PDA

View Full Version : More Dice Rolling

Krogania
May 6th, 2015, 04:02
I was wondering what the plans for additional modifiers on dice rolling are. In many forms of D&D there is a form of brutal (rerolling 'low' dice - either one time, or until they are no longer low), or minimum rolls of dice (if a 1 is rolled, count it as a 2). Also if there could be a way to multiply entire totals of rolls (Such as the Periapt of Wound Closure, and not just criticals since they only multiply dice).

On that same note, in the D&D 5E, could you add the context menus for Saving Throws? Something that allows a way to add in a magic modifier for a Ring of Protection or the like (Save = Stat Mod + ___). Even better would be a permanent effect field for player characters where you could program this such as 'ADVSAV: dexterity', which would help keep the very nice combat tracker a little cleaner.

damned
May 6th, 2015, 04:37
Welcome Krogania.
Better dice rolling is required for many games. Pop on over to https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/ and vote for those things you deem worthy.
We probably wont see better dice rolling until Unity to avoid having to do the work twice - but you never know...

Krogania
May 6th, 2015, 05:39
Just out of curiosity is there a timeline for the Unity switch?

Thanks!

damned
May 6th, 2015, 05:45
No. Big/Huge task and right now the bulk of the effort is still focused on D&D5e. But slowly shifting back to Unity.
Unofficial Response!

Nylanfs
May 6th, 2015, 14:10
Just out of curiosity is there a timeline for the Unity switch?

Thanks!

Warning: Legally required TV Tropes link warning. You productivity loss is not my problem.
Soon(tm) (https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RealSoonNow)

JohnD
May 6th, 2015, 22:43
It is humongous big.

https://whatsupyasieve.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/bryzgalov-universe.png

Wolfheart
May 16th, 2015, 21:31
Can't believe how low this one is on the vote ranking (and can't believe FG didn't come with lots of dice options implemented).

Trenloe
May 16th, 2015, 21:40
Can't believe how low this one is on the vote ranking (and can't believe FG didn't come with lots of dice options implemented).
There's quite a lot you can do natively, but some that might require some community produced code - what are you looking to do?

Trenloe
May 16th, 2015, 21:41
The reason it doesn't have many votes is that you can actually do a lot natively, and some extra features that might require some community produced code - what are you looking to do?

Krogania
May 25th, 2015, 09:36
Refering to the OP, is there anything I can download/code into my game that would allow those brutal damage type rolls?

Trenloe
May 25th, 2015, 18:33
Refering to the OP, is there anything I can download/code into my game that would allow those brutal damage type rolls?
Please expand on what you're looking for and for which ruleset?

The 5E ruleset has a reroll property for weapons that rerolls damage dice. e.g. reroll 1 would reroll the first instance of a 1 on each damage die.

Krogania
May 25th, 2015, 22:16
Specifically for 5e:
1. Minimum rolls of dice (if a 1 is rolled, count it as a 2 from the Elemental Adept feat. (which is actually a terrible feat that only increases the average on a d6 by 1/6, but hey, damage is damage)
2. A way to multiply entire totals of rolls and not just a critical since they only multiply dice. This would be for the Periapt of Wound Closure and the Assassin's 17th level Death Strike (That one may be confusing because if the creature is surprised by an Assassin, the hit is already a critical hit. So rogue does (weapon damage + 10d6 sneak attack, rolling each twice, then adding dex) then multiplying that entire quantity by 2. Surprise! Now you're dead...)
3. Less with actual dice rolling but, a context menus for Saving Throws? Something that allows a way to add in a magic modifier for a Ring of Protection or the like (Save = Stat Mod + ___), or even give Advantage, such as from the Barbarian's Danger Sense giving advantage to Dexterity saving throws, without having to clutter the combat tracker effects.