PDA

View Full Version : Unearthed Arcana and Elemental Evil Player Companion

JeffKnight
May 4th, 2015, 18:10
Does Smiteworks have a license to produce the Unearthed Arcana and EE Player Companion that were released free on the website?

Nylanfs
May 4th, 2015, 19:01
I believe those are in the works.

Larac
May 4th, 2015, 19:53
At the speed of a crawling WOTC :)

Seems everything has to be approved by the 4-10 person team at WOTC, many who can not seem to get out of jury duty.
Once again lawyers screwing with us.

That or they are making them preserve the gaps between launches.

someoneinatree
May 5th, 2015, 13:31
I doubt Unearthed Arcana will ever be available as official content on FG, since it is not considered official content by WoTC to start with. It's more like additional playtest material that -might- become official in future, that DMs can choose to use or adapt as they desire.

EE Player Companion will likely eventually get an official FG downloadable release though, probably at a similar price to the Basic Rules DLC.

damned
May 5th, 2015, 14:14
At the speed of a crawling WOTC :)

Seems everything has to be approved by the 4-10 person team at WOTC, many who can not seem to get out of jury duty.
Once again lawyers screwing with us.

That or they are making them preserve the gaps between launches.

Big companies like to protect themselves in layers upon layers of fluffy stuff :)
Probably the Games Designers have to approve it - usually some changes to make.
Then the marketing guys probably want to approve it to - a few more changes over there.
And then nothing but nothing goes out without legal approval - and a few more tweaks just there.

JeffKnight
May 6th, 2015, 04:19
Legal likes to bill hourly too... Even a typical in-house/retained counsel only works a set schedule of hours and no more. The legal counsel for the college I attended only worked like 10-noon 2 days a week.

Big companies like to protect themselves in layers upon layers of fluffy stuff :)
Probably the Games Designers have to approve it - usually some changes to make.
Then the marketing guys probably want to approve it to - a few more changes over there.
And then nothing but nothing goes out without legal approval - and a few more tweaks just there.