PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars: Edge of the Empire - Library modules

Trenloe
May 4th, 2015, 04:07
In conjunction with the release of the Star Wars: Edge of the Empire ruleset is the Player Library module, including most player character related information and items from the Edge of the Empire and Age of Rebellion rulebooks.

Note: In order to avoid copyright infringement, any descriptions will only include a reference to the page number in the relevant rulebook.

Download a basic Player Library module (attached below).

And see further library links in post #2 below.

Trenloe
May 4th, 2015, 04:34
Player Library v2.0 here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?24150-Star-Wars-Edge-of-the-Empire-Library-modules&p=336494&viewfull=1#post336494

Encounter library module available here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?24150-Star-Wars-Edge-of-the-Empire-Library-modules&p=241032&viewfull=1#post241032

Thanks Miekael, amazing work!

Trenloe
May 4th, 2015, 04:34
I've created a couple of videos that show how to add your own data to libraries for this ruleset - links below. these are Full HD and show detailed text so you may find it easier, and better quality, to download the videos and play them locally.

See this video for steps on how to add to an existing library module: https://www.dropbox.com/s/x86mpzyg5pcgl1x/Star%20Wars%20-%20Player%20Library%20update.mp4?dl=1

This shows how, in less than 10 minutes, you can add entries into the existing player module, available here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?24150-Star-Wars-Edge-of-the-Empire-Library-modules&p=336494&viewfull=1#post336494

It shows how you can copy/paste existing entries as examples and enter the data for the new record. Don't be put off by this not being in a spreadsheet or fancy database GUI - the information is a database format, using industry standard XML, and it's really just a case of copy/paste and change the data that's needed. I show this for two example talents in the video. The only "IT skills" you need are being able to extract a ZIP file, copy/paste plain text, re-zip a file and rename it (change the file extension).

If you'd rather create data in the FG interface, see this video (that expands on the first video) for further details on how to enter data directly into the FG interface and then export for use in modules: https://www.dropbox.com/s/k3f3asjswxxttcc/Star%20Wars%20-%20FG%20interface%20data%20export.mp4?dl=0

AstaSyneri
May 4th, 2015, 09:04
woohoo. Just in time for tomorrow night's first session. Will have to see how to integrate my races into the new library, but from what I see at first glance, I could run both libraries in parallel, so there is no hurry.

Thank you very much!

jaydarkson
May 7th, 2015, 20:01
I was wondering if there was a guide or step by step process to editing this for personal use. For example, going into the module and replacing "see page X" with actual text from the book. Also adding and modifying existing entries as well. I tried using this guide (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?21762-Creating-a-new-spells-module-3-5e-PFRPG) and was unsuccessful on many attempts.

Trenloe
May 7th, 2015, 20:05
I was wondering if there was a guide or step by step process to editing this for personal use. For example, going into the module and replacing "see page X" with actual text from the book. Also adding and modifying existing entries as well. I tried using this guide (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?21762-Creating-a-new-spells-module-3-5e-PFRPG) and was unsuccessful on many attempts.
No guide at present. It's something that is on the list of things to do, but it's very low down on the list. So don't expect anything in the next few months.

It's a case of opening up the XML and having a look. All objects have an entry in the <library> section - compare the structure with the layout in the actual library. Also, for tables, these are listed in the <lists> section, with links to the detailed object data in the <library> section.

If you want to replace the page references with action text just search through the module for page references and replace the text.

If you follow steps 1-3 and 13 (at the end after modifying db.xml) of Callum's post you reference, this gives you the steps to unzip the module data and repackage it.

jaydarkson
May 8th, 2015, 10:30
If you follow steps 1-3 and 13 (at the end after modifying db.xml) of Callum's post you reference, this gives you the steps to unzip the module data and repackage it.

Oddly enough, I did this and it is not showing up after I put it back in the module folder. It isn't even an option to select.

Mask_of_winter
May 8th, 2015, 10:37
Looks like you haven't zipped it correctly.

jaydarkson
May 8th, 2015, 12:07
Looks like you haven't zipped it correctly.

You're right. After reading this I saw that I was getting my .rar & .zip files mixed up. Thanks!

Talen
June 15th, 2015, 04:36
Trenloe, Our Sunday group is having a lot of fun running SW with your ruleset and player module - Thanks as always. do you still have plans to release a GM module?

Trenloe
June 15th, 2015, 05:35
Trenloe, Our Sunday group is having a lot of fun running SW with your ruleset and player module - Thanks as always. do you still have plans to release a GM module?
Glad you're having fun with some Star Wars.

I'm definitely planning on releasing a GM module, it's just taking time to get it all correctly done...

jaydarkson
July 13th, 2015, 04:46
Any reason my players can't see the SW Player's Library? They are saying that it is "greyed out". I've opened the book like normal and placed the green check mark in place.

Trenloe
July 16th, 2015, 22:23
Any reason my players can't see the SW Player's Library? They are saying that it is "greyed out". I've opened the book like normal and placed the green check mark in place.
Make sure you're using the library mod linked in post #1 - "Star Wars Player Library". Don't use the older "Star Wars EotE/AoR Player Library" - the / causes issues sharing with players.

Miekael
August 9th, 2015, 01:39
Starship/Vehicle library has been updated, see post #2 for link.

Trenloe
August 9th, 2015, 01:41
Vehicle mod updated. Get it here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?24151-Star-Wars-Edge-of-the-Empire-Age-of-Rebellion-Force-and-Destiny-v2-ruleset&p=225552&viewfull=1#post225552

Thanks loads to Miekael! :)

Miekael
September 7th, 2015, 01:43
Just wanted to post this here as well, I present the Star Wars Equipment Library (https://www.dropbox.com/s/12lazzvcavh1voc/Star%20Wars%20Equipment%20Library.mod?dl=0) V1 complete with all the gear, guns, and armor you will need to survive the Star Wars galaxy. I have also updated the Starship and Vehicle Library (https://www.dropbox.com/s/8nsq2u7kmx3vjn4/Star%20Wars%20Starships%20and%20Vehicles.mod?dl=0) . One thing to note, you will notice some new duplicate entries from the additions to Desperate Allies. These entries will now be the default stats since DA is the latest release, however, I did not omit the older entries from Fly Casual and Far Horizons instead they can be found listed under their own version. This way GMs can decide which one to use for their campaign. Look for a V1 release of the encounter library soon.

Miekael
September 8th, 2015, 02:09
I present V1 of the Star Wars GM Encounter Library (https://www.dropbox.com/s/gclyjmh47sgk233/Star%20Wars%20GM%20Encounter%20Library.mod?dl=0). Complete with stats across all the core/source books covering adversaries and creatures alike. Also inside several premade templates for creating npcs of different species, as well as inquisitor templates (career templates coming soon.) Along with ability and talent lists, this package has just about everything a GM could need to create encounters on the fly.

Lobosolo
September 9th, 2015, 01:32
You are working overtime Miekael! Thank you so much for all the hard work. Your modules make things a lot easier. I know I am not alone in thanking you for your efforts.

Happy gaming,
Lobosolo

CryAxe
September 10th, 2015, 21:15
Is there a single post that lists all of the FFG SW extensions and keeps them up to date? Some of these extensions are getting rapid updates.

Trenloe
September 10th, 2015, 21:22
Is there a single post that lists all of the FFG SW extensions and keeps them up to date? Some of these extensions are getting rapid updates.
Post #1 of this thread, but I need to update it.

And, in FG terms, these are modules not extensions. ;)

Extensions are different, and found here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?25515-Star-Wars-Edge-of-the-Empire-ruleset-extensions

:)

CryAxe
September 10th, 2015, 21:30
Ahh, thanks. I've seen some mods updated daily and just want to make sure that I have all of the latest versions. You, Miekael and other contributers have done some great work and it's much appreciated.

Miekael
November 26th, 2015, 19:18
V2.0 Player library available here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?24150-Star-Wars-Edge-of-the-Empire-Library-modules&p=336494&viewfull=1#post336494

Happy Thanksgiving everyone, back again today with another update to the libraries I finished last night. Last, but certainly not least, the Encounter Library (https://www.dropbox.com/s/gclyjmh47sgk233/Star%20Wars%20GM%20Encounter%20Library.mod?dl=0) has seen another fresh injection of entries in many areas as I complete my rounds of compiling adventures. Enjoy everyone, happy gaming

Older modules, now replaced by the v2.0 player library linked above.

First up is the Starship/Vehicle Library (https://www.dropbox.com/s/8nsq2u7kmx3vjn4/Star%20Wars%20Starships%20and%20Vehicles.mod?dl=0) which only received minor updates, most notably some errata corrections on a few shuttles. Next we have the Equipment Library (https://www.dropbox.com/s/12lazzvcavh1voc/Star%20Wars%20Equipment%20Library.mod?dl=0) which also received a few new entries, and if I am not mistaken this should be the first appearance of the new weapon tables.

