PDA

View Full Version : Targeting & Movement

Crysun
May 7th, 2015, 05:39
I'm watching a Youtube video by Jason Hibdon and I can not get movement and tracking working like he does in the video.
From the player perspective, I can not add targets to the combat tracker at all. I tried control clicking on the monsters and it just doesn't work.
Also, when I move my player token around, it will not draw path line with distance marker. I made sure it was the chosen players turn before trying these actions. I got two accounts on two pc's, one acting as the GM and the other as the player. I'm using the 5E ruleset with the complete core class module.

damned
May 7th, 2015, 06:17
Hi crysun!
When you add a character you must do it by dragging the characters portrait (top left of screen after the player has selected it - or from the character selection window if they havent yet been picked up by the player this session) to the Combat Tracker. This establishes a link between the two. Then you drag the Token from the Combat Tracker onto the Map. This extends the link to the map object. If you dont do this you wont get targeting to work.

Crysun
May 7th, 2015, 06:52
Thanks, I got targeting to work now. I still can get movement tracking to work though. The video shows the player moving his token on the map and it draws waypoints and tracks the distance moved. How does one get that to work?

damned
May 7th, 2015, 07:17
As the GM - right click on any of the PC tokens on the Map and choose Lock Tokens. This will mean the GM has to approve the move before it will take effect.

Crysun
May 7th, 2015, 11:32
Hot damned, thanks. That works.

Trenloe
May 7th, 2015, 12:18
Hot damned
Nobody's called him hot for a very long time!

Crysun
May 7th, 2015, 12:36
Nobody's called him hot for a very long time!
It took a Crying Sun to break the drought.

damned
May 7th, 2015, 13:24
somebody called me Mr Damned in another thread too. you've all gone mad.