PDA

View Full Version : Interest Check One-shot 1am-5am CDT (GMT -5)

css352
May 11th, 2015, 07:08
I've created my own one-shot that would use the Savage World rules to run an adventure. In this fantasy based adventure I will be provide pregenerated characters for 5 players who then play a game of intrigue and hard choices involving kidnapping, stealing, and secrets.

I work overnights and it is easier to try to keep my schedule than change it on my days off and that is why the time is weird. I am hoping however that there are others out that that would find this time to work for them because I have not seen many games that take place around this time. I have been a GM for just over 10 years and the last 5 years I have been playing Savage Worlds. Having said that, my games have been mostly face-to-face to this point and I have only played a couple one-shots online, so I ask for your patience if I encounter any problems with running the game on Fantasy Grounds.

I hope, if there is enough interest, to play the game sometime during the week of May 18th.

Feel free to ask any questions and I hope to talk to you soon.

Mask_of_winter
May 11th, 2015, 08:53
This time works for me but only on the weekends.

css352
May 11th, 2015, 15:42
Well it seems that making it more toward the weekend will work for more people so for so it looks like I will plan to have it on Saturday the 23rd at 1am CDT as long as I get enough people. Right now I have two interested, so there is are still 3 more spots available.

Sarx
May 16th, 2015, 10:20
Hey, I happen to be looking for a one shot game to try out FG before deciding whether to spend the money for a license. That time frame is great for me, but I couldn't make Saturday morning due to work. If you are interested in running a game on a Sunday or Friday morning I would love to join and give FG (and Savage Worlds) a shot. I've been playing RPGs for over 20 years. Never played Savage Worlds, but it looks very appealing. I've used Roll20 so I am somewhat familiar with the virtual tabletop, but I never used it to its full potential, just as a map replacement.

Edit: Removed Wednesday as I remembered a previous commitment.

css352
May 16th, 2015, 13:32
For this game, I don't believe Mask of Winter can play on a Friday because of his work schedule and I'm unable to play on Sunday this week. I don't have any other games currently set up but I will likely plan another game in two weeks when I am next off work again. I don't know what time you are able to game but another good site to try and find games is through The Society of Extraordinary Gamers (https://extraordinarygamers.com/). They have a calendar with games and times posted where you might be able to join in a game or possibly just try observing a game. The community is really nice and helpful.

I've had some difficulty finding people who are able to play at the time slot I've proposed which it why I have set the time for a Friday night/Saturday morning. If I was able to get enough interest in the Friday Morning timeslot, I'd be happy to run the adventure then as well but as of right now I don't plan on running it then because not enough interest has been shown.

I'm also newer to the community so I'm sure there are more resources or other sites out there that I am not aware however I'm glad to help in whatever way I can.

css352
May 19th, 2015, 18:39
Here is a little more information about my Oneshot. I am running it on Saturday, May 23rd at 1:00am CDT (GMT -5). I believe I should have 3 people currenly able to play which still leaves 2 open spaces if anyone is interested.

Overview
A large party and auction is set to take place in the region of Varenridgeat is set to take place at Nazareth Meinard's Estate. Nazareth is the regions most influential and wealthy individual who's greed and actions have given him a bad reputation which he hopes will turn around with this party and auction. Before the party, the youngest child of Nazareth is kidnapped and held for ransom for some of the items being auctioned at the party.

In this adventure, there are 5 characters each with their own secrets and connections to the others in the group and they will make their own choices on how to tackle this incident. Will they follow the demands of the ransomer, attempt to rescue him, or do something else entirely? The choice is yours in my new adventure: Auction Control.

Characters

Marilyn Meinard is the eldest child of Nazareth Meinard. Having had high and troublesome expectations placed upon the young noble, Marilyn wished to shelter the younger brother and develoved a bit of a bit of a brother complex with the younger brother, Madison. Marilyn's has continued to struggled to find a moral axiom because the teachings of greed, from Nazareth, seemed to be in constant opposition to the principled humanitarian teachings provided by his tutor, Titus. The one true friend and confidant Marilyn has while trying to develop a axiom is from Agrios's animal companion, Firo.