Lobosolo
November 30th, 2015, 17:50
Thank you Miekael. Your work makes running a EOTE Campaign so much easier. Happy Thanksgiving!

Xydonus
December 1st, 2015, 22:45
Has anyone else experienced issues with the sharing of the library with other players since the last update?

acseric
December 10th, 2015, 15:58
Have these libraries been updated with Force and Destiny yet?

Miekael
December 10th, 2015, 23:21
Have these libraries been updated with Force and Destiny yet?

For the most part yes, although I am not sure about the player library, but I did get the talent names and page references done from F&D and placed them as part of the NPC Customization in the Encounter Library. I also sent a copy of the updates to Trenloe for his player library but I am unaware if he has updated it or not.

Alydar
December 12th, 2015, 14:05
Miekael,
Your continued work on this is awesome!

Miekael
December 12th, 2015, 22:29
Miekael,
Your continued work on this is awesome!

Thank you, I enjoy putting these together, and they help so much for speeding up game play especially when your party likes to go off rails and sand box. Also, if anyone notices wrong stats from the book just let me know here, I have come across and fixed a couple already and have already stumbled upon another error while working on Mon Calamari ships from Strongholds of Resistance. I believe the Liberty has an incorrect weapons load out, but I have already made the correction to my work in progress file.

As for a current road map, I haven't done too much with SoR yet with Keeping the Peace days from release I plan to wait until after I picked up that book before I compose my next update. Currently I am finishing up a personal library that won't be released to you guys (sorry), and then I will be back at it with more updates to these. After that, if I manage it, I'll compile my campaign settings into libraries. These are pretty much just house rules, and reskins, to play in themes outside of the rebellion era. I have a couple set in the early Rise of the Empire era (including one were the party is Imperial Intelligence), one set during the Old Republic Cold War, and another geared towards a piracy/privateer style of play.

Miekael
February 5th, 2016, 09:44
Back again everyone to bring you another update. Today we welcome Keeping the Peace into the libraries, so look for new gear, talents, vehicles, etc. Might even be a few goodies from Strongholds in there as well. I plan to have another update rather quickly, with Lead by Example being released and being in demand by one of my players, I look to be adding that real soon, enjoy folks, happy gaming! The links to the libraries can be found at this (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?24150-Star-Wars-Edge-of-the-Empire-Library-modules&p=241032&viewfull=1#post241032) post.

Miekael
February 14th, 2016, 01:30
Hey everyone I am glad to be back again to announce that Lead by Example has been updated into the libraries. Along with the last of the currently released career books, the player options from Strongholds has also made its way into this update. So look forward to new gear and transportation entries all around, along as several new talents and species templates updated into the encounter library. Next on my to do list is to complete my rounds of SoR, along with Chronicles of the Gatekeeper and Mask of the Pirate Queen, for more adversary entries. As always the links can be found in the posts above, enjoy, and happy gaming!

ghalgor
February 21st, 2016, 11:53
Not sure what I have done wrong but the only species and special abilities I can get in the library are droid, gand, trandoshan and wookie. Any ideas on what I might have done wrong?

Trenloe
February 22nd, 2016, 03:17
Not sure what I have done wrong but the only species and special abilities I can get in the library are droid, gand, trandoshan and wookie. Any ideas on what I might have done wrong?
That is the basic module linked in post #1. The expanded modules are linked in post #2.

ghalgor
February 22nd, 2016, 03:50
Thanks

ghalgor
February 25th, 2016, 03:19
How do I add tokens to the adverseries etc while using the improved GM module?

Can't delete my response but I think I have found out what I was doing wrong

Trenloe
February 25th, 2016, 03:38
How do I add tokens to the adverseries etc while using the improved GM module?
You can't directly edit the module, but you can drag the NPC to the campaign NPC list and add a token to the NPC there, or drag the NPC to the combat tracker and add the token there before adding to the map. Both of these options are purely for the campaign you are working on.

If you *really* want the tokens in the module then you'll have to do some XML editing of the base module.

Miekael
March 5th, 2016, 08:00
Hey Everyone, back again with another update to the libraries. This time I am pleased to announce that both the equipment and vehicle libraries received several new entries, bring them up to contain all the books released prior to Nexus of Power. Along with that, the encounter library also received a few new entries to it covering adversaries from Chronicles of the Gatekeeper as well as a few small surprises. With the new book hitting shelves soon, and another that is coming down the pipeline, it might be awhile before the next update. I may trickle in more adversaries to get the encounter library on par with the other two, but I wouldn't expect anything major to hit the equipment/vehicle libraries until sometime after the release of Special Modifications. As always, enjoy, and the libraries can be found here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?24150-Star-Wars-Edge-of-the-Empire-Library-modules&p=241032&viewfull=1#post241032). Happy Gaming!

Talley Darkstar
March 6th, 2016, 05:42
Hey Everyone, back again with another update to the libraries. This time I am pleased to announce that both the equipment and vehicle libraries received several new entries, bring them up to contain all the books released prior to Nexus of Power. Along with that, the encounter library also received a few new entries to it covering adversaries from Chronicles of the Gatekeeper as well as a few small surprises. With the new book hitting shelves soon, and another that is coming down the pipeline, it might be awhile before the next update. I may trickle in more adversaries to get the encounter library on par with the other two, but I wouldn't expect anything major to hit the equipment/vehicle libraries until sometime after the release of Special Modifications. As always, enjoy, and the libraries can be found here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?24150-Star-Wars-Edge-of-the-Empire-Library-modules&p=241032&viewfull=1#post241032). Happy Gaming!

Thank you Miekael, your work is excellent!

Xydonus
March 6th, 2016, 08:18
Awesome work as always Miekael, and very much appreciated!

pauljmendoza
March 6th, 2016, 08:33
Nice :) Thank you!

Lobosolo
March 6th, 2016, 08:51
Again...many thanks for updating these. Well done.

Miekael
March 13th, 2016, 00:31
Well guys it is that time again, a small but notable update, adversaries from Strongholds of Resistance have been compiled into the Encounter library. This leaves just Mask of the Pirate Queen to go through on the adversary side of things. After that, I plan on picking up the next couple of new releases, Nexus of Power and Special Modifications, however it might be another month or so before I do since I might wait for Savage Spirits to release so I can get that shipping charge dropped. Until then, happy gaming everyone, do enjoy, and as always you can find all the libraries here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?24150-Star-Wars-Edge-of-the-Empire-Library-modules&p=241032&viewfull=1#post241032).

EDIT: Also I forgot, both the equipment and starship libraries received some minor updates/corrections, so make sure you download all three to be up to date.

Talley Darkstar
March 15th, 2016, 20:09
Thanks Miekael!

Miekael
March 17th, 2016, 07:43
One more before the weekend guys, I have gone through the Mask of the Pirate Queen and have added numerous entries (mostly creatures) to the Encounters library. I am still up in the air as to whether or not I will be adding the generic Sorority Pirate adversaries into the library. They do make for some good additions to pirate npcs, however, since the Sorority has never been mentioned before in cannon/EU (from what I can tell at least) at the moment I feel they don't quite fit the profile for being added. I may later change my mind about this, but for now I consider the entries to be specific to the adventure alone. See two post up for the link to the libraries, as for Equipment/Starship libraries there are no new changes since the last update, so if you got them already you will only need to get the Encounters library to be up to date.

Several new books on the horizon, I imagine in about a month I will have all the new released material and I will be working on compiling those into the libraries. Enjoy everyone, happy gaming!

Miekael
March 20th, 2016, 17:05
I came across an error during play yesterday in the encounter library (forgot the wampa skills!) this has been corrected and updated into the Encounter Library, see the top of the page for links.

Xydonus
March 20th, 2016, 18:51
Awesome work Miekael, it's very much appreciated. This is a huge massive time saver for myself.

Cheers!

Miekael
March 21st, 2016, 02:24
Awesome work Miekael, it's very much appreciated. This is a huge massive time saver for myself.

Cheers!
Your very welcome, I know the feeling too, my PCs are way too inventive to plan out much in advance, and they lead me in circles that would require several breaks through play so I can thumb through the books/cards. Glad you guys are getting great uses out of these.

Lobosolo
March 22nd, 2016, 19:21
Miekael,

Thanks for everything that you do to make this easier. I currently put all my info into OggDude's creator and keep it up to date with each book. What is the best way for me to get that info into your module? If I edit the XML, I can do it, but then I have to do it all again whenever you post an update. I can keep my own copy of the modules, but then I have to go through each entry to check and see if it is a new entry and then add them into my custom module with the descriptions, etc.

I am willing to do the work of entering the info to protect the copywright, but I just don't want to do it over and over again.

Is there a better way? If I export the data from my Oggdude creator, is there a way to run a parser for the descriptions?

How do you do it? Do you just keep two separate copies of the module?

