PDA

View Full Version : Unauthorized Copy Error

Falkus
May 10th, 2015, 15:24
Hi

I'm setting up for a new campaign on Fantasy Grounds with my online group, and we're getting an error.

My friend, who's connecting from China, keeps getting an unauthorized copy error every time she tries to connect to games I host. My other friends (in the States and Canada), don't have that problem. I checked through this forum, and it seems the historic cause of this issue is when people are connecting with different versions; but we've both got the latest version.

It's really weird, nothing we've tried so far has been able to work. Can anybody help us get this problem fixed?

Thanks!

Mask_of_winter
May 10th, 2015, 15:43
Which FG license do you have?

Falkus
May 10th, 2015, 15:44
The ultimate license

Trenloe
May 10th, 2015, 20:13
What version does the player having the issue have? On the first FG screen it can be seen in the top right.

What is the exact error message they're getting?

JohnD
May 10th, 2015, 20:52
Incorrect key or crack?

damned
May 10th, 2015, 23:24
See if your friend can visit this site. Huge amounts of hacking attempts come out of China and he might be on a blocked/banned IP range. If he is connecting using a Demo License his client needs to be able to verify YOUR Ultimate License (I believe) and so requires access to the servers... send an email to [email protected] with your friends IP address. Although his IP address probbaly changes regularly so this might only be a short term fix...
You friend might have to use a VPN service if this happens regularly...

Falkus
May 11th, 2015, 00:35
What version does the player having the issue have? On the first FG screen it can be seen in the top right.

The version is 3.0.13

The error message just says Unauthroized copy and that it would let her finish logging in.

See if your friend can visit this site. Huge amounts of hacking attempts come out of China and he might be on a blocked/banned IP range. If he is connecting using a Demo License his client needs to be able to verify YOUR Ultimate License (I believe) and so requires access to the servers... send an email to [email protected] with your friends IP address. Although his IP address probbaly changes regularly so this might only be a short term fix...

Thanks! I'll let her know and tell her to get in touch with the support email.

Falkus
May 12th, 2015, 14:35
Weird, post I made the other day didn't go through. Reposting.

3.0.13; the error message is just Unauthorized Copy, and unable to cmplete the connection

That sounds like it, I'm afraid :( She is using the demo license. I'll advise her of this, but her IP does change regularly. We'll look into VPNs. Thank you!