PDA

View Full Version : New to using FG

sorn
May 14th, 2015, 04:26
As the title says, I'm new to using Fantasy Grounds as a medium to play D&D.

Anyone out there interested in a FG newbie looking for a D&D game/campaign?

What's the best way to get involved? Just make posts like this?

Trenloe
May 14th, 2015, 04:52
Welcome!

There are many, many more players than GMs - so it is usually up to you to keep an eye on the forums and apply to games you're interested in (use the "New Posts" link in the top right frequently to find recent posts that might be offering games). You sometimes have to be quick as slots can fill up quickly. For example, here is one game looking for players: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?24269-Inexperience-Required-Beginners-D-amp-D-5e-Lost-Mine-of-Phandelver-Campaign

Also, to help GMs looking for players, mention your availability and your timezone.

Hope you get into a game soon - but be aware that it can take a while to find a group which you enjoy playing with and fits in with your schedule. It might take you a few groups to find one (or more) that match what you're looking for. Communicate clearly and openly with the GM both in getting involved and if you decide the leave a group. GMs hate no shows and they completely understand if the group isn't what you're looking for; just let the GM know you're moving on, don't be a no show!

Ellspeth
May 14th, 2015, 12:16
Hi sorn, like you just 7 months ago I was new to the FG forums, but I am also very new to RPG and I was very nervous about asking people who have played for so many years to accept a player with less than a year playing RPG's let alone on Fantasy Grounds. Like Trenloe said, it can take a little time, checking the threads, posting what you are looking for and when you are available. Yet 7 months after joining I am involved in 8 different games, 8 different groups with some amazing people (yeah I am addicted to these games through this system). Some games came out of people I met in games, some came out of my post here on the forums. Another thing to watch for while you wait are GM's that are running one shots, I know of one GM starting up a one shots she plans to run on a weekly basis, different one each week, wednesday evenings eastern time. That is a very good way to meet players who are in other games as well, and many players also have a game or two they run themselves. Good luck finding some games, in the seven months I have been here on the FG forums I can truthfully say I have yet to have a bad experience HERE. Welcome aboard, maybe I'll meet you in a game somewhere sometime.