PDA

View Full Version : Savage Worlds v4.1 playtesting version available

Ikael
May 4th, 2015, 17:53
Savage Worlds v4.1 play test version is now available in test channel, ready to be play tested by you! This version adds finishing touch to v4.0 version's targeting feature. Most of the features were initially introduced in Enhanced Extensions, but now they are incorporated into core ruleset with some additions (defeated markers) and bug fixes. Help up play test this version, give us feedback and report possible issues to make it even better!

New in 4.1

[Feature] Attack type (fighting, shooting, throwing etc.) can be defined for NPC weapons
[Feature] If attack type is defined for NPC weapon the attack roll can be made from weapon line
[Feature] NPC sheet has new Powers tab-page
[Feature] When link is dropped to NPC sheet's list it will replace any empty lines
[Feature] CT effects can contain trait and damage modifiers which are applied to rolls automatically
[Feature] NPC's CT attack line contains weapons and powers
[Feature] NPC attack rolls can be made from CT attack line (in addition to making damage rolls)
[Feature] NPCs have unskilled skill entry automatically
[Feature] Option: Auto-apply Wound/Fatigue penalties value Physical is taken account when making NPC rolls
[Feature] New option: Auto-center map to active token
[Feature] New option: Targeting method. If set to "Active only/click" the targeting can only be done to currently active combatant but simple click on tokens (without CTRL key modifier) is enough to do targeting
[Feature] Attacks and powers can have own Wild Die
[Feature] Bonus Damage can be customized for attack and power damages
[Feature] Weapon fumble can be set in weapon details
[Feature] Default option values updated to match what majority uses. Some options were removed and their feature is always in use
[Feature] New option: Targeting indicator state after roll. Value can be either reset (default) or remain
[Feature] New option: Map defeated markers. When enabled defeated tokens are replaced with icons like blood splatter. NPCs and vehicles can be defined to use defeated markers
[Feature] New option: Benny Type. This can be used to change benny icon in the game. Five different benniy icons are provided by default and you can register more
[Feature] New option: Desktop Decal image. Use this option to switch desktop decal image or turn it off
[Feature] Filtering options for reference windows (edges, skills, etc.)
[Feature] Token indicators (shaken, inc, defend etc.) scale according to token size
[Dev] Register custom trait and damage modifier handlers which are applied automatically to rolls
[Dev] Register skills and their linked attribute to allow NPCs to benefit from effect modifiers
[Dev] Register own set of defeated markers and setup different type of NPCs and vehicles to use them
[Module] The most common effects are provided in Player Guide. When module is opened they are populated into effect list
[Module] The most common modifiers are provided in Player Guide. When module is opened they are populated into modifier list
[Bug] When making roll from hotkey, encumbrance penalties are not applied correctly
[Bug] Wound and Fatigue penalties were not applied to NPC rolls correctly
[Bug] Script warnings were given if character got more than 3 wounds
[Bug] Armor Piercing value did not transfer correctly to sub-attacks

Ikael
May 4th, 2015, 17:58
Ruleset v4.1 incorporated several features from enhanced extensions, and thus why when you're using v4.1 ruleset you should DISABLE following enhanced extensions:

SW Enhanced Effects (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?19202-Savage-Worlds-Enhancement-Extensions&p=152730&viewfull=1#post152730)
SW Enhanced Adventure Deck (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?19202-Savage-Worlds-Enhancement-Extensions&p=152727&viewfull=1#post152727)

The only enhanced extensions you could be using in v4.1 are:

SW Enhanced Desktop (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?19202-Savage-Worlds-Enhancement-Extensions&p=152729&viewfull=1#post152729)
SW Enhanced Library (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?19202-Savage-Worlds-Enhancement-Extensions&p=152731&viewfull=1#post152731)

Dr0W
May 5th, 2015, 01:25
Going to test it right now. Thanks :)

Dr0W
May 5th, 2015, 05:01
I was testing the new awesome death markers and got a little problem.

Ok, an NPC dies and a beautiful splash of blood appears on the ground and it's named [Removed] Npc1. Not a big problem, but when I move another NPC on top of the blood I can't target the npc that's on top of the blood, it shows up as "[Removed] NPC1" and not "NPC2". Any idea on how to deal with this and still use this feature?

Ikael
May 5th, 2015, 05:37
I was testing the new awesome death markers and got a little problem.

Ok, an NPC dies and a beautiful splash of blood appears on the ground and it's named [Removed] Npc1. Not a big problem, but when I move another NPC on top of the blood I can't target the npc that's on top of the blood, it shows up as "[Removed] NPC1" and not "NPC2". Any idea on how to deal with this and still use this feature?

