PDA

View Full Version : New Aussie Player looking for community in time zone

Dazzar
May 11th, 2015, 15:51
G'day, I live in QLD Australia and I looking for Aussie or Asian community /group new friends to adventure with in D+D. I am new to Fantasy Grounds but an role player with many past years as a player and GM experience but haven't played for along time only PC games of D+D.

I have some basic knowledge of the new rules as I used to Basic D+D and 2nd edition for over 15 years, I have been reading and tinkering with character creation for D+D 5 on FG and would love to start to play some adventure and make new mates with this Awesome program.

So I am looking for people to hook up with in my time zone for weekend games or such and to help mentor me somewhat in using Fantasy Grounds.

Thank you and all the best, Daz.

dulux-oz
May 11th, 2015, 16:00
Hey Daz,

Welcome! Nice to see a fellow canetoad (speaking of which, I assume you've seen this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSsUXMjXXp4 ).

Let me direct your attention to the various Tutorial Videos available on the FG Wiki (assuming you haven't already seen them). Damn's are good, as are Xorn's, and people seem to fine mine useful as well (mine are also available from the link in my sig). Start with the ones on the CoreRPG, because practically all of the various rulesets for the various RPGs are built on top of the CoreRPG, so learning it will stand you in good stead for learning any of the others.

Cheers

Dazzar
May 11th, 2015, 23:14
Hey Dulux thanks for your friendly welcome I was watching a few of your video series yesterday, and I am up to 01-A-03 I followed character creation with the guy who is partner of FG program and made a fighter with the kits I bought, its hard to know how much money to dip into it at first, being cautious, got basic rules and warrior and cleric set.

I have been really missing the whole role play scene. I had moved to QLD from Melbourne many years ago and lost my Core Group and haven't met any new Role players since being up here I am real excited to finally see a good online product with so much personal input and interaction, I cant wait to understand it better.

No I hadn't seen the Daz cane toad thing it was Awesome, I can relate to this ha ha, extra funny hes named Daz, Big Victa lol, I am going to book mark this tutorials and try to get some more under me belt today. Daz

someoneinatree
May 12th, 2015, 09:12
Welcome! There's a few of us around.

damned
May 12th, 2015, 11:50
Hey Dazzar! Welcome. There are quite a few Aussie (and a few Kiwis but we dont talk about them) players about. My group(s) are all full right now but stay active - use the New Posts link above frequently to see new games being advertised. Another place to look is https://extraordinarygamers.com/ for games.

Dazzar
May 12th, 2015, 11:59
Hey chezcaliente & damned thanks for the welcome, I already have an invite to a game from dubbomale so things are looking up.

Ardem
May 13th, 2015, 05:23
Welcome Dazzar, I think the Aussie community is well represented in FG, we have quite a few numbers active and inactive on the forums. unfortunately I run rolemaster games not D&D so cannot hook you up for a spot however I am sure someone needs an extra around here.

Dazzar
May 13th, 2015, 08:18
Hi Ardem, nice to meet to mate.

JerryRig
May 21st, 2015, 05:13
Dazzar,

Sorry we got chatty and i didnt get you the port forwarding details to look up your device to open a port for FG to function in letting other players join your group. Here it is below as well as i na message i sent you.

Take care mate ...

portforward.com has a free program on there site that just checks to see if your port is open .,..you don't need to pay for the other one that opens it for you ...the processes is not that difficult to use your money to do it (IMHO)

Website for looking up your router ...
https://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/SMC/SMCWBR14S-N4/Fantasy_Grounds.htm

Dazzar
May 22nd, 2015, 14:36
Thanks Jerry... Regards

JerryRig
May 23rd, 2015, 17:11
Any luck getting it to open up for players to join your server?

damned
May 24th, 2015, 08:11
Hey Dazzar - check out this post: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?24430-Looking-for-Players-D-amp-D-5e