PDA

View Full Version : Level 1 Re-training question

Syaoran0503
May 6th, 2015, 20:15
Hi folks,

I met a bunch of you at the con a couple weeks ago. It was my first exposure to playing PFS and I had a great time, but I have a question about retraining.

I read that as long as it is before you advance a character to level 2 you can completely retrain every aspect of the character, at not cost. Is this still the case? If so, does it have to be done during a session or can I alter the character prior to my next session, and inform the GM ahead of time?

I'm just curious cause I did not enjoy playing my druid as much as I hoped, and would like to change the character so I can keep the character sheets.

Thanks,
Sean

kwarner1986
May 6th, 2015, 20:18
You are free to change anything until you've started your forth game, but once that forth game starts that's it.

And yes report all changes to the next GM.

Trenloe
May 6th, 2015, 20:33
Just like you wouldn't inform your next GM when you level up, etc. you don't need to report any retraining changes to the next GM you play with. Your chronicle sheets and/or inventory tracking sheet (if 25gp or above) should reflect any items changed (sold for 100% of base cost) along with new purchases beyond the inventory limit (25gp or more). But that's it. You can change anything at all within the usual PFS restrictions (except the PFS number) before you play the character at level 2.

cmdisc
May 8th, 2015, 08:59
It's nice being able to change everything while still 1st level. It gives you a chance to try something out without having to commit to it right away. My human reach cleric became a half-elven reach bard (archaeologist). Just about everything on him changed except for name and gender (and PFS # of course).

kwarner1986
May 8th, 2015, 09:03
I remember your early level Archaeologist, while Meredith and Diana where busy sampling the local cuisine. You were busy with Mrs. Feathers. Has she sent you a postcard?

:D

First and only time I seen Diplomacy used to make an NPC go away!

cmdisc
May 8th, 2015, 09:09
You know in Logus' Inventory are copies of letters to his mom back home for each level he's attained summarizing the details of his adventures. I'll have to see if he ever mentioned Ms Feathers. Might have skipped his mind. :p

Edit: and yeah, don't think I've ever used Diplomacy in that way before or since.