PDA

View Full Version : Purchased Castles and Crusades DGA045 but unable to create new campaign

driador
May 13th, 2015, 05:03
Hey all,

As the title says, I just purchased the C&C Ruleset 5th Edition (4th Printing, DGA045) along with a few other C&C items. Afterwards, I went and ran check for updates and while it appears to have loaded the ruleset, if I click on 'Create New Campaign', the C&C option is greyed out. Selecting it gives the description along with a purchase button in the description box. Again, if I run update, I see it checking for anything new for DGA045. I think the only thing I have not tried at this point is to quit FG, restart and then see if the issue persists.

Any suggestions guys?

Thanks in advance

driador
May 13th, 2015, 05:05
Bah, I forgot to add... FWIW, I'm using v3.0.13ULTIMATE under Winebottler on OS X.

damned
May 13th, 2015, 05:55
Did you purchase here or on Steam? DLC purchases on Steam dont work on Mac you need to do them here.

driador
May 13th, 2015, 06:01
Hey damned,

I purchased them here via the store.

damned
May 13th, 2015, 06:08
On teh FG splash screen click the folder Icon upper right hand corner.
go to rulesets folder - you should have this file: Castles and Crusades.pak
if its not there - check your store purchases and make sure its listed,
check in your settings and make sure you have entered your forum username and password
run update again.

driador
May 13th, 2015, 06:19

Nope, it looks like it's there all right; is there a chance that a hash is off or something and thus, fails to load? :/

damned
May 13th, 2015, 06:35
Hi driador - delete the file and let it download again... it may be damaged.
Unfortunately I cant see your attachment just yet.

driador
May 13th, 2015, 06:43
Hey damned,

I actually did that a few minutes ago and after deleting the pak file, I had to go into settings, check for updates again and then it showed up properly. I suspect that either the file was damaged (resulting in a non-matching hash, assuming that FG does crc checking like that), or it just wouldn't extract because of the damage or something similar. Either way, it's up and working as expected now :D.

Thanks for the help, it's greatly appreciated!

damned
May 13th, 2015, 07:25
Good choice with Castles & Crusades. Thats my favourite ruleset.