First of all, you should not be seeing that name. I have never experienced similar situation. Can you type /version to chat and paste results here?

Dr0W
May 5th, 2015, 06:20
Savage Worlds Deluxe Version 4.1.0 (Build 5)
I can also select and move it freely.

Ikael
May 5th, 2015, 11:09
Savage Worlds Deluxe Version 4.1.0 (Build 5)
I can also select and move it freely.

Thanks for input! Such situation should not happen, because when you remove entry from tracker it should remove the token as well only leaving the blood marker on the map. Is this happening all the time, can you give me steps what do you do to get this situation? Are you using extensions? -- When you use /version command it will also list all extensions.

Dr0W
May 5th, 2015, 14:12
I'm using no extensions at all.
These are the steps I took:
- Created new campaign for testing
- Turned dead markers option on
- Created a new map, set up the grid on the map
- Created a new sample character, added it and a few wolves from the SW Deluxe GM Guide to the CT
- Ran a sample combat checking everything out, when a NPC died I removed it through the CT, the dead marker appeared as expected
- Noticed that I can click, move and see the name of the blood mark on the battlemap.

I'm yet to see it working as intended so I might be able to tell when I'm doing differently. I can also "select" the blood and it shows a really weird "cross" effect as shown in the picture

Mask_of_winter
May 5th, 2015, 14:26
Not sure if this is the cause but I believe you should always drop NPC's from the Library to the NPC list before adding them to the CT. Again, I'm not sure if this is still applicable.

Dr0W
May 5th, 2015, 15:55
I tried both, adding directly from the library and to the NPC list before adding them to the CT. Both do the same.
It also happens when a player character dies and gets removed.

Trenloe
May 5th, 2015, 20:28
Does it happen on a graphical map (i.e. a map from an image file) or does it just happen on a new FG non-image blank map?

Dr0W
May 5th, 2015, 20:54
Both. And yea, it was one of the first things I thought about do I had it tested.

First tried on a non-image blank map, then a map from the battlemaps module and then imported an image file myself. Tried this on a test SW campaign I use for... testing and also on a newly created campaign. Every time I can see and move the blood stains as if they were tokens. They ARE tokens, I can right click and remove it and they act just like any other tokens. There used to appear a button on the image to remove all inactive tokens and this would delete all the bloodstains, it's not appearing anymore.

So, I can say I'm the only one getting this "bug"?
The only thing I haven't tried was reinstalling the whole FG (and I won't because this isn't a deal breaker for me yet). But I can try it on another computer.
So far I can say I have FG installed on my computer from 2 different sources (original installer and then Steam, but it works fine), but I can't see where some rulesets that I buy on steam go to (the DnD ones, for example, don't show on the usual %appdata%/FG2/Modules as usual), not that this might have to do with the issue but I know any piece of info might be of help.

I'm glad to track any possible bugs down, and I'm not really concerned if I'm the only one getting it, but there might be others that experience it too. :)

Edit: Also... I remember adding to manually adding that "invisible" token to test this feature earlier (without success) and using the extension for it. I removed the original .png and I'm not using that extension either.

Ikael
May 5th, 2015, 21:00
I'm using no extensions at all.
These are the steps I took:
- Created new campaign for testing
- Turned dead markers option on
- Created a new map, set up the grid on the map
- Created a new sample character, added it and a few wolves from the SW Deluxe GM Guide to the CT
- Ran a sample combat checking everything out, when a NPC died I removed it through the CT, the dead marker appeared as expected
- Noticed that I can click, move and see the name of the blood mark on the battlemap.

I'm yet to see it working as intended so I might be able to tell when I'm doing differently. I can also "select" the blood and it shows a really weird "cross" effect as shown in the picture

I just tried to reproduce your issue, and I am not able to get anywhere near (using both image map and without). However, I might suspect that there is some map/image scale issue on your end. But anyways, the issue is very strange. Anyone else experiencing anyting like this?

Dr0W
May 5th, 2015, 22:01
Just tried deleting the Savage Worlds ruleset and letting it download again. Did not solve.
When I have time I'll make backup of my campaigns and stuff and will reinstall everything.

Green Spectre
May 16th, 2015, 16:29
This is probably a stupid question, but how do I get the 4.1 version? I purchased/currently have 4.0

Dr0W
May 16th, 2015, 18:04
Open you FG, click the Settings button, on the new window on Updates change from Live to Test, hit OK and let it update.

Remember to always backup your campaigns when you change between live and test, it might break something in your campaign.

