PDA

View Full Version : Players have requested permission to load module (DD PHB Deluxe)

lbealsjr
May 13th, 2015, 06:08
I get this in the chat window when a player tries to open their own personal copy of the PHB etc, but I don't see anywhere to give them permission and their mod doesn't show up in my module window in the library. How do you give them permission?

lawrence

damned
May 13th, 2015, 06:39
you can only give them permission to load modules that *you* also have on your system.

lbealsjr
May 13th, 2015, 06:42
you can only give them permission to load modules that *you* also have on your system.

That is what I thought. You might consider changing that message then because it implies that there is an action that can be taken by the host to provide permission.

Thanks for the quick reply.
lawrence

damned
May 13th, 2015, 07:05
this is again something kinda new on the 5e stuff.... mostly on the other rulesets there are not multiple options for the source books - you have Par5e modules, individual class packs, basic set, deluxe... normally the GM will have the module that the player is requesting and will be able to approve/deny it....
you still can approve/deny - but only if you actually have the book that your player is requesting access to...

i wonder if they might change this with 5e - it seems a shame to not allow the player access to resources they have bought because the GM has different resources on their system...

lbealsjr
May 13th, 2015, 07:09
I hope they do go that route, it would be a big selling point for players to purchase a copy of the PHB at least.

Lawrence

Moon Wizard
May 17th, 2015, 21:21
A change to allow GM to grant permission for modules only owned by players is queued up for v3.1. I plan to push an update in the next day or so with this change to the beta test channel.

Regards,
JPG

lbealsjr
May 17th, 2015, 21:25
Awesome.

Thanks.

Nickademus
May 17th, 2015, 21:51
A change to allow GM to grant permission for modules only owned by players is queued up for v3.1. I plan to push an update in the next day or so with this change to the beta test channel.

Regards,
JPG

!!

So much happiness.... can't type...

JohnD
May 18th, 2015, 02:36
Nice move.