Lobosolo

Miekael
March 22nd, 2016, 20:52
Miekael,

Thanks for everything that you do to make this easier. I currently put all my info into OggDude's creator and keep it up to date with each book. What is the best way for me to get that info into your module? If I edit the XML, I can do it, but then I have to do it all again whenever you post an update. I can keep my own copy of the modules, but then I have to go through each entry to check and see if it is a new entry and then add them into my custom module with the descriptions, etc.

I am willing to do the work of entering the info to protect the copywright, but I just don't want to do it over and over again.

Is there a better way? If I export the data from my Oggdude creator, is there a way to run a parser for the descriptions?

How do you do it? Do you just keep two separate copies of the module?

Lobosolo

I have done exactly what your are talking about myself. I have a custom talent and force ability file for Oggdude that has the info and I have converted it over to this ruleset. How I did it was just to copy and paste the description entries. The only catch is the code is slightly different, for example to bold something in Oggdude, you use [B]text[b] but in the FG modules you have to use <b>text</b>. The second hiccup is the dice symbols, in Oggdude advantage is done with [AD] but in FG it is (without spaces) & # 2 5 1 ; so that needs to be converted as well. Pretty much for this I just used the find/replace feature of my text editor to make the quick adjustments after coping over the descriptions. I use open office for editing the library modules so it makes it easy. Unfortunately it does have to be done one entry at a time for the descriptions themselves. I purposely used the same <key></key> entry on Oggdude's generator to name the talents in the Encounter library to make cross referencing easier. Here is an example of Oggdude and FG for the Adversary talent:

Oggdude

<Talent>
<Key>ADV</Key>
<Name>Adversary</Name>
<Description>Copy and replace this text only.</Description>
<Ranked>true</Ranked>
<ActivationValue>taPassive</ActivationValue>
</Talent>

FG

<ADV>
<classname type="string">talent</classname>
<name type="string">Adversary</name>
<description type="formattedtext">Copy and replace this text only.</description>
<ranked type="string">ranked</ranked>
<activation type="string">Passive</activation>
</ADV>
As you can see the only thing you need to copy over is the description, then convert any symbol/text code. Here (https://www.dropbox.com/s/5vhetwzititimt1/FG%20dice%20codes.txt?dl=0) is a file I use to keep track of the dice codes for FG, the only thing we don't have is a symbol for a force point (the half black and white symbol) in which case I just use a Lightside/Darkside in my library to represent this.

When it comes to the libraries themselves, I have a personal library with the added info that my players and I use, and I keep the entries in the GM Encounter library with the page descriptions for release to you guys. When I input new entries into the GM Encounter library, I then copy/paste those into my private library and fill in the descriptions manually. Once you get a private library up to date with your entries keeping on top of newly released descriptions becomes much less of a chore since each career book only has a handful of new talents. I hope this helps, any more questions feel free to ask.

EDIT: Just to add, when I do input new entries into the GM Encounter library I put them at the very bottom so if you open the GM Encounter library and search for <!-- Talents it will take you to the top of the list, then you can search for </entries> to get to the bottom of the list quickly.

Lobosolo
March 23rd, 2016, 01:32
Awesome walk-through Miekael. I will give it a whirl. Much appreciated!

Lobo

Chorpa
March 25th, 2016, 13:35
Anyone else having trouble downloading the Player Library module? The error I get is listed below. Hopefully it is only a temporary problem. I will try again tomorrow.

Error (429)
This account's links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!

Trenloe
March 25th, 2016, 13:45
Anyone else having trouble downloading the Player Library module? The error I get is listed below. Hopefully it is only a temporary problem. I will try again tomorrow.
Updated the attachment in post#1.

Chorpa
March 25th, 2016, 23:27
Updated the attachment in post#1.

Yup! Now it worked. Thanks. :D

Miekael
April 7th, 2016, 21:34
Well guys I just couldn't resist the Special Modifications sourcebook when I was at the FLGS last week so I picked it up ahead of schedule. All the libraries have been updated to include the new book material (still no Nexus of Power yet). The only thing that has not been updated from Special Modifications is the talent entries in the Encounter library. I am waiting for Oggdude to update so I can match the code and make it easier for all you guys that add custom descriptions. Enjoy everybody, happy gaming, and as always all three libraries can be found here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?24150-Star-Wars-Edge-of-the-Empire-Library-modules&p=241032&viewfull=1#post241032https://).

Xydonus
April 8th, 2016, 18:37
Well guys I just couldn't resist the Special Modifications sourcebook when I was at the FLGS last week so I picked it up ahead of schedule. All the libraries have been updated to include the new book material (still no Nexus of Power yet). The only thing that has not been updated from Special Modifications is the talent entries in the Encounter library. I am waiting for Oggdude to update so I can match the code and make it easier for all you guys that add custom descriptions. Enjoy everybody, happy gaming, and as always all three libraries can be found here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?24150-Star-Wars-Edge-of-the-Empire-Library-modules&p=241032&viewfull=1#post241032https://).

Did I say I love you? :D

Tysmiha
May 15th, 2016, 19:23
That is the basic module linked in post #1. The expanded modules are linked in post #2.

Trenloe, I'm having the same issue with species that Ghalgor mentioned. Post #2 just points to Miekael's post with the other three modules. Am I missing something or is there another location to look for an expanded Player Library mod?

Miekael
May 15th, 2016, 19:49
Trenloe, I'm having the same issue with species that Ghalgor mentioned. Post #2 just points to Miekael's post with the other three modules. Am I missing something or is there another location to look for an expanded Player Library mod?

What he means by expanded modules are the ones I created. The GM Encounter module has tons of adversaries from nearly all the published material, but also inside it you will find expanded talents and special abilities, conditions that can be drag/dropped onto PC/NPCs, along with species and inquisitor templates, and force powers. These can be found in the GM Tools and NPC Customization Tools subsections. As far as I know, Trenloe hasn't expanded the Player Library to include anything more than the basic information it contained.

Tysmiha
May 15th, 2016, 19:53
Ah, that helps my understanding. I see the templates that you have in the GM Tools. Thanks Miekael!

Miekael
May 15th, 2016, 20:31
Your welcome, also I forgot to mention, I did update the modules last night. They do not contain anything new, just some error corrections I had made while running sessions the last month with my group.

Trenloe
May 15th, 2016, 21:11
As far as I know, Trenloe hasn't expanded the Player Library to include anything more than the basic information it contained.
Correct, I haven't expanded it beyond basic info from the EotE and AoR rulebooks.

You do a much better job at making modules than me! :D

AstaSyneri
May 16th, 2016, 13:07
Back to Star Wars after a long hiatus. Played with offline with some old friends last night - but since we only see each other really once per year, we want to take further adventures to FG.

I updated my ruleset to 2+ and downloaded Miekal's mods. I only See a "Star Wars Player Library" and a "Star Wars EotE/AoR Library" in the Add Library window, though. Am I missing something here? What else do I have to do?

Trenloe
May 16th, 2016, 15:45
I updated my ruleset to 2+ and downloaded Miekal's mods. I only See a "Star Wars Player Library" and a "Star Wars EotE/AoR Library" in the Add Library window, though. Am I missing something here? What else do I have to do?
I've just done a check - downloaded the Vehicle module and it's available for me in a "Star Wars EotE" ruleset campaign. Make sure you restart FG after copying the module over to the FG modules folder.

AstaSyneri
May 17th, 2016, 12:31
That's strange.

These are the only mods I am seeing. And yes, the Vehicle Guide mod is in the mod folder. :(

Version says V2.0.1b (FG 3.0.12+) released Star Wars Day 2015.

damned
May 17th, 2016, 13:24
Is the file .MOD or .mod? I saw an issue today with an extension file that somehow ended up .EXT and wouldnt display.

Trenloe
May 17th, 2016, 14:42
These are the only mods I am seeing. And yes, the Vehicle Guide mod is in the mod folder. :(

Version says V2.0.1b (FG 3.0.12+) released Star Wars Day 2015.
v2.1 is the most recent release - there will be a change in graphics, the most noticeable being a gold border around the chat window.

Make sure the campaign you're loading is for a ruleset called "Star Wars EotE" and check that you don't have a ruleset directory of the same name.

AstaSyneri
May 20th, 2016, 09:00
v2.1 is the most recent release - there will be a change in graphics, the most noticeable being a gold border around the chat window.

Make sure the campaign you're loading is for a ruleset called "Star Wars EotE" and check that you don't have a ruleset directory of the same name.

I redownloaded the ruleset (dropbox is overloaded, hence the alternative link) and it still says V2.0.1b in the Text box. Either it is the new version, but the text is not updated, or the alternative link doesn't download the newest version or I am missing something here... :(.

Interestingly I put all the library modules into a subdirectory, but the two modules above still show up in my (old) test save game. Is something wrong with my directories?

In the same vein my test campaigns as well as the "real" one I have already entered NPCs for doesn't appear in C:\Users\MyUserName\AppData\Roaming\Fantasy Grounds II\campaigns.

WTH?

Trenloe
May 20th, 2016, 13:59
@AstaSyneri I've double checked the ruleset download link and it's the correct v2.1 download (with the new graphics etc.).

