PDA

View Full Version : Any campaign/adventure/DMG release announcements lurking around here?

dj-wedge
May 12th, 2015, 21:17
It's Tuesday - in many media industries this is release day - Can we dare to hope for a HotDQ/RoT/DMG/PotA release for FG?

Yeah, I'll admit it... I really just don't want to type in the next section of the HotDQ adventure. :p

And the Treasure Tables and Magic Item Lists in the DMG.

Any news? Please?

Wedgie

Doc_Jones
May 13th, 2015, 01:42
Don't know the specifics for the tables, but Ddavidson said that those products are in the process of being submitted and/or approved for release in another thread. I too am eagerly awaiting the releases.

Xorn
May 14th, 2015, 13:38
This is an excellent opportunity to take a look as my tutorial series and dive into making your own adventure module (in-FG or with PAR5E)!

Baron28
May 14th, 2015, 18:39
It's Tuesday - in many media industries this is release day - Can we dare to hope for a HotDQ/RoT/DMG/PotA release for FG?

Yeah, I'll admit it... I really just don't want to type in the next section of the HotDQ adventure. :p

And the Treasure Tables and Magic Item Lists in the DMG.

Any news? Please?

Wedgie

The treasure and magic item tables were quite the undertaking when I did them by hand. I don't blame you for waiting.

dj-wedge
May 14th, 2015, 19:46
Oh Jason, Jason, Jason... I'm a rabid consumer of all your videos. :) Even though you make it super easy using Par5e, there is still a fair amount of editing and "cleaning" to get it to work. I'm really tired of cleaning odd spaces and finding that stupid fi or fl single character thing.

JohnD
May 14th, 2015, 22:42
Spent some time today browsing PotA in Indigo. Not going to pay the cover price but will buy the FG version when it comes out.

Doc_Jones
May 15th, 2015, 03:18
So far the releases for FG have been the same as the cover price for the hardcopy, at least PHB and MM were.

JohnD
May 15th, 2015, 03:54
So far the releases for FG have been the same as the cover price for the hardcopy, at least PHB and MM were.

Yeah, I have no problem paying that... once. :)

Would much prefer to support FG with my gaming dollars.

someoneinatree
May 15th, 2015, 04:04
Yeah I think with all the adventure modules I'll be doing the same: buy it via FG only. That way I can still run it in a person to person setting, but use FG on my tablet PC for all the monster stats and easy access to all the info.

jhall6766
May 15th, 2015, 04:19
I definitely will buy the Mods from Fg.... Looking forward to seeing some new ones..

Xorn
May 17th, 2015, 00:50
I just finished building my Rise of Tiamat module (I had it mostly done but hadn't polished it up).

Last night I took my PotA book to work, scanned it at 300dpi on the MFP, then split each page, deskewed them, cropped them, then OCR'd them. Saved that PDF then added in bookmarks to match the Table of Contents. 16MB PDF complete--took about 3 hours.

Then I scanned every map in PotA @ 600dpi, removed all the numbers with a Clone Brush in GIMP, and saved them as player maps (50 px squares, 30% quality JPGs). I also saved a smaller DM version when applicable.

Next I made a story.txt and put in the "outline", which is only the #zl;story; links and the target ##; entries, plus I put in the #zl;image; links where they need to go.

She's coming along nicely. :) Next I'll make the NPCs and Items, then start filling in the story and adding #zl;encounter; and #zl;parcel; links as I go. Finally I'll make the encounters and parcels.

Last step will be to make the imagegrid and imagepins files and I'll be finished! It's actually gotten to be kind of a relaxing meditation thing for me.

epithet
May 17th, 2015, 01:19
I know the artist's website for Phandelver offers both the DM maps from the published adventure as well as player maps without room numbers and secret doors. Will the FG versions of published adventures come with the player's maps already included?

Trenloe
May 17th, 2015, 01:49
I know the artist's website for Phandelver offers both the DM maps from the published adventure as well as player maps without room numbers and secret doors. Will the FG versions of published adventures come with the player's maps already included?
The Lost Mine of Phandelver comes with both GM and Player versions of the maps. I would imagine this will be the case for other adventures.

Treegreen
May 17th, 2015, 15:43
Last night I took my PotA book to work, scanned it at 300dpi on the MFP, then split each page, deskewed them, cropped them, then OCR'd them. Saved that PDF then added in bookmarks to match the Table of Contents. 16MB PDF complete--took about 3 hours.

Does your scanner do 2 pages at once? Takes me forever to scan a book.

RCathcart
May 17th, 2015, 16:17
Yeah, I have no problem paying that... once. :)

Would much prefer to support FG with my gaming dollars.

I have both the books and the FG modules. Considering how many years I've kept and enjoyed my RPG books generally (some I've had for over 30 years), the books will always be a worthwhile investment.

It's the FG modules that I worry about. Will they be usable in 5 or 10 years? I'm hoping so, but I'll have my lovely books just in case. :p

Xorn
May 18th, 2015, 05:22
It's an enterprise multi-function printer, which my company leases. It will scan a 2-page spread at 600dpi in 2-3 seconds. It's very nice. When I scan with my home printer, a single page 600 dpi takes about 90 seconds. :(

JohnD
May 18th, 2015, 18:09
HotDQ is now in the store.

Trenloe
May 18th, 2015, 18:20
HotDQ is now in the store.
Cool. $10 cheaper than the RRP of the book.

jhall6766
May 18th, 2015, 18:21
Kool too bad I have to wait till June for this.... But definitely on my list...

Nylanfs
May 18th, 2015, 20:18
That is definitely an acceptable price from my perspective. :)