PDA

View Full Version : Cut and paste help

Falantrius
May 6th, 2015, 01:13
I've been told that its possible that NORTON 360 Premier may be interfering with cut and paste in Fantasy Grounds.

I can't get anything to copy out of or paste into Fantasy Grounds. For example, NPC OTHER Tab - I try to paste in some text for the NPC and "Nothing".

Can someone tell me what I need to do to get copy/paste working?

Mask_of_winter
May 6th, 2015, 01:21
I had this issue with webroot blocking it. Check your privacy settings. I don't use Norton so I can't guide you more than that unfortunately.

ianmward
May 6th, 2015, 01:30
I use Norton and have not seen any problems.

Falantrius
May 6th, 2015, 01:32
Finally got CNTL V to paste in.... CTRL - INSERT doesn't work though
CTRL- C doenst work to copy, CTRL-X works to cut and CTRL-V works to paste now.

Griogre
May 6th, 2015, 01:40
Ctrl-c usually works for me. You might try it again in a different document.

Falantrius
May 7th, 2015, 19:50
Got it working....

Trenloe
May 7th, 2015, 19:51
Got it working....
What did you do to fix it? Someone else might have a similar problem, so it would be cool to share the solution with the community. Thanks.

Falantrius
May 7th, 2015, 19:57
The issue was that only:
CTRL-X, CTRL-V and CTRL-C work - just keys I never have used in my 20 years at Microsoft.

I typically do CTRL-INSERT (to copy) and SHIFT-INSERT (to paste) or use the RIGHT CLICK menu to copy/paste.
I'm not sure why CTRL-C just started to work but it does. Clearly I was doing something wrong

Trenloe
May 7th, 2015, 20:01
Glad you sorted out the confusion.

For others who might have the same issue, and the clarify the shortcut key combinations supported, shortcut keys are documented in the wiki here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/The_Basics#Text_Fields

Falantrius
May 7th, 2015, 21:35
Glad you sorted out the confusion.

For others who might have the same issue, and the clarify the shortcut key combinations supported, shortcut keys are documented in the wiki here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/The_Basics#Text_Fields

BTW - I did go to the wiki to solve this - and searched for "Cut and Paste" - you might want to change the header of that section or add to it. Now that I know its there - I find "the Basics" and after scrolling down - I find it. Just to let you know how I ran into this as a user -

Search "Cut and Paste" returned
There were no results matching the query.

Create the page "Cut and paste" on this wiki!

Search "Paste Text" returned
Create the page "Paste text" on this wiki!

The Basics

...other location. Objects that can be dragged by default are: dice, numbers, text and window link boxes. Rulesets may create additional draggable objects. == Text Fields ==
>> And I didn't think this was what I was looking for as the text didn't say anything about it.

When I did search "Copy Text" - Search returned a lot - including the right section "The Basics" but when I opened it - it didn't look like it was anything to do with Copy and Paste so I went to the next one on CHAT WINDOW.

Not complaining - just explaining - in case you want to do anything to make it easier for future users.

I needed to scroll down on the first one to see what I needed.

Would have been nice if when I searched - it would have brought up "Text Fields" so when I clicked it on search - my answer would have been there.

mr_sunshine
July 25th, 2015, 21:53
I had this issue with webroot blocking it. Check your privacy settings. I don't use Norton so I can't guide you more than that unfortunately.

Thank you - this solved me a lot of head-scratching. For anyone else with webroot, here's the page I found with some help about this: https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Complete/Copy-Paste-Stops-Working-in-some-applications/td-p/21588

Webroot put Fantasy Grounds on the block list automatically, preventing cutting & pasting.