PDA

View Full Version : Passive Perception

lbealsjr
May 14th, 2015, 18:17
Any way to modify the passive perception score...it does not appear to take into account the observant feat and I can't seem to be able to open the box on the character sheet to modify it. The feat only gives a bonus to passive perception and investigation not to active perception checks so modifying that skill doesn't work correctly.

thanks

lawrence

Zacchaeus
May 15th, 2015, 19:12
It would appear not. You are correct that if you alter the skill then normal perception checks would be wrong.

Griogre
May 15th, 2015, 23:18
This would be a good suggestion for an the 5E ruleset. The Passive perception field calculation needs to be able to be manually overridden like the saves and AC.

VenomousFiligree
May 16th, 2015, 06:00
I suggested it here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?24097-Test-Release-v3-1-0&p=211261&viewfull=1#post211261), so hopefully we'll get it....

Morik
September 13th, 2015, 02:00
Yeah, I know... probably a dead thread, but our druid just took the Observant Feat, so this just became an issue for us as well. Manual override would be awesome!

ddavison
September 13th, 2015, 04:02
This is currently supported.

On the main tab, there is a place where Perception is located. It is abbreviated as PERC. There is a widget icon in the top right corner, meaning that you can CTRL + mouse-wheel up or down to add a permanent modifier. For example, if your Perception skill bonus totals +3, then you will have a 13 listed there. If you mouse-wheel up or down, you can add +5 to make your Passive Perception an 18 while keeping your skill for Perception at +3.

Morik
September 13th, 2015, 05:06
Well, holy crud.. Thanks a ton!

MTS
January 22nd, 2018, 02:20
This is currently supported.

On the main tab, there is a place where Perception is located. It is abbreviated as PERC. There is a widget icon in the top right corner, meaning that you can CTRL + mouse-wheel up or down to add a permanent modifier. For example, if your Perception skill bonus totals +3, then you will have a 13 listed there. If you mouse-wheel up or down, you can add +5 to make your Passive Perception an 18 while keeping your skill for Perception at +3.

LOL - I just found this and got all giddy because it's supported. :)
I LOVE FG.

JohnD
January 22nd, 2018, 03:54
Yeah, I know... probably a dead thread, but our druid just took the Observant Feat, so this just became an issue for us as well. Manual override would be awesome!

It should automatically update then.