PDA

View Full Version : PFS Intro 1: First Steps—Part I: In Service to Lore

Blackfoot
May 9th, 2015, 01:11
A Pathfinder Society Scenario designed for 1st level characters.

In your first mission as a Pathfinder agent, the head of the Grand Lodge sends you on a number of missions throughout the metropolis of Absalom, pitting you against traps,thieves, and even an unruly devil, all in the pursuit of knowledge.

Written by Adam Daigle.

I'm setting this one up at last minute so who knows if it will come off. I set up 3 different times on the Game Calendar (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1425), select all the ones that work for you when you apply.

As this is last minute, when you sign up you will need to post your character info right away.
Here's what I need in addition to your character file, and class:
For BRAND NEW characters:
Character Name
PFS #
Faction
Starting Gold (after initial purchases)

For others please post your most recent chronicle sheet along with your character file.

Since this is last minute.. there is not a lot of time to dance around with incomplete characters. I do have PREGENs if folks would like to play one of those.

Blackfoot
May 9th, 2015, 23:58

Blackfoot
May 14th, 2015, 20:40
Let's try this again for this Saturday...
I've updated the link with the new Calendar Entry (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1425).

My times are 'somewhat flexible' so I've entered a few different possible slots, although I will need to be wrapped up by dinner Eastern time.

Syaoran0503
May 14th, 2015, 21:26
I'm definitely interested for this weekend. I would like to bring my lvl 1 zen archer.

xazil
May 14th, 2015, 23:42
I can make some of your session times and will come along on a cleric if you need the numbers, but am more than happy to cede a spot to newer players.

kwarner1986
May 15th, 2015, 00:40
I'll join you, I'm going to bring my newest and deadly creation! The PALADIN BLOODRAGER!

Blackfoot
May 15th, 2015, 05:07
Based on the responses I'm locking this in for the 1pm Eastern time slot.

Metzik
May 15th, 2015, 07:24
There you go!

/Fred

Blackfoot
May 15th, 2015, 07:27
Oof. It looks like Graian is level 2. He can't actually play this one, First Steps is level 1 only. You are welcome to play it with a different character.

Metzik
May 15th, 2015, 07:37
Oops, sorry! I'm not that familiar with understanding what the sheet says. I guess subtier 2 says it all. No one pointed that out. Do you get any ranks when moving to lvl2 or get to spend any points? I try to make another character and if I fail I go with a pregen.

kwarner1986
May 15th, 2015, 07:39
I've got a very good question. If I have GM Credit for this scenario can I play it for credit?

Blackfoot
May 15th, 2015, 07:41
The 'subtier 2' isn't what makes you level 2... it's the 3 xp on your previous chronicle. In PFS each level is 3 xp. So Graian gets to level up after his last game! Congrats!
You want to take a look at what various abilities and skills his class gains at each level. He should get a few different things.
As for this scenario, either way is fine... although I find it's always more fun to play my own character, if you have time to get it together.

Blackfoot
May 15th, 2015, 07:42
I've got a very good question. If I have GM Credit for this scenario can I play it for credit?This scenario is replayable. So if you have GM credit on a DIFFERENT character.. sure you can play it.. but not with a character who has already received credit for this scenario.

kwarner1986
May 15th, 2015, 07:43
Make sense that you can't double down. I'll have my character done within the hour.

Blackfoot
May 15th, 2015, 07:46
Actually, you can play ANY scenario that you GM.. even higher level ones. You are allowed credit for each scenario once as a player AND once as a GM. (unless you use GM stars or some other tricky stuff which is beside the point and not the general rule which is what I stated initially and now am getting quite off topic)

kwarner1986
May 15th, 2015, 07:55
Okay that's good, now comes the bigger question. I'm going to use a GM sheet for the first time. How do I get it and show you? I have it reported online, but no pdf? Am I suppose to have someone sign off on it?

Blackfoot
May 15th, 2015, 07:57
You generate a chronicle for yourself just like you did for your players, they are exactly the same, you sign it yourself.

xazil
May 15th, 2015, 13:43
Here you go, Harlis of Iomedae and his steed Daylight.

PFS# 132871-14
Silver Crusade
Starting gold 4.5

Metzik
May 15th, 2015, 18:27
Would it be possible with an assassin? Anything I should think about when creating one?

Trenloe
May 15th, 2015, 18:35
Would it be possible with an assassin? Anything I should think about when creating one?
This game is part of Paizo's Pathfinder Society Organized Play campaign, and there are various restrictions. The Pathfinder assassin is a prestige class (https://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/prestigeClasses/assassin.html#assassin) that needs to be of evil alignment. No PC can be of evil alignment in Pathfinder Society, so you can't play an assassin. Find more info about Pathfinder Society here: https://paizo.com/pathfindersociety

kwarner1986
May 15th, 2015, 18:38

You can always try a ninja or rogue?

Syaoran0503
May 16th, 2015, 01:25
Here is the XML, Inventory, and a Prechronicle sheet for my character. The character is retrained so everything that was changed for the inventory is covered in the prechronicle sheet.

I hope that is okay. If anything looks wrong I can fix it before game.

Edit. Completely forgot her last chronicle sheet

Blackfoot
May 16th, 2015, 01:29
I've only gotten 2 characters actually submitted for tomorrow's game so far (discounting the one who didn't qualify)... if the other two can get theirs in ASAP that'd be great.

Syaoran0503
May 16th, 2015, 02:25
Sorry for the lateness.

kwarner1986
May 16th, 2015, 02:51
All ducks in a row. See you tomorrow.

Blackfoot
May 16th, 2015, 04:13
Edit. Completely forgot her last chronicle sheet Thanks.

Blackfoot
May 16th, 2015, 07:09
Still looking for Metzik's new character, you are welcome to play a pregen if you can't get it together. I have most of them loaded up... not the ones from the ACG though.

Metzik
May 16th, 2015, 07:42
Yes, I'll go for a pregen. Right now I'm so stressed out I even can't find the pregens. Stress is not a good friend, takes my intellectual level to 0...

Blackfoot
May 16th, 2015, 07:47
You can find the PREGENS HERE (https://paizo.com/products/btpy9a64) there is a list and PDFs of the characters but not to worry.. I have most of them already loaded.. if you avoid the ones from the ACG it'll make it simpler.

Metzik
May 16th, 2015, 07:54
Thank you! For some reason I only got the ACG's when I extracted the first time, but now I got them all! I think I'll go for the Monk Sajan.

Blackfoot
May 16th, 2015, 07:57
Great. We are all set then.

Looks like this is going to be a VERY Lawful group!

kwarner1986
May 16th, 2015, 11:36
Two Monks, a Paladin of Iomedae, and a Cleric of Iomedae walk into a bar. Everyone else leaves in chains! :D

-or-

"I didn't break the law! I am the law!"

Metzik
May 16th, 2015, 11:39
lol! I thought I was the only monk!

kwarner1986
May 16th, 2015, 11:42
According to what pathfinder calls a monk, no.

By my definition of a monk, yes. Sorry Zen Archer is an Archer variant no a monk variant.

Metzik
May 16th, 2015, 12:36

By my definition of a monk, yes. Sorry Zen Archer is an Archer variant no a monk variant.

Ah, ok! :)

Blackfoot
May 16th, 2015, 16:05

By my definition of a monk, yes. Sorry Zen Archer is an Archer variant no a monk variant.If it walks like a duck...

Blackfoot
May 16th, 2015, 17:51
The server is up. Address is on the Game Calendar page.

Blackfoot
May 19th, 2015, 15:54
Syaoran0503
Did you get my email?