Falantrius
May 13th, 2015, 08:23
Scenario:
No Maps or player tokens in play
No Players have clients
Playing paper characters with local players rolling dice and damage
All Monsters loaded and managed in the COMBAT TRACKER
All Characters also loaded on the DMs COMBAT TRACKER
Secondary FG Client running on same computer shows COMBAT TRACKER and CHAT WINDOW to the players on a monitor

A player has rolled dice at the table and announced they did 15 damage to a monster
When monster attack, I drag/drop their attack on the characters in the combat tracker then drag/drop the damage onto the character - the players can see the results (all great)

The only thing I have figured to apply damage is to manually look at the WND for the monster and add it and replace the damage with the new value. I know I could drag the characters dice to the monster and roll the dice and it would apply - but the character wants to roll physical dice and announce to me.

This method is prone to error - as I have added it to the wrong monster and then realized it and wanting to change it back - subtract it out - update wnd then apply it to the right monster.

QUESTION:
Is there an easier way to apply the damage from the players to monsters in the COMBAT TRACKER in this scenario?

I have tried typing DMG:-10 in the CHAT Window and dragging it onto the monster in the combat tracker also dragging it to TOKENS setup on the PARTY SHEET

The only thing I have figure out is to create an EFFECT for Damage - then open it up type the damage in for BONUS and drag the Blood Drop to the Monster to apply the damage.

Suggestions? Ideas?

Hastur
May 13th, 2015, 12:40
How could any method be easier than adding the damage into the wound box on the combat tracker? One click and typing the new value. Don't see any way to improve that. But maybe I simply don't understand your question.

Nickademus
May 13th, 2015, 12:44
I have a 'GM' NPC set up with automation for healing and damage. One of the entries is Set Damage. By setting the CL field to the amount desired (15 in your example), and clicking the damage button, FG will put 15 damage in the chat window that I can then drag onto the creature in the CT. Same with healing.

Here is how to set up the damage action to produce a set amount of damage:

Nickademus
May 13th, 2015, 12:45
How could any method be easier than adding the damage into the wound box on the combat tracker? One click and typing the new value. Don't see any way to improve that. But maybe I simply don't understand your question.

If the monster has wounds already, this would require math to determine the new amount of wounds. Ain't nobody got time for that!

Falantrius
May 14th, 2015, 00:54
If the monster has wounds already, this would require math to determine the new amount of wounds. Ain't nobody got time for that!

Its also prone to mistakes. For example, in the heat of battle, I added the damage to MONSTER 2 instead of MONSTER 1 - now to fix it, I had to subtract it out - add it to the other one. In another case, three players did damage and were calling out damage at the table and I just wanted to click add 15, add 23 add 9 more.... then they forgot about the bards song and all wanted three more damage. If you are good at keeping math in your head, that's all good but my battles have 7 players vs 13+ monsters sometimes - I got fantasy grounds to help manage a lot of it. Primarily COMBAT TRACKER - to keep track of spells cast on each of the players and when they expire. Early on in levels - this wasn't so bad - but now that they are 13+ level - spells are flying all over the place.

Falantrius
May 14th, 2015, 00:56
I have a 'GM' NPC set up with automation for healing and damage. One of the entries is Set Damage. By setting the CL field to the amount desired (15 in your example), and clicking the damage button, FG will put 15 damage in the chat window that I can then drag onto the creature in the CT. Same with healing.

Great suggestion - putting it in the CL is a lot easier. I have a SPELL CLASS called BASIC EFFECTS that has Charging, Cleave, Flanking, Higher Ground, Power Attack, etc in it that I am dragging to characters/monsters now - I will just add those two to the list and all will be good.

Thanks

Falantrius
May 14th, 2015, 01:03

Just set this up and its easier than what you say even.
I set up one that was
DO DAMAGE (Damage Effect) CL only
DO HEALING (Heal Effect) CL only

Set DISPLAY to ACTIONS - minimize SPELL CLASS window -
Type the damage or healing into the CL and simply drag the DAMAGE BUTTON or HEAL BUTTON to the character or monster you want to add it to.
Adds it straight up. Lovely!!

damned
May 16th, 2015, 09:43
Ain't nobody got time for that!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cT_Ulmcrys
Woohoo!