PDA

View Full Version : Importing Maps

Hammerhand
May 13th, 2015, 20:38
I am working on a module for 5E D&D. I have found some maps on the FG Fantasy maps included that I can use for the mod. How do you import images and maps into FG? I can bring up the map I need but I can't seem to find out how to save to the Mod's image directory. Can you do this inside FG? Thanks for any help.

Trenloe
May 13th, 2015, 20:51
See the instructions in the "Image and map list" section of the Wiki on images here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Images

Hammerhand
May 16th, 2015, 01:42
I looked up the instructions from the wiki site and follows the instructions but something is missing. None of the Maps would drag over into the folders. I tried using FG - Battle Maps which I had previously purchased, while I can draw on these maps I still can't store them in the images and maps folder for the specific campaign. I am definitely missing a step here. All other parts of the campaign development are going well.

Larac
May 16th, 2015, 01:57
Are you dragging the file name from a dir? or some other way?

Trenloe
May 16th, 2015, 02:44
So, you're actually looking at maps in another module, not image files stored on your computers hard drive?

If the maps are in a module, you can't copy them from the library to your campaign Images and Maps list - they're already there (click on the additional tab along the bottom of the Images and Maps window). You can move the images around within the category tabs and use the images in your campaign - but you will always need the module open in your campaign to be able to access the images from the module.

You could completely deconstruct the module file itself, extract the maps as image files and then copy those image files into your campaign. But, make sure this is only for personal use as the maps/images in a commercial module will be copyright protected.