PDA

View Full Version : new to Fg and d&d

thefish199
May 12th, 2015, 02:41
hi all I'm pretty new to all of this and was hoping to find a group that would be willing to take on a new guy and get him set straight ! i have the 5e player handbook and the starter set but haven't found anyone local to get a game in.

I'm CST and free from 6 pm to 10:30 pm any time during the week or weekends

Morgentaler
May 12th, 2015, 04:51
Hey there, you are at the right place.Best advice I would give you is to keep an eye out here for games looking for players. (The ratio of DM to player seems somewhat unbalanced atm) if you have any specific questions regarding D&D or FG I would be happy to help you can PM if you wish.

Good luck!

JohnD
May 12th, 2015, 06:02
The ratio never changes. Welcome! Be persistent and you'll find a group.

dulux-oz
May 12th, 2015, 06:31
Hey Fish,

Welcome! You'll find we're all pretty nice people here, and it won't be too long till you find a group, so hang in there!

In the meantime, let me direct your attention to the various Tutorial Videos available on the FG Wiki (assuming you haven't already seen them). Damn's are good, as are Xorn's, and people seem to fine mine useful as well (mine are also available from the link in my sig). Start with the ones on the CoreRPG, because practically all of the various rulesets for the various RPGs are built on top of the CoreRPG, so learning it will stand you in good stead for learning any of the others.

Cheers