PDA

View Full Version : Newbie - Where Are Monster Manual/PC Custom Pack Tokens Stored?

steeldnd
May 5th, 2015, 06:29
I've been making great headway with PAR5E (thanks Zeus and thanks Xorn!), but I ran in to trouble with encounters. I have the Monster Manual module (loaded), and I tried to create some encounters in PAR5E using both parsed monsters and MM monsters. This failed, and I assumed that I would need to parse the MM monsters in order to reference them in encounters. That's working correctly now, but I have a couple of questions before I move on too far.

1. Is there a way to reference NPCs in another module (the MM, always loaded) without having to parse them along with the parsed encounters? I've already parsed what I needed, but I'm asking this for general understanding and as a possible solution to my next question.

2. I've found most of my tokens in my \AppData...\modules folder and have copied many over to my ...\input\tokens folder (working as expected), but I can't for the life of me find the MM or the large white-lettered tokens that come with the PC Customization Pack. I haven't had any call to search for the large images from the MM, but the same question would apply. Where are those loaded and how can I access them?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Zeus
May 5th, 2015, 08:35
1. You can use the Archive functionality in PAR5E to create a database of NPCs and Magic Items. You can then select archive npcs for inclusion in the parsed output. Check out the PAR5E user guide for more information on the Archive.

2. The official modules content is stored in an encrypted form inside a new FG data source, we call the Vault. Consequently you will not be able to access the raw content including tokens outside of the FG interface. Within FG the tokens should be available via the Tokens button (bottom right), you should see a bag for each module open alongside any tokens you have added to the campaign tokens folder.

steeldnd
May 5th, 2015, 16:09
Fantastic! I've skimmed the section on Archiving and it looks like just what I'd need in the future. Note to self: RTFM.

Your reply to my second question actually brings up another question. If I add the tokens within FG, then parse the module again (and again and again), will they persist? Would there be any complications? If they persist, could you please give a little explanation? I assumed that each parse would overwrite the entire module.

Thanks again for the program and for the fast response. You're a prince. Or a god, I guess.