When you first launch FG click the folder icon in the top right of the main launch screen - this will take you to the FG data directories. Make sure it is here (\rulesets, \modules, etc.) where you are putting the ruleset and modules.

Check for a directory in \rulesets called "Star Wars EotE" - delete that if it exists.

AstaSyneri
May 20th, 2016, 17:16
There indeed seem to be two different directories... Did this 2nd one appear due to the Steam version (I am using the stand-alone)?

Thanks for the very quick help - I'll try updating from this directory!

AstaSyneri
May 23rd, 2016, 12:44
I fail to understand why there were two parallel directories, but this indeed was the reason.

I installed the new version (2.1) and it works.

The one module I haven't put it (because I didn't have a new version) is the Star Wars EotE Library.mod - is that still relevant (still need to look through all those mods - so much new content! :D)?

Edit: Saw your post on page 2 now - so it looks like the libraries visible in the screen shot above are all I need. On to the next problems... ;-)

Miekael
May 23rd, 2016, 17:50
Glad you got it worked out, AstaSyneri.

Just a heads up, still waiting for OggDude to update his character generator before I put in the updates for Special Modifications talents. Once that is ready to go, I will work on an updated version of the Player Library to include the talent entries, species templates, and abilities. Question for the community, what else would you like to see in the player library? I thought about rolling in the equipment library, but it works as a stand alone, I figured I would get some input from you all before I made a final decision.

AstaSyneri
May 23rd, 2016, 18:24
Our next session is tomorrow, so I'll have to cut things short a bit. Fortunately the players had their star ship almost blown out under them before they escaped into hyperspace (the usual, haha), so I have a good reason to have the ship dump them in a random region of space... :D

Thanks for all your work, Miekael - it's great to have all those talents/abilities and equipment at your fingertips instead of having to enter everything myself - GMing is time-consuming enough without having to do all the manual chores ;-).

Miekael
May 23rd, 2016, 18:35
Our next session is tomorrow, so I'll have to cut things short a bit. Fortunately the players had their star ship almost blown out under them before they escaped into hyperspace (the usual, haha), so I have a good reason to have the ship dump them in a random region of space... :D

Thanks for all your work, Miekael - it's great to have all those talents/abilities and equipment at your fingertips instead of having to enter everything myself - GMing is time-consuming enough without having to do all the manual chores ;-).

I feel you there, at the end of the sessions I typically have my players spend their XP through OggDude and sent me the character and it takes just a few minutes to update their sheets in FG. This is why I love the program so much, the drag and drop functionality is so convenient versus other ways of online play like Roll20. Although I never tried Roll20 as a paid subscription, but even if that did mimic FG, I would have spent three times as much by now. Definitely worth the price of admission if you ask me.

AstaSyneri
May 24th, 2016, 23:02
I feel you there, at the end of the sessions I typically have my players spend their XP through OggDude and sent me the character and it takes just a few minutes to update their sheets in FG. This is why I love the program so much, the drag and drop functionality is so convenient versus other ways of online play like Roll20. Although I never tried Roll20 as a paid subscription, but even if that did mimic FG, I would have spent three times as much by now. Definitely worth the price of admission if you ask me.

No question about it - I really love FG, coupled with Teamspeak. Session today was mostly getting the characters transferred/changed plus basically the intro to the "real" campaign, but things went well.

As we all face challenges with players being professionals during the day, the session ended on a cliffhanger, but we'll be back the week after next.

Miekael
July 19th, 2016, 19:14
Hi everyone! Just finished up a small update to the libraries found here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?24150-Star-Wars-Edge-of-the-Empire-Library-modules&p=241032&viewfull=1#post241032). The GM Encounter library has been updated to include talents from the Special Modifications sourcebook. The Equipment library has also had a very small update that consist mostly of corrections I have made while running sessions. I plan on ordering the new books I haven't picked up yet on Friday, so look forward to more updates coming in the near future. Enjoy and Happy Gaming!

Xydonus
August 19th, 2016, 12:21
Thanks Miekael, these updates are much appreciated!

Miekael
September 25th, 2016, 19:14
Hey everyone, just thought I would check in and give you all a quick progress report. I have recently acquired the rest of the books that are in print and soon will be adding to the libraries with entries from Forged in Battle, Nexus of Power, and Savage Spirits. I have also been going through the gear entries and updating them with mechanical benefits in the descriptions. I am just about finished with all three Core books and will be moving on to sourcebooks soon. Unfortunately I have nothing to release yet, but you guys should be seeing some updates in the near future. As always, happy gaming!

Talley Darkstar
September 26th, 2016, 13:50
Very nice! I can't wait! Thank you Miekael!

Xydonus
September 26th, 2016, 21:47
Hey everyone, just thought I would check in and give you all a quick progress report. I have recently acquired the rest of the books that are in print and soon will be adding to the libraries with entries from Forged in Battle, Nexus of Power, and Savage Spirits. I have also been going through the gear entries and updating them with mechanical benefits in the descriptions. I am just about finished with all three Core books and will be moving on to sourcebooks soon. Unfortunately I have nothing to release yet, but you guys should be seeing some updates in the near future. As always, happy gaming!

Good to hear, looking forward to that. One of the primary complaints I have (and my players have) is that most of the equipment has to be referenced up which often can slow a game down. So I have been working whenever I have free time to fix that, adding mechanics to medkits and little things like that. Since I know its a lot of effort and work to do, its greatly appreciated!

Trenloe
September 26th, 2016, 22:00
I have also been going through the gear entries and updating them with mechanical benefits in the descriptions.
Please make sure this is purely game mechanics and no descriptive text. The last thing we want is FFG to issue a cease-and-desist, because even if the cease-and-desist could be legally challenged, I doubt I would. So, lets always err very much on the side of copyright caution when producing reference materials. Sorry, but that's the way it has to be. Thanks.

Miekael
September 27th, 2016, 02:49
Please make sure this is purely game mechanics and no descriptive text. The last thing we want is FFG to issue a cease-and-desist, because even if the cease-and-desist could be legally challenged, I doubt I would. So, lets always err very much on the side of copyright caution when producing reference materials. Sorry, but that's the way it has to be. Thanks.

Agreed, the last thing I want to do is jeopardize this ruleset. Everything put in will be mechanical in nature. The idea is to mimic how OggDude does his character generator which seems to be the gold standard as to what FFG allows to be shared. For example, the Medpac will now have the following:

May perform medicine checks to heal others without penalty.
Add boost to medicine checks.
Gain use of 1 stimpack per scene.

The majority of items are just getting page reference updates, namely items found in multiple books.

Miekael
October 2nd, 2016, 17:18
Alright everybody the Equipment Library has received it's first overhaul. This update brings corrections to page references to gear found in all three Core books as well as mechanical benefits added to the descriptions in items found in those books. The new library can be found here (https://www.dropbox.com/s/12lazzvcavh1voc/Star%20Wars%20Equipment%20Library.mod?dl=0). Enjoy, and hope to bring more to you guys soon.

Xydonus
October 3rd, 2016, 06:15
Awesome!

Dhaken
April 29th, 2017, 22:11
Is it possible to add the tables to the "quick tabs" at the bottom of FG? If I drag the Armor Table down to "quick tab 11" , when I click " quick tab 11" to retrieve the Armor Table I instead get this error (Script Error: [string ""]:1: attempt to index local 'nodeTitle' (a nil value).

Miekael
April 30th, 2017, 01:44
Is it possible to add the tables to the "quick tabs" at the bottom of FG? If I drag the Armor Table down to "quick tab 11" , when I click " quick tab 11" to retrieve the Armor Table I instead get this error (Script Error: [string ""]:1: attempt to index local 'nodeTitle' (a nil value).

I don't believe it is possible, but you can right click on the table when it is open and minimize it. This will give you a little icon that you can move around and reload from by left clicking.

Dhaken
April 30th, 2017, 17:52
I don't believe it is possible, but you can right click on the table when it is open and minimize it. This will give you a little icon that you can move around and reload from by left clicking.
Thanks Miekael

Trenloe
April 30th, 2017, 20:03
Unfortunately, the data structures of these records aren't designed to be added to the shortcut keys.

A possibility would be to add a link control to the window that opens, with a corresponding <link> entry in the module data, that would allow the link from the actual table (not from the menu list used to open to table) to be a dragable shortcut.

The Hawk and Sparrow
May 2nd, 2017, 17:26
Trenloe, not sure how I can help, but if you need help with any nug work let me know. I write well, so maybe that or perhaps some editing.... standing by. (Saluting) :)

Miekael
May 5th, 2017, 04:02
Hey everyone, I am pleased to announce on this great day the release of the Player Library 2.0! Inside you will find most everything a player will ever need. We have talents updated through Forged in Battle. The Species Templates have been added for quick reference and abilities. You will also find everything from the Equipment Library and Starship/Vehicle library has been added into Player Library 2.0, but no significant updates have been made to those sections yet. This library will also replace those previous libraries as I will no longer be updating them individually. You may download the new library from here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/f69zfs8sjitavs1/Star%20Wars%20Player%20Library.mod?dl=0

Look for more to come soon! May the fourth be with you!

