PDA

View Full Version : Maps not showing for some players

merlinpaladin
May 13th, 2015, 13:39
I have an issue where the map just looks blank to one of my players. All others it works for. We have tried resetting the game. Clearing character owners and them logging into new games. I have tried preloading maps to no avail. I am rather new at this but I don't see any other buttons to push or resources to try. Any help would be appreciated.

Nylanfs
May 13th, 2015, 14:06
check the size of the map, try and keep it under 2mb

JohnD
May 13th, 2015, 14:07
File size of the offending maps?

Nylanfs
May 13th, 2015, 14:10
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?24148-Grey-Screen-when-loading-large-images

Trenloe
May 13th, 2015, 15:07
As the player to check that they have upgraded to the latest version - v3.0.13 should be the version shown in the top right of the FG start screen.

If they are running their connection on WiFi ask them to try a wired connection just to see if that makes a difference.

And, as mentioned above, try sharing a small map first (under 500KB).

merlinpaladin
May 14th, 2015, 00:22
My largest file is only 211 KB. I don't believe that is very large. Although I am not super computer saavy and could very well be wrong. Also another thing to note. When I draw on the map he cannot see it. He can see the tokens and when I put down the cone/square/circle but not individual drawing.

merlinpaladin
May 14th, 2015, 00:39
Also had the member check his file version and he was v3.0.13FREE and I have an Ult License

Trenloe
May 14th, 2015, 01:25
What player name is he using to join the game? The GM can see this from going to the manage characters screen and the owner of their PC will show the player name they used to join the game. If this has any strange characters in it you might have problems with sharing data.

merlinpaladin
May 14th, 2015, 01:27
His original name was Kyle then he changed it to Kyle S in order to force it to reload the content according to a problem I had read about another person and missing tokens on the map

Trenloe
May 14th, 2015, 01:30
Get the player to clear their cache (do it again if they've done it before). Press the "nuclear" button in the top right of the Join Game screen.

merlinpaladin
May 14th, 2015, 01:35
Quick update the nuke button worked like a charm many thanks for that bit of advice!

Trenloe
May 14th, 2015, 01:40
Quick update the nuke button worked like a charm many thanks for that bit of advice!
Excellent news! :)