly that chronicle sheet needs corrected. My XP on Rose should starting at 2 XP and ending at 3 XP. Fame/Prestige, and gold look perfect. If you can adjust that. That would be great!

Farnaby
November 7th, 2015, 21:11
Okay, I'm digging it up now.

Here you go:

kwarner1986
November 7th, 2015, 22:51
Thanks, bud.