PDA

View Full Version : NEW RACE and CLASSES

Larac
May 5th, 2015, 04:05
Got the Minos in, and the Storm Sorc.

Going to hold off on the Swash Buckler seems a bit over the top atm.

https://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/unearthed-arcana-waterborne-adventures

What do you think?

Just making the new options their own class to make things simple.
Grabbing the HP and such and putting it at the start.

Parsed fairly well.

No sharing is not allowed, sorry.

Treegreen
May 5th, 2015, 17:13
I've debated rolling the UA additions into their own separate module, but to date have just added them into my PHB instead. I just throw them in as new class options under what already exists. The races I just throw in at the bottom of my races text. Interestingly enough, the only thing my players have used outside of the default options is the Goliath.

evadgonzo
May 6th, 2015, 05:03
How would one go about rolling the UA additions into their own module? I've tried creating one with the new Waterborne one and I can't seem to get the Rogue archetype (haven't tried the sorc or fighter style yet) to work. It gets stuck on the ##;Rogue part at the beginning. I've deleted that line and the class file will parse, add it and it makes no progress.

Treegreen
May 6th, 2015, 07:26
How would one go about rolling the UA additions into their own module? I've tried creating one with the new Waterborne one and I can't seem to get the Rogue archetype (haven't tried the sorc or fighter style yet) to work. It gets stuck on the ##;Rogue part at the beginning. I've deleted that line and the class file will parse, add it and it makes no progress.

Sometimes PAR5E expects things and does not work properly if those expectations are missing. I have no idea if that is the case here, but for all we know it expects all the classes up to Rogue to be there first. That's primarily why when new things come out I just roll them into my PHB module.

evadgonzo
May 6th, 2015, 15:35
I'm using the official 5e stuff so I don't have my own PHB, otherwise I would roll it into that. I may have to have the full rogue build in the UA-Waterborne module and just put the Swashbuckler archetype there.

Larac
May 6th, 2015, 20:53
Same here so I just made it a new Class.
Works, wish I could use all I pay for but that is not how the US is, fair use is anything but here.