Wookiee420
May 5th, 2017, 04:47
@Miekael or @Trenloe let me start with a thank you for your work!!!!!! I was wondering, i own the physical products, I want to make modules for myself to use and play and everything, what are the proper headers (line 1 and 2 on XML) and the proper database.xml stuff that i need to know to make my XML work? also is there anything special i need to know to make these modules (compared to making one for another system)? or is there anything else i should know before attempting this? THANK YOU!!

Miekael
May 5th, 2017, 05:00
Just open a library (I use winRAR and Open Office) and follow the format there, it is pretty easy to get if you have experience with xml. The only rule you need to know is when you rename libraries you need to change the definition.xml to match.

Wookiee420
May 5th, 2017, 05:38
duh, thats easy lol

Chorpa
June 1st, 2017, 23:11
Hello just checking in since I am reinstalling the Star Wars rules into FG on my new computer and wanted to create an adventure for an future game. Seems like I can't download all Miekael's library files. I can download the Encounter Library but not the Starship/Vehicle Library and Equipment Library. It says the files has been removed or the link inactivated. Have something happened to those files?

Miekael
June 2nd, 2017, 05:44
Hello just checking in since I am reinstalling the Star Wars rules into FG on my new computer and wanted to create an adventure for an future game. Seems like I can't download all Miekael's library files. I can download the Encounter Library but not the Starship/Vehicle Library and Equipment Library. It says the files has been removed or the link inactivated. Have something happened to those files?

Those Libraries have been discontinued, the new Player Library 2.0 has everything you need all rolled into a single library. You can find the new library here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?24150-Star-Wars-Edge-of-the-Empire-Library-modules&p=336494&viewfull=1#post336494).

Xydonus
June 2nd, 2017, 15:35
Those Libraries have been discontinued, the new Player Library 2.0 has everything you need all rolled into a single library. You can find the new library here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?24150-Star-Wars-Edge-of-the-Empire-Library-modules&p=336494&viewfull=1#post336494).

But the GM Encounter Library still has its uses right? Adversaries, GM Tools, etc, but the player libraries are now defunct, and rolled into 2.0 as you said.

Miekael
June 2nd, 2017, 16:49
But the GM Encounter Library still has its uses right? Adversaries, GM Tools, etc, but the player libraries are now defunct, and rolled into 2.0 as you said.

Yes the GM library is still available and has not been phased out, I am however debating on making some changes to reduce the file size so it is easier to update. My thoughts were to strip out some redundancies like the talent entries or possibly divide it into multiple volumes. Still debating on what to do, but nothing will happen to it until I have the Player Library caught up.

Chorpa
June 2nd, 2017, 17:22

Ahh thanks. Seem like I missed that they where joined into one. :o

tcorb1
July 15th, 2017, 20:14
Hey everyone, I am pleased to announce on this great day the release of the Player Library 2.0! Inside you will find most everything a player will ever need. We have talents updated through Forged in Battle. The Species Templates have been added for quick reference and abilities. You will also find everything from the Equipment Library and Starship/Vehicle library has been added into Player Library 2.0, but no significant updates have been made to those sections yet. This library will also replace those previous libraries as I will no longer be updating them individually. You may download the new library from here (https://www.dropbox.com/s/f69zfs8sjitavs1/Star%20Wars%20Player%20Library.mod?dl=0).

Look for more to come soon! May the fourth be with you!

Hi, Miekael Thank you so much for all the hard work. In transportation in the new player library 2.0, under modification are the weaponry table his empty when you click them.

Miekael
July 16th, 2017, 00:12
Hi, Miekael Thank you so much for all the hard work. In transportation in the new player library 2.0, under modification are the weaponry table his empty when you click them.

I must have missed that one, thanks for letting me know.

Edit: And fixed, enjoy, and always if you come across an error let me know. Happy gaming!

sevrick
January 1st, 2018, 21:56
So I have been adding talents and equipment to an XML file but when I copy the symbols from fantasy grounds to the code it looks wonky.
For what ever reason when I add "๕" for difficulty symbol to the XML code, it shows up in Fantasy Grounds as "รต" and not the proper symbol.
It is the same for the other symbols except they look different. It used to work.

Trenloe
January 1st, 2018, 23:51
It is the same for the other symbols except they look different. It used to work.
Nothing's changed.

If you're entering the character directly into the FG formattedtext XML you need to use the &#XXX; codes listed in this post: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?24071-Star-Wars-Edge-of-the-Empire-Age-of-Rebellion-Force-and-Destiny-v2-ruleset-teaser!&p=209786&viewfull=1#post209786 Make sure these don't get replaced by single characters in whatever XML editor you're using.

sevrick
January 4th, 2018, 01:04
For some reason "&#8217" keeps being inserted into my code where I put an apostrophe? Can the code not display an apostrophe as is?

Trenloe
January 4th, 2018, 01:16
For some reason "’" keeps being inserted into my code where I put an apostrophe? Can the code not display an apostrophe as is?
Don't use a curved apostrophe, use the straight apostrophe - ASCII code 39: https://www.theasciicode.com.ar/ascii-printable-characters/single-quote-apostrophe-ascii-code-39.html

Keep in mind that FG doesn't use Unicode characters, it uses a subset of 8-bit ASCII. If you're manually creating XML make sure that you set the encoding in your text editor to ANSI not UTF-8.

sevrick
January 8th, 2018, 01:16
The "<order type="number">01</order>" code I have been trying to use doesn't seem to work for me. I assume it so that you can specify a specific order they appear in.
This is what it currently looks like
I am trying to rearrange what order they appear in the list and thought it was pretty self explanatory, only it doesn't seem to work.
My code for it looks like this:

<padded>
<link type="windowreference">
<class>item</class>
<recordname>library.items.entries.armour.entries.padded@Genesy s (Pathfinder) Player Library</recordname>
</link>
<name type="string">Padded</name>
<value type="string">50</value>
<rarity type="string">2</rarity>
<encumbrance type="number">2</encumbrance>
<hardpoints type="number">1</hardpoints>
<armour>
<defence type="number">1</defence>
<soak type="number">0</soak>
</armour>
<order type="number">01</order>
</padded>

<leather>
<link type="windowreference">
<class>item</class>
<recordname>library.items.entries.armour.entries.leather@Genes ys (Pathfinder) Player Library</recordname>
</link>
<name type="string">Leather</name>
<value type="string">50</value>
<rarity type="string">2</rarity>
<encumbrance type="number">2</encumbrance>
<hardpoints type="number">1</hardpoints>
<armour>
<defence type="number">0</defence>
<soak type="number">1</soak>
</armour>
<order type="number">02</order>
</leather>

Trenloe
January 8th, 2018, 01:27
The "<order type="number">01</order>" code I have been trying to use doesn't seem to work for me. I assume it so that you can specify a specific order they appear in.
This is what it currently looks like
I am trying to rearrange what order they appear in the list and thought it was pretty self explanatory, only it doesn't seem to work.
My code for it looks like this:
There is no <order> field in the armor listing in the example library module in post #1.

<order> wasn't implemented for Armor in the Star Wars ruleset - basically because the armor table in the Edge of the Empire rulebook was in alphabetical order, so there was no need to override the base FG alphabetical ordering.

Akumashe
January 13th, 2018, 06:21
Been trying to add in info for my groups use... and somewhere I messed up badly...

Database Error: A XML parse error occurred processing file Star Wars Player Library:db.xml - Error on line 3910: Error reading end tag.
Runtime Notice: s'chatmanager.lua: sendSpecialMessage - msgtype = refreshactorlist'
Ruleset Warning: chat: Could not find icon ()
Runtime Notice: s'chatmanager.lua: sendSpecialMessage - msgtype = refreshdestinychits'
Runtime Notice: s'chit.lua: handleRefreshdestinyChits() window.getClass() = lightsidechit'
Runtime Notice: s'chatmanager.lua: sendSpecialMessage - msgtype = refreshdestinychits'
Runtime Notice: s'chit.lua: handleRefreshdestinyChits() window.getClass() = lightsidechit'
Runtime Notice: s'chit.lua: handleRefreshdestinyChits() window.getClass() = darksidechit'
Ruleset Warning: chat: Could not find icon (tool_layers_30)

Anyone got any idea what I did wrong? And yes, Im a happy noob who really dont know what Im doing... :ninja:

damned
January 13th, 2018, 07:09
Welcome Akumashe

Start by checking xml tags on lines 3909-3911 in db.xml
Then use an XML checker to make sure all the tags are good.

Akumashe
January 13th, 2018, 07:50
Got back to the original, copied my changes over a chunk at a time and test ran it, til the error came back, then started over at a smaller chunk of that part, rince repeat... found the fault to be -somewhere- in my attempt to put in a training lightsaber... threw that out for now and the rest works. Which is much preferably to nothing atall working :p
So, now I know where the error is, next step is to try and understand what I did wrong there but the main headache is past.

