PDA

View Full Version : Error popup when rolling a crit manually with lots of dice

darrenan
May 14th, 2015, 08:06
This is in the PFRPG/3.5 ruleset.

On an NPC, create an attack entry that looks like this: +3 unholy battleaxe vital strike +37 (6d6+22/19-20/x3 plus 12d6 precision)

hold down shift, hover over just the damage portion, then double click. Everything appears to work fine. 30 total dice are rolled, which is what I would expect.

Now change the 12d6 precision to 13d6 precision and try the same thing, get the following in the debug window:

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_action_damage.lua"]:514: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

Note: what I actually need to do for this entry is 18d6 for greater vital strike. I guess I could just break it up into two different weapons, or create a vital strike effect. The former wouldn't do DR correctly, but maybe the latter will work. I've gotten in the habit of doing vital strike as above as it seems simplest.

EDIT: Adding a DMG: 18d6 effect to the NPC then trying to roll a crit exhibits the same issue. Is this an overall number of dice limitation I'm running into? This is only a CR 22 baddie, and I expect them to go higher before this campaign is over.

D.

Nickademus
May 14th, 2015, 12:47
I ran into this trying to setup a 30d6 damage effect. I think the dice are capped. What I was able to do was setup a 1d6xCL damage action and set the CL to 30. That worked. You might be able to setup Vital Strike as an action in a spell class instead of the attack field.

Trenloe
May 14th, 2015, 13:42
FG is limited to rolling 30 3d dice at a time.

darrenan
May 14th, 2015, 17:31
Lame.

Nylanfs
May 15th, 2015, 01:31
But you can type /die 100d30 :)

darrenan
May 15th, 2015, 18:58
And I would be happy if what I was trying to do had the same output, fancy rolling dice graphics are nice, but I would take automation over that. But oh well, I'll figure out a way to work around it. Manual intervention probably, because rolling the weapon and vital strike separately will double dip on any DR on the target (which most of the characters in this campaign have at this point).

Nickademus
May 15th, 2015, 22:41
Add the 'spell' damage type to the vital strike to ignore DR.

damned
May 16th, 2015, 09:33
roll d12s?