PDA

View Full Version : Modules not loading to player library

Jubilant
May 11th, 2015, 02:06
Hello!

My friends and I are new to FG and we have been trying to get it set up. We are running into an issue that is stopping all progress.

We are running 5E and we are all connecting to the GM via Hamatchi. The issue is every player (3 of us) can load modules into our library but there are two players who cannot. They are on the same home network so I am wondering if maybe it has to do with their connection. We have tried lower all the firewalls (local and router) that did not help.

Both players when connecting to GM get stuck at downloading for quite a long time (longer than any of us and they have Verizon Fios so it isn't their speed) After the fully connect everything looks normal and they are able to view the modules made available by the GM but after they open the books nothing will appear in the library and when they check modules again the books are close. We have tried re-installing the game, clearing player cache, and nothing seems to work. After quite a lot of searching I cannot seem to find a resolution to our specific problem and I was hoping for some insight in how we can get this set up.

Thank you very much :)

damned
May 11th, 2015, 13:56
when connecting on the same network as the GM make sure you use the Internal IP Address.
https://www.fg-con.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/userguide-loadcampaign-anim.gif

JKtheJoker
May 11th, 2015, 17:48
We are connecting using Hamachi, so we have to use the IP that that gives us. They can connect to my room, but cannont access the books to make their characters. When they go into the library tab to open the books they dont appear in the tab to use any of the info in them. if that makes any sense. they can see titles but none of the information in them. The only people that have the problem are using the same internet connection(but different then mine), no one else has a problem connecting or using the books. Thank you

Trenloe
May 11th, 2015, 18:31
It sounds like the two people on the same network are taking a very long time to download the data from the GM, based off the OP saying "Both players when connecting to GM get stuck at downloading for quite a long time". The 5E content is a lot larger than the average content, so I'm guessing that the client is taking a long time to download the 5E content. It does this in the background and the library won't populate with the information until it is downloaded.

Before the players join the game, click the folder icon in the top right of the FG first screen - this brings up the FG app data directory. Open the "cache" directory and then the directory with the name of the campaign they will join. Look for a file called "DD PHB Deluxe.dat" - if it isn't there at this point that's OK, keep this instance of Windows Explorer open.

Now, join the game and check on the "DD PHB Deluxe.dat" file mentioned above - it should slowly start to increase in size - enable view -> details in Windows explorer to see the file size. It needs to get to 16,280 KB in size before it has been fully downloaded and will be available to the player to use.

damned
May 12th, 2015, 11:51
usng Hamachi or not - the local players should connect using the local/internal IP address....

Nylanfs
May 12th, 2015, 14:02
The two players are local on THEIR network, not the GM's