PDA

View Full Version : Issues with D20 Modern Ruleset.

gamermatt
May 14th, 2015, 03:49
I've several d20 modern campaigns that I haven't been running in the last 9 months or so. When I try to run any of them now I get an error. Ruleset: Error to load ruleset(base.XML)
Do you want to try to reloading the data? As far as I can tell I my D20 modern rule set is there. Any suggestions to what I need to do to troubleshoot

Trenloe
May 14th, 2015, 04:15
Sounds like the ruleset has got corrupted.

Open the <FG app data>\rulesets directory and rename the d20 modern ruleset .PAK file to something like .pak.old and run an update. See if a correct version of the ruleset is downloaded via the update process - assuming the ruleset purchase is tied to your FG username entered in the settings screen.

gamermatt
May 14th, 2015, 12:16
Sounds like the ruleset has got corrupted.

Open the <FG app data>\rulesets directory and rename the d20 modern ruleset .PAK file to something like .pak.old and run an update. See if a correct version of the ruleset is downloaded via the update process - assuming the ruleset purchase is tied to your FG username entered in the settings screen.

The file updates but I'm still getting the same error message

Trenloe
May 14th, 2015, 13:39
Check if here is the same file in the directory where the FantasyGrounds.exe file is (usually Program Files (x86)\Fantasy Grounds or Fantasy Grounds II. If there is, delete that one.

Also check for a directory called the same name as the .pak file in <FG App Data>\rulesets - if there is such a directory delete the d20 modern directory within rulesets.

Also, try creating a brand new d20 modern campaign and see if you get the same error message.

gamermatt
May 15th, 2015, 03:25
Check if here is the same file in the directory where the FantasyGrounds.exe file is (usually Program Files (x86)\Fantasy Grounds or Fantasy Grounds II. If there is, delete that one.

Also check for a directory called the same name as the .pak file in <FG App Data>\rulesets - if there is such a directory delete the d20 modern directory within rulesets.

Also, try creating a brand new d20 modern campaign and see if you get the same error message.

No files in those locations and I am able to create a new campaign. But on the selection screen the type is different. The new Campaign is listed as "d20Modern" the old ones are "d20-MRSD"

Trenloe
May 15th, 2015, 03:28
But on the selection screen the type is different. The new Campaign is listed as "d20Modern" the old ones are "d20-MRSD"
Ah, OK - that is the problem.

Quick fix - copy/paste the d20Modern.pak file and rename it to d20-MRSD.pak in the <FG App Data\rulesets directory (you'll have two files: d20Modern.pak and d20-MRSD.pak).

gamermatt
May 15th, 2015, 04:13
Ah, OK - that is the problem.

Quick fix - copy/paste the d20Modern.pak file and rename it to d20-MRSD.pak in the <FG App Data\rulesets directory (you'll have two files: d20Modern.pak and d20-MRSD.pak).

That got it. Thanks for help