PDA

View Full Version : PFS 6-18 From Under Ice

xazil
May 4th, 2015, 10:21
Rumors of an ancient settlement and its priceless treasure locked beneath Irrisen’s perpetual ice have reached the Society’s ears. The Pathfinders set out to the Land of the Linnorm Kings with a precious cargo of trade goods to buy their way into the witch-ruled nation, but even approaching Irrisen is fraught with danger. Can the PCs navigate the frozen wastes and recover the relics within, or will the icy climate claim their lives?

Content in “From Under Ice” contributes directly to the Year of the Sky Key metaplot as well as the ongoing storyline of the Grand Lodge and Scarab Sages factions.

Subtiers 1-2 and 4-5

Calendar https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1411

Please post your XML and previous chronicle.

Farnaby
May 4th, 2015, 10:32
Sounds like fun. I'm in.

I'll offer up following:

Lvl 1 Investigator
Lvl 2 fire Wizard
Lvl 3 Druid (for the 4-5 tier)
Lvl 4 Witch

Victor
May 4th, 2015, 12:18
I'm in

HoloGnome
May 4th, 2015, 12:25
I can play. L1 Ifrit Sorcerer (or Oracle)

kellerech
May 4th, 2015, 12:39
Would love to get in on the action here. Level 2 Fighter Archer (with a small drink problem)

kwarner1986
May 4th, 2015, 17:32
Looks like I weasel in as #6.

I'll bring Victoria (Wizard 2 or Evelyn Sorcerer 3) or could this be the premiere of Arnold Cobblestien!

Victor
May 4th, 2015, 20:54
Would love to get in on the action here. Level 2 Fighter Archer (with a small drink problem)

Sounds like he just needs a bigger glass, no more problem. :)

Victor
May 4th, 2015, 23:17
Looks like I weasel in as #6.

Rivver is #5 and on the calendar. putting this in for her.

I can bring:
Bramble L3 Ranger
Grimdahl L1 Fighter
Someone New, probably a straight up Cleric.

I'm good with any of those.

rogerv
May 5th, 2015, 00:37
Looks like I may have missed out, but available if a space becomes free

xazil
May 5th, 2015, 01:17
Looks like I may have missed out, but available if a space becomes free

No problems, the sign-ups fill up fast. You are the first reserve.

kwarner1986
May 5th, 2015, 06:59
Looking at the roster thus far: Since it appears we are locked in tier 1-2

Farnaby
Fire Wizard or Investigator
Range Damage/Knowledge or Knowledge/Rogue Skills?

Rivver
Lori
Healer/Support/Party Face?

Victor
Grimdahl
Melee Fighter?

Holognome
Unnamed
Sorcerer or Oracle Damage/Support/Party Face?

kellerech
Fighter Archer
Ranged Damage

Looking at how things are shaping up, it's up to Farnaby on what I play.

If he brings his Investigator, I'll bring Icky Vickie.

If he brings his Fire Wizard, I'll create a new ninja. TBA?

Victor
May 5th, 2015, 08:30
Yeah, Grimdahl is a melee fighter, a bit more balanced than my usual tho with only a 16 Str. He is also Core and coming over so will take some tweaking.

cmdisc
May 5th, 2015, 09:07
Sorta off topic, but since you mentioned CORE, how are the CORE sessions? When Paizo first released it, there seemed to be a warm welcome here, but I haven't seen too many sessions being offered with it since.

xazil
May 5th, 2015, 09:16
Sorta off topic, but since you mentioned CORE, how are the CORE sessions? When Paizo first released it, there seemed to be a warm welcome here, but I haven't seen too many sessions being offered with it since.
Depends who you ask a lot I think. There are both pro's and con's for it. I think the main issue is we have only a 1-2 games per week running on PFS here so the fracture of characters into two streams is problematical. I think the majority of people here liked non-core more so everyone sort of stayed put after those initial games. As an aside although I ran both a core and non-core at FG-Con and got about the same amount of response.

Victor
May 5th, 2015, 09:31

I would have to say I am not enamored with it. I have moved my 3 Core PCs over to regular PFS now. I can't be too specific on why, altho I have written and rewritten this trying to come up with something.

cmdisc
May 5th, 2015, 10:05
K. Just wondering because I have a shield-bashing fighter that I was interested in getting off the drawing board. He was built as CORE, but I've only ever seen a few sessions offered and nothing recently aside from the CON. Maybe I'll redesign him for standard PFS.

kwarner1986
May 5th, 2015, 22:53
I would love to see more CORE games, but to some it's blasphemy to use only one source book. I think it makes the game more challenging.

cmdisc
May 6th, 2015, 06:15
BTW Victor, we must think very much alike at times. I create a Gunslinger named Ozburn and I see Coburn running around on these threads. Now I see Grimdahl making a presence and I can only think of Grimwell my alchemist and Grumgul my new barbarian tank.

