PDA

View Full Version : mod wont install

kaz1977
May 7th, 2015, 01:53
Hi,

I just purchased the "AaW U1 Dark Days in Stoneholme" from the store. When I run the installer that was sent to me it errors out and the only thing that shows up in the "addon" folder is the uninstaller for the mod. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

damned
May 7th, 2015, 02:11
Welcome kaz1977!
Did you change any of the default paths for Fantasy Grounds?
If you create a new Campaign and go into Library -> Modules - can you see it listed there?
Where is the Addons folder located?

Trenloe
May 7th, 2015, 02:38
Enter your Username and password in the products section of the FG settings window press update and run an update - FG should recognise that you purchased the module through the store and will download the latest version.

Good choice, by the way. :)

Mulhojr
May 8th, 2015, 03:11
same issue for me and i changed directories is that the issue?

Trenloe
May 8th, 2015, 03:15
same issue for me and i changed directories is that the issue?
Could be. Is the data directory in the FG settings valid? Do you have write access to that directory (and all sub-directories). Make sure of both of these things and then run an update (as per post #3 above).

Mulhojr
May 8th, 2015, 03:28
yeah i have loggged in on it properly and the folder is just a normal folder in my A: drive program files. the quote i get is Unable to save file (modules/DD Basic Rules - DM.mod) to content vault

Trenloe
May 8th, 2015, 03:34
yeah i have loggged in on it properly and the folder is just a normal folder in my A: drive program files. the quote i get is Unable to save file (modules/DD Basic Rules - DM.mod) to content vault
Ah, OK - so you're not getting the same issue as the original poster. Go to the <FG App Data> directory and delete content.dat, if there is a content.dat.tmp file, delete that too. Then run FG as Administrator and do an update.

damned
May 8th, 2015, 03:35
There have been reported issues with the D&D content when you change the default file locations...
First thing to check is if there is a content.dat.tmp file - if so delete it.
Next thing is check you only have one license key listed in your settings.

If no go there - change your file paths back to the default locations and try again...

EDIT: The Ninja is on duty - Ill go do something else :)

Mulhojr
May 8th, 2015, 03:51
what are the default locs lol

damned
May 8th, 2015, 03:54
For Data Directory:

%appdata%\Fantasy Grounds\
or
%appdata%\Fantasy Grounds II\

Moon Wizard
May 8th, 2015, 04:19
The latest updates actually should install to C:\ProgramData\Fantasy Grounds\

You should definitely not place your data directory in your Program Files folder as this is protected by OS and requires admin access.

Regards,
JPG

Mulhojr
May 8th, 2015, 04:19
didnt work

Trenloe
May 8th, 2015, 04:23
Have you tried what I suggested in post #7?

If you have done that (deleting the content files and running as Administrator) then go to where the FG application is installed (should be a completely different directory than the data folder - probably C:\Program Files (x86)\Fantasy Grounds) and run UpdaterEngine.exe as administrator.

Moon Wizard
May 8th, 2015, 04:24
Clarification. The new default directory is ProgramData, but the default is only used if FG has never been installed before (or registry keys removed).

Regards,
JPG

Mulhojr
May 8th, 2015, 05:13
im just going to unistall everything and reinstall it all

Mulhojr
May 8th, 2015, 05:27
OK I deleted all files i could find to do with FG and reinstalled and that did not fix the issue I am still getting the exact same issue come up