PDA

View Full Version : Engine updater missing

Wolfheart
May 9th, 2015, 22:36
Hi, I exited FG and on a whim decided to check for updates.
The program terminated with a message that the engine updater is missing.
Anyone experienced something like this?
(Haven't tinkered with the software)

ddavison
May 9th, 2015, 23:58
Is this from Steam or from our site? I would recommend double-checking your path in your settings screen. Depending on your permissions for your user account, you may need to run it as Admin.

Trenloe
May 10th, 2015, 00:01
Or your anti-virus may have blocked it. Look in the directory where FantasyGrounds.exe is installed (default is Program Files (x86)\Fantasy Grounds) and look for UpdaterEngine.exe

Hastur
May 10th, 2015, 09:55
Not sure if this is the same issue, but I wasn't able to update after I left my campaign and returned to the launcher (not sure, but I think I got the same error message). After a fresh start of FG I never have any problems with the updater and this is how I doing it since.

Wolfheart
May 10th, 2015, 20:45
Not sure if this is the same issue, but I wasn't able to update after I left my campaign and returned to the launcher (not sure, but I think I got the same error message). After a fresh start of FG I never have any problems with the updater and this is how I doing it since.

Yeah, it looks like I experienced the same thing. I started FG just now and checked for updates, no problem.