PDA

View Full Version : XP issues

bobq219
May 10th, 2015, 22:29
Hey All,

New member here and new to the software. I am bringing over a Lost Mines of Phandelver group and am having trouble awarding individual xp, reducing xp if i gave too much etc. I get dropping the encounter to the xp window on the pc window but is there a place/way to simply type in xp mannually?

Thanks for your help

bobq219
May 10th, 2015, 22:36
nvm, just found it

JohnD
May 11th, 2015, 00:04
gjd.

GrtAndPwrflTrtl
December 12th, 2015, 08:36
where? Couldn't you have said where?

Just spent a very frustrating 30 minutes on 5e, and can't figure out how to manually add, add to only one character, set xp until next level to anything but 0, or subtract xp.

damned
December 12th, 2015, 08:54

Just spent a very frustrating 30 minutes on 5e, and can't figure out how to manually add, add to only one character, set xp until next level to anything but 0, or subtract xp.

click on magnifying glass beside level
you can type a number (positive or negative) in modifier box (on desktop not char sheet) and drag it to the XP field of PC.

Zacchaeus
December 12th, 2015, 10:14

You might want to have a read over of some of the articles in the Wiki; especially this one (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/5E_Character_Sheet).

And welcome to the forums and to Fantasy Grounds.

GrtAndPwrflTrtl
December 12th, 2015, 13:37
damned: ok, thanks, I think I did see that level a few days ago when making test chars; but was fixated on adding it in the party sheet and didn't think. So, the dm cannot award or change individual xp from the party sheet; that's weird.

Saving the text string: "/mod 100 award_description" in an adventure document is currently all I can do to automate? It's annoying that doing this doesn't show up in the awards list, or get even echoed to the command line; so there's no record of the award.

Can't the player just add any amt of xp to their own sheet if there's no records? If I need to manually keep a note of every player's xp total and each xp award in a 2nd document, that part of the system is not doing me much good. Well; now that I know what I'm dealing with; I can work with this np.

Zac: I posted my question in order to get an answer to that question, your post does not seem to be about that topic, so I will respond to it out of thread.

Zacchaeus
December 12th, 2015, 14:35
No, you can't award individual XP via the party sheet unless the PC who you want to award is the only one actually on the party sheet at the time. The only way to change XP would be to enter the players character sheet (as the DM) and manually add any XP to that particular player. If you wanted to output something to chat when you make an individual award you could prepare a chat entry in a story i.e 'Pinch the Rogue gets 100xp for expertly picking the lock' or some such but otherwise there wouldn't be any output.

You are correct as well in that players can edit the XP in their character sheet at any time. I suppose it depends on how much you trust your players as to whether you need to keep a separate record.

If you want to you can add a request to have the XP on the character sheet editable only by DMs and also that the facility to have individual awards be added to the list of things you'd like to see incorporated into FG here (https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/).

GrtAndPwrflTrtl
December 12th, 2015, 22:30
Thanks guys; I appreciate the clarification and details.

damned
December 13th, 2015, 02:23
Players can change their STR and HP and Spell Points etc etc too :)
Just like in real life. If you think that a player is doing this - caution them. Then hit them with lightning. Then tell them they are really pissing you off...

GrtAndPwrflTrtl
December 13th, 2015, 02:46
hahaha