Griogre
May 17th, 2015, 22:14
Bear in mind if you just want to game you probably should use the release version unless there is really something in the beta test you must have. Also, your players have to be on the same version as well.

CryAxe
May 19th, 2015, 02:05
How is the testing going? Is there an anticipated release date for the 4.1 update? It's great that this is being worked on, btw.

Dr0W
May 20th, 2015, 01:17
Still got the same problem, but tried this on my GF's computer and worked like a charm.

Ikael
May 28th, 2015, 13:47
Update for v4.1 test version:

[Feature] New option: Benny Type. This can be used to change benny icon in the game. Five different benniy icons are provided by default and you can register more
[Feature] New option: Desktop Decal image. Use this option to switch desktop decal image or turn it off
[Feature] Filtering options for reference windows (edges, skills, etc.)
[Feature] Token indicators (shaken, inc, defend etc.) scale according to token size

First of all CoreRPG's changeable desktop decal feature was included into SW ruleset, you can create custom decals the same way you do them in CoreRPG. In addtion to this you can also create custom bennies and GM is able to select which one to use within FG. By default 5 different benny types are provided (the ones you can see in SW Deluxe logo). See codes below how to do this. Note that you can still replace default benny icon the way you have done it till now, this is just alternative option to create set of different benny type which you can choose to from during your play.

In XML-file define two icons, benny icon and dragged benny icon:

<icon name="benny_XXX" file="PATH_TO_ICON"/>
<icon name="benny_drag_XXX" file="PATH_TO_ICON"/>

In Lua-code add new option:
OptionsManager.addOptionValue("BNIC", "GiveNameHere", "XXX")

Secondly library reference windows got slight improved filtering options. For instance list of edges has two new filtering options: keyword filtering and rank filtering. Keyword filter filters list to show only those entries that has given keywords in their name. The rank filter is dropdown menu which can be used to list only certain rank edges (novice, seasoned etc). There are also other windows that have custom filtering options, such as skill list, gear, powers etc.

Last but not least token indicator icons (shaken, inc, defend etc.) were improved to scale according to token size. Previously these icons looked good with only certain sized tokens, now they attempt to scale to token. Note that the best possible token size is still around 100 - 128px.

And about the release date, it's planned to happen when FG v3.1 become live.

Mask_of_winter
May 30th, 2015, 11:04
Great stuff man, looking forward to it.

dulux-oz
May 31st, 2015, 12:26
=> Ikael, there's an error (I think) on line 196 of your manager_desktop.lua file - it should read:

removeControlByRecordName(controlTable , recordName)

not

removeControlByRecordName(dockcontrols , recordName)

Shouldn't it?

Note: I raised this as well in this post (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?24431-Interesting-Error-When-Loading-An-Extension&p=214634&viewfull=1#post214634) but thought you might miss it, so I cross-posted here as well :)

Cheers

CryAxe
June 1st, 2015, 04:18
Thanks for the update.

Saw this on the Pinnacle site today and wondered if this was going to be included in the update.

https://www.peginc.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/SW_FAQ_May_2015.pdf

It's from the second article down, on the front page of the site, after the Kickstarter promotion.

https://www.peginc.com/

Mask_of_winter
June 1st, 2015, 04:25
The module would need updated indeed but there's nothing in the ruleset functionality that needs to be updated for you to play it that way. We've made the switch in my groups and nothing needed changed to accommodate this. It comes down to a decision really. "Is that guy still Shaken? No. Then let's click on this and remove the Shaken counter."

Mask_of_winter
June 2nd, 2015, 02:01

What do you mean by that and how does it work?

Ikael
June 2nd, 2015, 18:40

What do you mean by that and how does it work?

Middle-mouse click or right click -> Setup on Attack or Power's damagedice field to open small window to setup damage dice, armor piercing and new: damage bonus. You can setup any damage string (d6, d8, 3d6+1 etc.) and whenever you roll the dice while Damage Bonus indicator next to modifierstack is highlighted, instead of adding d6 it will add your Damage Bonus dice(s). There are some edges alter damage bonus die, and you can cope such situation with this new setup

Mask_of_winter
June 5th, 2015, 01:39
Middle-mouse click or right click -> Setup on Attack or Power's damagedice field to open small window to setup damage dice, armor piercing and new: damage bonus. You can setup any damage string (d6, d8, 3d6+1 etc.) and whenever you roll the dice while Damage Bonus indicator next to modifierstack is highlighted, instead of adding d6 it will add your Damage Bonus dice(s). There are some edges alter damage bonus die, and you can cope such situation with this new setup

Just tried it out. That's great! Neat feature. I like the benny selection and integration of the decal as well.