PDA

View Full Version : Can't buy Steam DLC after purchasing Subscription Version

vikingbrad
May 11th, 2015, 10:02
I think I know the answer but I bought the GM Sub of FG via the FG webstore on the weekend.

I would prefer to buy other purchases via Steam for ease of management.

When I go into Steam and try to make purchase it says I cannot as the DLC requires the Full Version and I only have the Demo.

Do I have to wait until some sync-ing takes place so that Steam is aware that I have the subscription? Any idea how long that takes?

Cheers
VikingBrad

damned
May 11th, 2015, 13:49
Hey vikingbrad - keys only get synced to Steam about once every 6 weeks as its a manual import process for Steam....

Trenloe
May 11th, 2015, 15:17
You'll also need to activate the Steam product by entering your licence key. https://steamcommunity.com/app/252690/discussions/2/558755530621472814/

Nylanfs
May 11th, 2015, 15:52
Hmmm, I wonder how well Steam i s going to handle license key changes. When you stop and start a sub don't you get a new key? I vaguely remember Doug saying this somewhere. Or does Steam just check to see if you have ever gotten it?

vikingbrad
May 12th, 2015, 01:21
I'll try activating via Steam. FG works OK its just buying the DLC via Steam.

Read on that thread on Steam community that license still needs to be sync-ed so expect I still have a wait ahead.

Cheers

damned
May 12th, 2015, 11:53
Id buy from the FG store if you will be using Subs....

vikingbrad
May 12th, 2015, 14:54
Activating the game on Steam was the correct answer.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/252690...5530621472814/

- Activated FG on Steam using Serial # from Smiteworks (see link above)
- Purchase LMoP via Steam
- Launch FG from Steam and choose Update
- Auto-installed LMoP, DND 5E Basic Rules for DM & Player, Theme & Decal (all included in purchase it seems)
(It would be better if it was called Lost Mines Near Old Phandalin or LMNOP)
- Open Module/s, all good.

Hi Ho Hi Ho its off to the mines I go.