PDA

View Full Version : Regarding 5e PHB, MM1, DMG

_JackDoor_
May 6th, 2015, 18:43
Hi there, bit new here and I have looked through the threads to see if something like this has come up; but I could find anything.

Ive recently bought hard copies of the books, and I was wondering if there was anyway of getting the PHB DMG and MM on the program without paying? I don't really want to pay another bombshell for the 'online' versions as I already have the editions.

Yay or nay?

Thanks everyone.

Trenloe
May 6th, 2015, 18:46
Sorry, no. The agreement with Wizards of the Coast is that these digital products are separate products and need to be purchased again.

Unless you're going to be a player and your GM has purchased the FG library modules. Then you'll have access to the GM's material when you're connected to their game, but outside of that you won't have access to the GM's material.

_JackDoor_
May 6th, 2015, 19:20
Right okay thank you for the quick reply.

Slightly annoying but i guess ill have some nice books on my shelf in my game room.

Cheers.

Wolfheart
May 7th, 2015, 20:20
I was looking through these files earlier today and noticed missing information (I believe it was the subraces for Elf), the links are there but no text inside.

Griogre
May 7th, 2015, 20:28
Which module was it, Wolfheart? Was it the complete, basic or customization pack?

Wolfheart
May 7th, 2015, 20:35
I guess it's the complete (the PHB is called Deluxe)

Trenloe
May 8th, 2015, 01:58
I was looking through these files earlier today and noticed missing information (I believe it was the subraces for Elf), the links are there but no text inside.
Please log any issues with the 5E material here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?23710-5E-Bug-Reports-and-Notices-of-Fixes-Rolled-Out

The Scriven One
May 10th, 2015, 20:57
Hi there, bit new here and I have looked through the threads to see if something like this has come up; but I could find anything.

Ive recently bought hard copies of the books, and I was wondering if there was anyway of getting the PHB DMG and MM on the program without paying? I don't really want to pay another bombshell for the 'online' versions as I already have the editions.

Yay or nay?

Thanks everyone.
I see that you only have two posts, so you may not have seen Par5e.

You can get the information into Fantasy Grounds yourself if you're willing to do some work. Check out this thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?18123-Project-Par5e). It's about a tool that lets you make your own rules modules from the text of the books. It just requires scanning your physical books to a PDF format, and formatting the text using the correct markup.

The benefit of the official material is that its a lot prettier than what you can do with the current (final) version of par5e, and it probably has fewer errors than you'll end up with. Whatever errors there may be will be fixed over time, and new functionality might be added into the modules as the ruleset improves. For example, I'm not sure, but I think I read somewhere that the developers might be working on making a way to apply things like magic weapon and armor properties to any base item you need by dragging and dropping. In other words, you get updates. With your own parsed modules, you have to reparse at best, and you might not be able to add any new features since Par5e is no longer being developed for the public.

Still it's a great option if you have cash flow issues, but you have the time to do the work yourself.

Nylanfs
May 10th, 2015, 23:53
Dont forget that typo's and corrections that will get fixed in the official sets