Are we pulling names from the same book? :p

Victor
May 6th, 2015, 07:11
BTW Victor, we must think very much alike at times. I create a Gunslinger named Ozburn and I see Coburn running around on these threads. Now I see Grimdahl making a presence and I can only think of Grimwell my alchemist and Grumgul my new barbarian tank.

Are we pulling names from the same book? :p

LoL! I have had the username Grimnir (alt name for Odin) for a long time and liked the 'Dahl" ending, thinking of Heimdahl (That gate guard dude), so when Heimrik (Xazil) and Grimdahl play together, it gets confusing. Oh yea, and he is my Uncle. :) got it now?

The shorter answer is GMTA. Always knew you were on the ball.

Trenloe
May 6th, 2015, 15:18
CORE certainly has it's place. I've seen it picked up well in regular face-to-face groups who then run scenarios specifically targeted at the semi-regular group. For the more "pick up, bring any character you want" type of game CORE struggles.

The two big things about CORE are: the GM doesn't need to do as much scenario preparation/checking of PCs (either before or during the game)/reading of rules; the player just need to look at a couple of books (core rulebook, the web trait enhancement and the PFS guide). With a third advantage of being able to replay scenarios you've played before for credit in the CORE campaign.

The disadvantages are really: less options/classes/feats/spells/etc..; finding a purely CORE set of characters at the right level outside of low tiers (as that is mostly where the majority of CORE campaign characters are at - levels 1-2); being locked into the CORE campaign and not being able to play in a normal game without losing the ability to play in the CORE campaign.

As I said, CORE has it's place, but it struggles to find a place in our community as it's not really a great fit here - unless a group of like minded players and GMs decide to string a set of CORE scenarios together.

Farnaby
May 6th, 2015, 21:10
Here's Cassilda a lvl 1 Investigator:

She's playing tomorrow, but will still be level 1.
I'll get you the chronicle as soon as possible.

xazil
May 7th, 2015, 23:39
If you haven't emailed me or already attached your XMLs please can you get them too me prior to start.

kwarner1986
May 8th, 2015, 08:10
I have a long list of things I bought prior to this game. Already fixed.

xazil
May 8th, 2015, 08:12
If you are doing a lot please submit a pre-chronicle after we finish. Makes it less likely I will mess up. :)

kwarner1986
May 8th, 2015, 08:13
It will be done, but my Tracking Sheet has everything that was done.

cmdisc
May 8th, 2015, 08:56
Tracking sheets are nice. I have a custom Excel spreadsheet I use that keeps everything nice and neat. But as a GM I always like the pre-chronicles from players. That or extensive notes on the PC's Notes Tab to show purchases. It makes things so much easier when I can just copy over. Fewer mistakes that way when I don't have to dig through emails or thread posts to remember who bought what.

Speaking of, Kyle, any luck with those corrections for Icebound Outpost's Chronicle? Or need more time?

kwarner1986
May 8th, 2015, 08:58
Oh, ballocks thanks for the reminder. I completely forgot about Archer. I'll wrap her up in a nice bow after tomorrow's game.

cmdisc
May 8th, 2015, 09:00
Punny! :p

kellerech
May 8th, 2015, 09:50
Attached is Borosan xml, last chronicle and inventory tracker. Just a couple of purchases.

Look forward to later

xazil
May 8th, 2015, 14:37
I have loaded up what I have and the server is up. Please jump on to check your details are all correct before start time.

Farnaby
May 9th, 2015, 01:01
Here's Cassilda's pre-chron:

I also completed 2 faction goals:

Adventure in a nation other than Absalom. You may only receive credit for visiting a particular nation once.
Checking one of this goal’s boxes does not prevent you from checking one box for a different goal.

Complete at least three consecutive scenarios in which you completed both the primary and secondary success conditions.
Sanctioned adventures that do not include secondary success conditions neither interrupt not contribute to this goal.

This is my 3rd.

kwarner1986
May 9th, 2015, 03:53
Here's Vicky's. No faction goals as I'm switching her to Sovereign Court after next session.

kellerech
May 9th, 2015, 22:54
Thanks for the game last night. Enjoyed myself and that brings Borosan up to 3rd at least now. DO you need anything else from me for the chronicle?

kellerech
May 10th, 2015, 00:10
Borosans prechronicle attached

xazil
May 10th, 2015, 02:54
Here is your finished chronicle. Give me a heads up if you have any issues and I can adjust it.

Thanks again for playing.

HoloGnome
May 10th, 2015, 16:06
Thanks for the game! :) Sent you all the pre info for Haraq.

Faction Goal: Recover a gem worth at least 400 gp plus 100 gp per level you possess during an adventure.