Thanks for the tip damned, though I solved it a slightly different way ;)

Bidmaron
January 13th, 2018, 14:22
If you post the offending xml, I am sure one of us can tell you the problem.

Akumashe
January 13th, 2018, 16:05
Afraid it seems I removed the offending part, instead of copying it into the new part (ops), so for this time its gona (which is double bad cause now I cant learn from it atall), if I run into new problems, I will be sure to keep copies so I can ask more properly (and hopefully then learn so I dont have to ask again).

Trenloe
January 13th, 2018, 16:41
Your best bet is to learn the basics of XML tags (opening, closing, etc.) and to run your XML through a XML syntax validator, or use a text editor that has XML syntax validation build in. For example, Notepad++ with the XML plugin.

Meliath1742
January 13th, 2018, 19:06
Ok, coming over from Savage Worlds where its fairly simple to create your own library modules. Is there a way to do that with Star Wars without being a programmer?

Trenloe
January 13th, 2018, 19:09
Ok, coming over from Savage Worlds where its fairly simple to create your own library modules. Is there a way to do that with Star Wars without being a programmer?
For stuff you can input via the interface, you can export that to a module.

Savage Worlds is the only ruleset that has a built in library module creator (other than the usual module export function).

Otherwise you have to copy/paste within XML. The example module in post #1 has the structure needed. Plus Miekael has created some very comprehensive libraries - see the links in post #2.

damned
January 13th, 2018, 23:45
For stuff you can input via the interface, you can export that to a module.

Savage Worlds is the only ruleset that has a built in library module creator (other than the usual module export function).

Otherwise you have to copy/paste within XML. The example module in post #1 has the structure needed. Plus Miekael has created some very comprehensive libraries - see the links in post #2.

Actually celestians AD&D has one too and it is being developed as a CoreRPG extension too: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?41833-Project-Author

Trenloe
January 14th, 2018, 01:09
Actually celestians AD&D has one too and it is being developed as a CoreRPG extension too: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?41833-Project-Author
That’s for creating specifically reference manuals from story entries.

And, Star Wars is not based on CoreRPG. So won’t work here.

Meliath1742
January 14th, 2018, 18:35
Thanks guys. I've downloaded all the extensions I can find. Just figuring out the differences now.

Trenloe
January 14th, 2018, 18:46
Thanks guys. I've downloaded all the extensions I can find. Just figuring out the differences now.
Only load extensions made specifically for the Star Wars: Edge of the Empire ruleset. CoreRPG extensions will not work properly.

Meliath1742
January 14th, 2018, 18:59
No problem, they're the extensions from these Star Wars threads.

Batei
September 7th, 2018, 23:41
Nothing's changed.

If you're entering the character directly into the FG formattedtext XML you need to use the &#XXX; codes listed in this post: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?24071-Star-Wars-Edge-of-the-Empire-Age-of-Rebellion-Force-and-Destiny-v2-ruleset-teaser!&p=209786&viewfull=1#post209786 Make sure these don't get replaced by single characters in whatever XML editor you're using.

First, thanks again for all your hard work Trenloe. I was wondering if there is code for a Force Point? I probably missed it. It's the half white/half black circle that is used quite a bit in the Force and Destiny book. :)

Trenloe
September 8th, 2018, 07:14
First, thanks again for all your hard work Trenloe. I was wondering if there is code for a Force Point? I probably missed it. It's the half white/half black circle that is used quite a bit in the Force and Destiny book. :)
There's no code for a single character force point. I use two characters <light>/<dark> to indicate a force point.

Batei
September 8th, 2018, 15:50
There's no code for a single character force point. I use two characters <light>/<dark> to indicate a force point.

Thanks for the reply. That's kind of what I've been doing, just putting the and/or in the middle all in parenthesis. I'm trying to decide if making things "bold" at times in the Library is worth the effort. A lot of the skill checks are bold in parts of the description if I recall and I like that personally, but not sure how much work that will include with so many references. :)

Elvedui
September 22nd, 2018, 14:47
[MODERATOR: Moved to the library data thread.]

I know that this is being done by the community on people spare time, but I was wondering if there was an updated version coming out. I did notice that the Bounty Hunter data is missing. I don't know if there are other specializations/talents not yet in the files, but just wondering if/when any update may be out. Also, don't seem to be able to edit ship attachments or add them?

bigkevib
October 3rd, 2018, 06:00
hello sorry if im in the wrong spot for this question but i've been trying to find the file for map and charater sheets for this ruleset can anybody help me with this issuse thank you for you time.

Trenloe
October 3rd, 2018, 06:02
hello sorry if im in the wrong spot for this question but i've been trying to find the file for map and charater sheets for this ruleset can anybody help me with this issuse thank you for you time.
Welcome to the FG forums.

Are you referring to the FG ruleset? If so, you can find it here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?24151-Star-Wars-Edge-of-the-Empire-Age-of-Rebellion-Force-and-Destiny-v2-ruleset If that's not what you're looking for, please let us know exactly what you need.

bigkevib
October 3rd, 2018, 07:28
Welcome to the FG forums.

Are you referring to the FG ruleset? If so, you can find it here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?24151-Star-Wars-Edge-of-the-Empire-Age-of-Rebellion-Force-and-Destiny-v2-ruleset If that's not what you're looking for, please let us know exactly what you need.

i was able to download the ruleset ok but it dose not have anything else with it i was looking for a map pack and players sheets so i could try to start up a game with some friends but i cant seam to find any link to any

Trenloe
October 3rd, 2018, 07:52
i was able to download the ruleset ok but it dose not have anything else with it i was looking for a map pack and players sheets so i could try to start up a game with some friends but i cant seam to find any link to any
You'll need to enter them yourself - the blank character sheet is already there, see the videos in the first post of the ruleset for details of how to add PCs.

For maps - find some on the internet, or extract .JPG files from other map products, then load to your <FG App Data>\campaigns\<SW campaign name>\images directory for use within your campaign.

The library modules available in this thread will give you NPCs, talents, equipment, etc..

Elvedui
October 4th, 2018, 14:04
Anything???

fmmm1000
March 11th, 2019, 21:17
V2.0 Player library available here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?24150-Star-Wars-Edge-of-the-Empire-Library-modules&p=336494&viewfull=1#post336494

Happy Thanksgiving everyone, back again today with another update to the libraries I finished last night. Last, but certainly not least, the Encounter Library (https://www.dropbox.com/s/gclyjmh47sgk233/Star%20Wars%20GM%20Encounter%20Library.mod?dl=0) has seen another fresh injection of entries in many areas as I complete my rounds of compiling adventures. Enjoy everyone, happy gaming.

I found something in the Encounter Library that I can't make any sense of. In the GM Tools there's this "Encounter Environment Tracker", and I have no clue how to read or use it or if it's even finished. Is there supposed to be more to this? Could you please explain it to me?

TheProfessor757
May 22nd, 2019, 14:45
Hey Trenloe!
I'm loving your work so far.
I just need to get my hands on Player Library 2.0.
Every time I try to find it, it takes me to the post announcing 2.0 but I can't find a link for it.
Also, all the other encounter/ship/etc. mods have been bundled into 2.0, correct?

Trenloe
May 22nd, 2019, 16:22
Hey Trenloe!
I'm loving your work so far.
Thanks!

I just need to get my hands on Player Library 2.0.
Every time I try to find it, it takes me to the post announcing 2.0 but I can't find a link for it.
There's a link in that post - hard to find, it's linked on the "here" word - "You may download the new library from here."

I'll edit that post to also include the actual link.

Also, all the other encounter/ship/etc. mods have been bundled into 2.0, correct?
Player specific "stuff" has been bundled. The encounter library is still separate.

TheProfessor757
May 22nd, 2019, 21:21
Found it!
Thank you so much, I was having trouble seeing the "here" because of the background.
This system is AMAZING.
Having such a blast tinkering with it.
Hosting my first game tonight!

Trenloe
May 22nd, 2019, 22:08
Found it!
Thank you so much, I was having trouble seeing the "here" because of the background.!
You're not the first one. I've edited the post to show the link.

This system is AMAZING.
Having such a blast tinkering with it.
Hosting my first game tonight!
I like the system. As far as the ruleset goes - don't expect some of the functionality from recent rulesets, this was developed and expanded on a ruleset base from over 5 years ago. It's still very usable (I've ran many games with it), but there are some things missing that many now take for granted.

Trenloe
July 2nd, 2019, 16:50
I've created a couple of videos that show how to add your own data to libraries for this ruleset - links below. these are Full HD and show detailed text so you may find it easier, and better quality, to download the videos and play them locally.