Firo is a very rare, unique and young creature that very few people have ever seen. Having grown since a baby with Agrios, Firo has learned how not to be shy around humans and in the short time at the Meinard Estate has developed an unusually close connection with Marilyn Meinard. Firo is very social with everyone at the estate but you can guarantee if Marilyn is free, that is where you will also find Firo. Being a unique creature, Firo is unable to speak but does understand spoken language. Firo has wings for flight and a nose that will rival the finest of dogs, as well as an intellectual understanding rivaling most people. Even without the ability to speak, Firo is able to convey many things through body language.

Rayne Decelle is an orphan from the streets who has recently been hired as a stable hand for the Meinard Estate and has started to receive training from Agrios. Rayne is withdrawn and introverted, finding it difficult to trust and make friends and has therefore taken to learning from Agrious because of his fondness for nature and animals. The introversion and limited social skills has made it difficult to get as close with Marilyn and Firo, who is constantly at Marilyn's side.

Titus Balthasar is an esteemed scholar employed by Nazareth Meinard. He has taken something of a fatherly mantle toward the young Marilyn Meinard and attempted to provide not only a mental education but also a upstanding morale education. He is old friends with Agrios having known and adventured with him many years ago before coming to the Meinard Estate.

Agrios Larix is relatively new to Varenridge, recently employed by Nazareth Meinard to be in charge of his stables and exotic animals. One creature that few have ever seen before and that Lord Nazareth considers to now be his was brought by Agrios as his animal companion and is named Firo. Agrios treats Firo specially, more as a friend than as a pet and allow the young creature to do as it pleases within the estate. Having grown up outdoors, Agrios is more comfortable around animals and nature than in the company of most people. Even though Agrios is a good man, he comes off as being gruff and rude because of his blunt truthfulness and his lack in typical social normalcy. He is old friends with Titus and has recently taken to help train the orphan and stable hand, Rayne Decelle.

css352
May 22nd, 2015, 05:10
You can connect to my Fantasy Grounds game with the the alias "rich turtle dead pirate".

I also plan to use Skype for voice because it is what I am most familiar with. My skype name is css352 and I'll host the skype call for the game that is just over 24 hours away, so feel free to add me.

Finally, if anyone has a preference on the characters, go ahead and claim them. I do not plan on making them open/available to look at before the game but if you want to ask some questions to learn a little more about them, you are free to ask.

bigboom
May 22nd, 2015, 08:16
I'll be there!

I just have one suggestion. In the past I've run into problems with Skype where the sound quality cut in and out so much that some people were unintelligible.

Perhaps we can specify teamspeak 3 as a backup if we run into any sound quality issues? It's easy to download and log into. And unless I'm mistaken, we can use the FG teamspeak free of charge.

I believe these are the TS3 details:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?17071-Voicechat!-Community-TeamSpeak3-Server

css352
May 22nd, 2015, 11:19
I've not had any problems using skype myself, at least no problems that weren't caused by the other users microphone or computer but I understand wanting to have a backup. So with that in mind, I'm fine to use teamspeak 3 as a backup but I have only used it a hand full of times when I was in another person's game and it is because I don't know a lot about it (such as which room we are allowed to use) nor am I able to help anyone with troubleshooting that I chose Skype to begin with.

css352
May 22nd, 2015, 18:21
I'm going to have to reschedule the game because I don't have enough people confirmed right now to run the game. Some of the people who had confirmed originally thought that it was an afternoon game instead of a night game and have since backed out. Because of this, I only have two confirmed people and having at least 4 but preferably 5 would be best for the way I designed this one-shot. I apologize for the way this turned out and I do plan to run this at a future date but with my work schedule and family coming into town, I don't currently know when that will be. I know it will not be next week because I work 7 days of 12 hour shifts in a row starting Monday. I will have to wait until I find out more about my family that is coming into town the week after if I will have time to try to run it again that week.

bigboom
May 23rd, 2015, 06:33
Understood. Thanks for attempting to put it together in the first place!