See this video for steps on how to add to an existing library module: https://www.dropbox.com/s/x86mpzyg5pcgl1x/Star%20Wars%20-%20Player%20Library%20update.mp4?dl=1

This shows how, in less than 10 minutes, you can add entries into the existing player module, available here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?24150-Star-Wars-Edge-of-the-Empire-Library-modules&p=336494&viewfull=1#post336494

It shows how you can copy/paste existing entries as examples and enter the data for the new record. Don't be put off by this not being in a spreadsheet or fancy database GUI - the information is a database format, using industry standard XML, and it's really just a case of copy/paste and change the data that's needed. I show this for two example talents in the video. The only "IT skills" you need are being able to extract a ZIP file, copy/paste plain text, re-zip a file and rename it (change the file extension).

If you'd rather create data in the FG interface, see this video (that expands on the first video) for further details on how to enter data directly into the FG interface and then export for use in modules: https://www.dropbox.com/s/k3f3asjswxxttcc/Star%20Wars%20-%20FG%20interface%20data%20export.mp4?dl=0

punisher5150
October 13th, 2019, 08:01
Sorry if this has been covered. I've been digging though the forums for an answer but haven't come across one: in the Players Libray module, version 2.0 in the description of items the die symbols are replaced with accented characters. 29382 How do I get those to revert back to die symbols?

Thanks for any help.

punisher5150
October 13th, 2019, 08:22
Sorry if this has been covered. I've been digging though the forums for an answer but haven't come across one: in the Players Libray module, version 2.0 in the description of items the die symbols are replaced with accented characters. 29382 How do I get those to revert back to die symbols?

Thanks for any help.

Disregard. Forgot to turn off the 14 point font extension. I knew that only Star Wars EotE extensions could be loaded. I'll leave this here for the anyone else who might be having the same problem. In short, unload all extensions except those specifically written for this ruleset.

punisher5150
November 2nd, 2019, 02:53
So I have started inputting the data from the books into the "See page XXX of XXX) references. I completed the Player's Library before realizing I did not check to see if all the books were accounted for in the module. Which books are not represented in the Players Library and the GM Encounter Library? Thanks for any help.

Azraghul
November 16th, 2019, 18:59
deleted

Elvedui
November 18th, 2019, 15:01
So I have started inputting the data from the books into the "See page XXX of XXX) references. I completed the Player's Library before realizing I did not check to see if all the books were accounted for in the module. Which books are not represented in the Players Library and the GM Encounter Library? Thanks for any help.

I can't tell you which books specifically are not included, but the library is old so most of the books are not included. I think it just have some of the starter books.

Trenloe
November 18th, 2019, 15:14
According to the post with the link to the library download (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?24150-Star-Wars-Edge-of-the-Empire-Library-modules&p=336494&viewfull=1#post336494): "We have talents updated through Forged in Battle."

So if you can find a release schedule somewhere that will give you an idea of what's in the module.

punisher5150
February 22nd, 2020, 17:18
For anyone who might be interested, I've deep dived the db.xml and found that the Player library is pretty thorough, at least containing "see page XX... references.

The missing sourcebooks are:
EotE - No Disintegrations
AoR - Cyphers & Masks, Fully Operational
FaD - Nexus of Power, Disciples of Harmony

Adventures (which possibly have no additional data anyway) - Beyond the Rim, Onslaught at Arda I, Friends Like These, and Ghosts of Dathomir

All of the ERA sourcebooks - Dawn of Rebellion, Rise of the Separatists, Allies and Adversaries, Collapse of the Republic, Gadgets and Gear, and obviously Starships and Speeders

kyorobr
March 20th, 2020, 15:45
So, Encounter Module, Starship Module, GM Module, etc...they are all in one module, is that correct?

kyorobr
March 20th, 2020, 15:47
I would like to receive your updated files, please. Send to this e-mail [email protected].

kyorobr
March 20th, 2020, 15:48
For anyone who might be interested, I've deep dived the db.xml and found that the Player library is pretty thorough, at least containing "see page XX... references.

The missing sourcebooks are:
EotE - No Disintegrations
AoR - Cyphers & Masks, Fully Operational
FaD - Nexus of Power, Disciples of Harmony

Adventures (which possibly have no additional data anyway) - Beyond the Rim, Onslaught at Arda I, Friends Like These, and Ghosts of Dathomir

All of the ERA sourcebooks - Dawn of Rebellion, Rise of the Separatists, Allies and Adversaries, Collapse of the Republic, Gadgets and Gear, and obviously Starships and Speeders

I would like to receive your updated files, please. Send to this e-mail [email protected].

punisher5150
March 20th, 2020, 17:48

I haven't modded or updated the libray. I just wanted to post which books were missing in case someone wanted to update it. So the Library 2.0 posted by Trenloe is the most current version. Unfortunately I have not investigated the format of the xml to make any additions. And to clarify when I looked into the file I simply did a find for all of the sourcebook names and the ones in the post above were the ones that did not exist.

Herzog Igzorn
April 13th, 2020, 07:25
Sadly the links for the Starship and equipment Librarys don't work anymore.
Any idea where/how i can get those two librarys?

Trenloe
April 13th, 2020, 07:46
Sadly the links for the Starship and equipment Librarys don't work anymore.
Any idea where/how i can get those two librarys?
Welcome to the FG forums. Those two were incorporated into the player library v2.0.

chikininabizkit
April 13th, 2020, 09:49
I've downloaded the .mod file for the player library v2.0. All indications seem to be that you simply place the file in your 'modules' folder in the appdata and it should show up in your Modules (upper right in-game). It's there in the modules folder among all the others (monster and character pogs and tokens, etc.) However, when I open the game and open Modules, it's not listed. Am I misunderstanding or missing a step? Does the file need to be modified in some way? I've tried closing and re-opening, doing an update, and it still isn't there.

damned
April 13th, 2020, 10:33
I've downloaded the .mod file for the player library v2.0. All indications seem to be that you simply place the file in your 'modules' folder in the appdata and it should show up in your Modules (upper right in-game). It's there in the modules folder among all the others (monster and character pogs and tokens, etc.) However, when I open the game and open Modules, it's not listed. Am I misunderstanding or missing a step? Does the file need to be modified in some way? I've tried closing and re-opening, doing an update, and it still isn't there.

Are you running FGU or FGC?
Its very possible the modules might need some work for FGU.
Otherwise once you go onto Library and then Modules and Load them.

chikininabizkit
April 13th, 2020, 11:48
I'm on FGC Ultimate. The Library only lists "Maps > fgbattlemaps" - and even that is just text, there are no maps. And there's nothing from the Star Wars mod.

Like I said, I downloaded the file "Star Wars Player Library.mod" and placed it in the folder "C: > Users > (my name) > AppData > Roaming > Fantasy Grounds > Modules. It's at the end of a list of other .mod files, including some that DO show up in my in-game Modules menu. This seems like it ought to be very straight forward and I genuinely don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Trenloe
April 13th, 2020, 11:56
Works fine for me. Have you scrolled down within the modules window? Use the mouse-wheel or click-drag the scrollbar on the right side of the Modules window.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=33594

damned
April 13th, 2020, 14:31
Folder path is wrong for FGU - there should be a /SmiteWorks in there

Trenloe
April 13th, 2020, 14:56
Folder path is wrong for FGU - there should be a /SmiteWorks in there
They're not using FGU. They're on FGC Ultimate. Drink some coffee! ;)

damned
April 13th, 2020, 15:07
I quit caffeine 2 years ago. Thats my excuse. And Im sticking with it.

chikininabizkit
April 13th, 2020, 21:02
As far as I have seen everywhere I've looked, it's in the right place. When you click the "Open Data Folder" button in the launcher, this is where it goes. I've deleted it, updated FG, re-downloaded it, moved it to the same folder, and re-updated FG. I have to be doing something wrong. Am I mistaken? Is there another step other than downloading the v2 library .mod file and pasting it into this folder?
33634 33635

Trenloe
April 13th, 2020, 21:16
That looks fine. By the way - no need to keep updating FG - this is a community module, updating does nothing for community material.

Could you attach the .mod file you have in your modules directory? So I can check if the file is corrupt in any way.

chikininabizkit
April 13th, 2020, 21:24
Yeah, absolutely. I mean, I just grabbed it from here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/f69zfs8sjitavs1/Star%20Wars%20Player%20Library.mod?dl=0 - the link provided in the thread you're directed to when looking for the player library module in the forums.

Trenloe
April 13th, 2020, 21:29
That's fine.

Try one thing - delete "calendars.mod" from your modules directory. Restart FG, don't run an update. Then load up your Star Wars EotE ruleset - do you see the "calendars" available to activate?

chikininabizkit
April 13th, 2020, 21:31
I deleted 'calendars.mod' and restarted FG. It is no longer in the Modules.

Trenloe
April 13th, 2020, 21:32
I deleted 'calendars.mod' and restarted FG. It is no longer in the Modules.
So it's the right directory then.

Can you attach a screenshot of the chat window immediately after loading - so I can see the ruleset info etc..

chikininabizkit
April 13th, 2020, 21:46
Yep. And thanks for digging into this with me. I'm just starting with FG and I was starting to get a little discouraged.

Trenloe
April 13th, 2020, 21:54
That's the right version.

Other than, for some reason FG isn't able to access the file, I can't think of anything.

While the campaign is loaded. Open the FG console (with /console in the chat window). Leave it open. Return to the FG launcher (via the right-click desktop menu) then re-load the campaign and go to the module activation window. Is there any error or warning in the console? There'll be three warnings for not finding the SW_logo and logo icon, and the chat icon().

Can you try the GM encounter library? From here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gclyjmh47sgk233/Star%20Wars%20GM%20Encounter%20Library.mod?dl=0

chikininabizkit
April 13th, 2020, 22:29
Runtime Notice: Host session started
Ruleset Warning: Could not load icon resource (SW_logo)
Ruleset Warning: Could not load icon resource (logo)
Runtime Notice: s'Registring tvsize slash handler'
Runtime Notice: s'dieboxviewlistmanager.lua: onInit()'
Runtime Notice: s'chit.lua: handleRefreshdestinyChits() window.getClass() = darksidechit'
Database Notice: Campaign saved.

I put the GM Encounter Library in the same folder. It also doesn't show up in the Modules window.

Herzog Igzorn
April 14th, 2020, 03:06
Oh. thanks alot Trenloe!

Trenloe
April 14th, 2020, 09:33
Runtime Notice: Host session started
Ruleset Warning: Could not load icon resource (SW_logo)
Ruleset Warning: Could not load icon resource (logo)
Runtime Notice: s'Registring tvsize slash handler'
Runtime Notice: s'dieboxviewlistmanager.lua: onInit()'
Database Notice: Campaign saved.

I put the GM Encounter Library in the same folder. It also doesn't show up in the Modules window.
This is all very weird. I really don't know what's going on. It's acting like the modules aren't in the right directory - but we've tested that by removing the calendar.mod file - which was also removed from the Modules window in the campaign. Or that FG can't read the file for some reason, but we've proved the file's OK - unless your computer is blocking access to that file.

Something to try

move the .mod file from the <FG app data>\modules directory.
Rename it to .zip.
Then extract the files to a local directory - call it "Star Wars Player Library". Inside this directory should be db.xml, definition.xml and thumbnail.pn
Copy the whole "Star Wars Player Library" directory to the <FG app data>\modules directory.
Load up your Star Wars EotE campaign in FG and see if you access the module this way.

chikininabizkit
April 14th, 2020, 12:37
When I extracted the files, it brought up the ones you listed. I moved that whole directory to the modules folder. They still don't show up in-game.

I tried deleting the original .mod file and replacing it by zipping the extracted files into a new .zip and renaming it to .mod. Still nothing.

I'm going to try a full uninstall/reinstall and see if it fixes anything.

chikininabizkit
April 14th, 2020, 12:45
Okay... or not. Fantasy Grounds doesn't even show up in Apps & Features or Control Panel, now, so I don't even know how to uninstall it. I have no idea what to even try.

Trenloe
April 14th, 2020, 12:58
It’s rare that an uninstall-reinstall would fix something like this - everything else appears to be working ok.

To double- edify that FG is looking in the right directory. In a Star Wars campaign, create a story entry then type /export in the chat window and fill out file name, name and click the story entry. Then right click and select export.

Check in your FG modules directory - has a module been created with the file name you used? If so, load up a new Star Wars campaign - can you see your newly exported module in the Modules screen?

Trenloe
April 14th, 2020, 12:59
And, while I’m thinking about it, please provide a screenshot of your <FG App data>\rulesets directory - showing all the files that are there.

chikininabizkit
April 14th, 2020, 13:44
I exported the test library. It showed up in the modules folder and it shows up in the in-game Modules window for both the prior and the new campaigns. Neither the "Star Wars GM Encounter Library" nor "Star Wars Player Library" show up in the Modules window of either campaign.

Trenloe
April 14th, 2020, 13:47
I exported the test library. It showed up in the modules folder and it shows up in the in-game Modules window for both the prior and the new campaigns.
Great! Please attach that .mod file here.

chikininabizkit
April 14th, 2020, 13:55
Here you are, sir.

Trenloe
April 14th, 2020, 13:58
Here you are, sir.
Thanks.

Looking in definition.xml we see the reason:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
<root version="3.3" release="2.1">
<name>Library Test Story</name>
<category></category>
<author></author>
<ruleset>EotE</ruleset>
</root>

Most modules are tagged for a specific ruleset. The ruleset name is the name of the .pak file you load from the rulesets directory. It looks like you renamed the "Star Wars EotE.pak" file to just "EotE.pak". Rename it back to it's original name.

chikininabizkit
April 14th, 2020, 14:41
Yes! I deleted the existing campaigns, renamed the .pak file, and created a new campaign. The appropriate modules are now available. Thank you so much for your help! I knew I must have done something wrong in some part of the process and I truly appreciate you taking the time to help me find it.

Trenloe
April 14th, 2020, 14:42
Yes! I deleted the existing campaigns, renamed the .pak file, and created a new campaign. The appropriate modules are now available. Thank you so much for your help! I knew I must have done something wrong in some part of the process and I truly appreciate you taking the time to help me find it.
Took a while, but got there in the end.

oma012
May 17th, 2020, 21:30
if someone need the skill library because he create custom skills, this is an example https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TsMnqpT7NM1eFKY0IQEsELgI_RvwKSWS/view?usp=sharing

midas
August 4th, 2020, 18:50

What would be an example of this in the XML? I can't find a way to get this code in without getting errors on launch.

Trenloe
August 4th, 2020, 18:58
What would be an example of this in the XML? I can't find a way to get this code in without getting errors on launch.

&#248;/&#248;

Or in FG use the text replacement code - info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?24071-Star-Wars-Edge-of-the-Empire-Age-of-Rebellion-Force-and-Destiny-v2-ruleset-teaser!&p=209786&viewfull=1#post209786

midas
August 4th, 2020, 19:08
Hah, I'm an idiot. I was putting <light> and <dark> in the XML, not the dice code. ><

Trenloe
August 4th, 2020, 19:16
Hah, I'm an idiot. I was putting <light> and <dark> in the XML, not the dice code. ><
Yeah, that'll five you an error. XML doesn't like < or > within text.

bazutti
October 11th, 2020, 07:20
Ok, just found out about this and it's awesome! I have a few questions if someone could help out.

I can't seem to be able to share the modules with anyone. I put in the player library and GM encounter library into the module folder. I can see them as a GM. I go to the modules button in FG and open the book icon and set it to allow players. However, I get a script error, and nothing is shared.

Script Error: [string "managers/initiativemanager.lua"]:192: attempt to call field 'getWindows' (a nil value)

Any ideas?

Trenloe
October 11th, 2020, 10:07
Script Error: [string "managers/initiativemanager.lua"]:192: attempt to call field 'getWindows' (a nil value)
As a work around, open the initiative tracker first.

NinkasiNinja
November 1st, 2020, 03:55
nvm

johniba
November 1st, 2020, 04:17
Is any of this FGU compatible?

I just invested into a bunch of the EotE books, I have alot of reading to do yet. Especially dice support?

It is not compatible with FGU, but we have a new ruleset that is.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?53302-Genesys-(FFG-RPG)-work-in-progress&p=552046&viewfull=1#post552046

It is compatible with both FGC and FGU, and currently Sevrick is working on libraries with data from the books.

Please download the ruleset from the above link, and if you have any questions or feedback, reply to that same thread

And yes it does have dice support

Xydonus
November 1st, 2020, 04:55
It is not compatible with FGU, but we have a new ruleset that is.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?53302-Genesys-(FFG-RPG)-work-in-progress&p=552046&viewfull=1#post552046

It is compatible with both FGC and FGU, and currently Sevrick is working on libraries with data from the books.

Please download the ruleset from the above link, and if you have any questions or feedback, reply to that same thread

And yes it does have dice support

Oh, never noticed that there has been a new star wars ruleset. That might go under the radar a little since it doesn't seem to be mentioned in the OP of that thread as well. Nice, I gotta download this and try it out.

johniba
November 1st, 2020, 05:47
Oh, never noticed that there has been a new star wars ruleset. That might go under the radar a little since it doesn't seem to be mentioned in the OP of that thread as well. Nice, I gotta download this and try it out.

I apologize for that.
I will soon create a new thread in the forum to highlight the existence of this new ruleset, and will ask moderation to link the original post in the old topics, so people can find it :)

Please download it, test it, and let me know what you think. For now you can use that other topic for discussing the new ruleset :)

I am working tirelessly to finish vehicle combat this weekend hopefuly, and after that, a few touches to improve the star wars ruleset...

johniba
November 1st, 2020, 06:17
I have updated the initial post:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?53302-Genesys-(FFG-RPG)-work-in-progress&p=471986#post471986

Xydonus
November 7th, 2020, 11:16
Awesome! Been super busy of late so I've not been able to provide much feedback on it yet. Hope to get a proper go at it soon.